“It was just ok.”

Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trail
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Nice asphalt trail, but not really much to see besides pine trees and bushes. There were some cacti and a couple pretty flowers. Oh, and there was a frog in the shelter I poured water on... I mean on which I poured water. Overall it was worth it for the exercise.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Beautiful Trail with lots of nice places to rest, about 2 1/2 miles back there is a restroom and a nice place to have a picnic.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The place is gorgeous! The path is paved, and you can walk...run...or stroll! I used it to exercise by a fast paced and lengthy walk while my five year old and hubby strolled. It is so pretty, that we went back twice.
Do watch out for snakes. I saw two in a brief period of time on separate occasions in the middle of the path, and they do blend in!
Take water, as I never saw a fountain. Also, I walked a couple of miles without seeing a restroom.
Go before you walk.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My daughter and I rented bikes and rode the trail July 31,2013. She lost the keys to her car and apartment on the trail. We left a message for the staff about the lost keys and call AAA for a tow to a auto dealership in Foley, AL to have the key system reset and get a new key. Had a very difficult wait for the wrecker and then received a call from a trail staff member who said the keys had been found! She picked us up at the the Rosemary Dunes Trail site and drove us to Gulf State Park where the keys had been left for us. I had stayed at the Lake Cabins when my daughters were little and she gave us a tour of the newer cabins. The kindness of the staff touched our hearts and the beauty of the trails lifted our souls. It is lovely.

I am 57 and haven't biked in years...not too hard for someone my age. My 36 year old daughter aced it! We rode 12 miles in about 2 hours, stopping for photos. There are benches on the trails to rest if you become tired. I would recommend the trail to anyone who loves nature and wants a change from the beach. The staff rocks!

3  Thank Margaret J
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a fabulous place to go and walk,jog,bike without the dangers of the crazy, busy folks coming off the beach. The beach is a fabulous place but so many sometimes loose their train of thinking while here. That is why I pick the trails verses beach road during the summer to walk/run--great cardio in a quiet place!

1  Thank fisherfolks