“Unexpectedly delicious!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We loved everything about this non-chain-restaurant. The BAMA Shrimp appetizer was enough to feed more than just the two of us, and was excellent. The huge steak was perfectly medium rare; the gumbo was some of the best I have had in a long time. We will be back!

1  Thank Love2TravelAlabama

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for the first time in 10 yrs of coming to the area- needed food and always saw cars there. 5 ppl 2 adults 3 boys 12, 12, & 10. Chicken fingers good, great strip steak and excellent bacon wrapped filet. Tuna was nothing special- one of the kids ate it with ketchup. Anyway- the 5 of us got sat in a small table area because of a 12+ group in the back. We kept getting looked at by the front manager and talked about by her, I finally asked her if we needed to move. She said no - told us a story about the owners and how they mentioned that this place turned tables fast. Boy do they! We were rushed outta there like they were trying to hide the bad relatives from the guests - and NO ONE was waiting. The 'bus boy' kept circling and asking to take plates away. After interrupting conversation twice , we had paid, I got up and told them I've never been run out of a place or felt so unwelcomed. Left and probably won't go back.

2  Thank Stephanae B
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Never tasted such a delicious seasoning put on the steak before grilling. The service very friendly with a down home feel to the restaurant. Nothing bad to say about this place.

1  Thank Terry T
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband had the ribeye steak, which was very good and well worth the price. I had the seafood platter which was a bit of a disappointment. The waitress was friendly, as was the other staff members. We will return, and the next time I will get the steak.

1  Thank hungry3
Reviewed July 16, 2013

All the years of coming to the gulf shores we finally found a great restaurant. The women had the King Crab legs and just said the bes they have had. We men e of us had the Uncle Mike's big ribeye, what can I say, probably the best I've had in a while and definitely the best in the gulf, so far. 7-15-2013