“Perfect Steak and Crab legs”

Diamond Jim's and Mrs. Donna's Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Perfect Steak and Crab legs”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I'm so happy we found this great little place. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding.
I had the Sirloin, and it melted in my mouth. Cooked to perfection. My husband had the crab legs and he was very surprised when they brought out 12 Alaskan Crab legs. He was busy for quite a while. The side dishes were also delicious. I had the twice baked potato casserole, and my husband had the baked beans. Both meals were also served with a delicious salad.
The atmosphere was very nice and rustic. We had a perfect night out for dinner, and we will definitely be back.

2 Thank ColoradoGal123

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Steak and service”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I had diner at this restaurant tonight. I must tell you the service was great, best steak I've had in a long time! Will be going back again real soon.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Diane B
Nashville, Tennessee
“BEST STEAK AROUND!!!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The restaurant was recommended as the best steaks and it was absolutely true! The folks were friendly, attentive, and helpful.

My husband and I decided to go "First Class" so we both ordered Mrs. Donna's Filet. It was cooked exactly as we asked (medium rare) and was EXCELLENT! The steak was perfect Filet tenderness and so full of taste --- don't ruin it with any sauces!

We also enjoyed the twice baked potato casserole - it was obvious that they use real potatoes and a real, passed-down for generations type recipe. That casserole was smooth, creamy, and delicious!

The biggest surprise was with the season vegetables. We often order this at restaurants because we try to be healthy - but at this restaurant the seasonal vegetables were healthy AND delicious! It was a mix of squash, green beans, and other vegetables that were cooked just right.

Our vacation lasts a few more days, so we plan to go back to try their seafood. Hopefully, it won't be too much of a wait since this restaurant is on Canal Street, not directly on the beach. It's a hidden gem! Don't miss it!

1 Thank Angie L
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Love this place. Delicious food from start to finish. Staff was on top of it, too. I will definately be back.

1 Thank Burton6
Mobile, Alabama
“Steak good service not so much”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I shared the BIG ONE and paid for extra plate set up. Steak was not cooked first go round. Waitress didn't wait for us to check the done ness so getting it back to the grill took awhile. Finally waived down the busboy to get our server to show the steak was not cooked on one side. Service here sucks they need to be trained if your spending that much for a dinner, you deserve good service.

• Visited April 2013