“Heavenly View, Divine Menu!”
Review of The Gulf

The Gulf
Ranked #12 of 146 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Passing by this new outdoor open-air eatery and ocean/bay front escape, one would not imagine the beauty to be so incredibly stunning, the décor so superb, delightfully cozy, ocean-shabby chic with a dash of elegance OR the extremely mouthwatering menu choices. I had the Fried Grouper Sandwich with a side Spinach and Arugula salad tossed in an impeccable vinaigrette, bleu cheese and grape tomatoes. My husband had the Bleu Cheese Burger with a side of French Fries. I also tried the "Surf's Up" cocktail. Every bite of the food and sip of the drink, which we shared, along with a view made in heaven, made us both feel as if we had died and gone to heaven! You don't want to miss this if you're in Orange Beach or Gulf Shores, Alabama are ... Pensacola locals or visitors may also wish to head west just a little way to soak this one up!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We took the daughter and grand kids here for lunch on a perfect day. Right on the beach under the palm trees. Food and service were very good. Highly recommend to everyone.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The Gulf is a casual, yet bright, happy little spot on the Gulf. Service is happy and attentive and the short menu is full of excellent dishes that can be served quite quickly.

This is an all outdoor restaurant. Views are stunning, and there are an array of venues to select from large group tables to group seating in the sand and large two person romantic lounges. This is a great place to watch the sunset or view the moon.

Friendly for families, yet very adult in atmosphere and food and service. We absolutely love this place.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere here and I also loved the fried grouper sandwich. They also have little couch areas to sit on and relax which has a romantic feel at night. When I say casual...you order your food through a window and they bring it to you. It's a great place for a basic laid back seafood meal. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My mom sister and I took a girls trip to Orange Beach in March and while "mother nature" did not deliver (we had 1...count it, 1 warm day out of 5!) the Gulf restaurant did! All seating is outdoors because you are literally beach front, with an amazing view of the bridge over to Perdido. There are a variety of seating options from long tables to couches to cool retro chairs right along the beach. Although it was only about 50 degrees and windy the day we ate there, we managed to find a little recessed area (hidden from the wind) to eat out lunch. Mom and sis ordered burgers which they said were delicious and I ordered a grouper sandwich which was HUGE and delicious. The fries were fresh cut and plentiful and while the drinks at the bar were a bit on the pricey side (hey, it's the beach!) there was a good selection of beers and some well made options like fresh mojito's and other specialty drinks. I hope to visit again when the weather is better and sit up top on the upper level with sweeping views on the beautiful water.

Been to The Gulf? Share your experiences!