“Unreliable!”
Review of ABC Parasail - CLOSED

ABC Parasail
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: ABC Parasail offers you the best parasail ride in Orange Beach. We are a small business and offer you personalized attention. We have no misleading "bait and switch" advertising or "discount coupons" either. Here is what you are guaranteed with ABC Parasail: You will receive at least 11-12 minutes flight time, GUARANTEED or your money back. At ABC... you will always get a bit more than you pay for. That is just how I do business. Best regards, Capt. Chuck
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I read favorable reviews on ABC and made a reservation a day ahead of time for our family of five to parasail. I gave our cc# to hold the reservation for the next day as requested. The next morning we were called by ABC as we pulled into their lot, a half hour early as advised. We were rescheduled for the evening. Then a couple hours after that we received a call that we were canceled altogether. A huge disappointment, esp. for our kids. We were leaving the next morning and didn't get to look for a more reputable company to parasail with.

The 1st reason given for reschedule was possible storm moving in. The 2nd time we were called and cancelled we were told their one and only boat was broken.

2  Thank busymomStCharles_MO
Charles P, Owner at ABC Parasail, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2015

I am sorry this was a huge "disappointment" for you and you children.

I assure you it is a huge disappointment for me also when bad weather shuts me down. BUT, I have no control over the weather and I WILL NOT compromise my safety standards... simple as that.
I also have no control over mechanical breakdowns.

For you to state my company is not reputable or reliable because I adhere to Safety Standards [for you, the customers safety] and because I had a mechanical break down seems totally unfair.

I value my customers safety and will not compromise that... even if it causes "disappointment".
"Disappointment" is much better than possible injury or death when weather condition are not favorable for parasailing.

And yes, I am a small business and do only operate one parasail boat. When it has a mechanical failure I try and fix it as quickly as possible. Sorry you were leaving the next morning.

If you are ever in the area again, feel free to contact me [Capt. Chuck] personally and two of your children can go parasailing for free...... weather permitting.

Best regards,