“The Best Meal We've Had Since Arriving”
Review of The Shrimp Shack - CLOSED

The Shrimp Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Owensboro, Kentucky
“The Best Meal We've Had Since Arriving”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Someone on the elevator recommended we try Shrimp Shack for dinner. They were right when they told us not to expect a lot of people there but to be prepared for a great meal. The price was reasonable and the food delicious. I had the small grilled shrimp platter and my husband had the large blackened shrimp platter. Both came with slaw, hush puppies and fries. We were greeted as soon as we walked in. I'm assuming the person waiting on us was the owner or at least the manager. He was friendly and quick to serve us. Our food and drink were promptly brought to us and the plates were over flowing. There was more food on my small platter than I could eat. Hubby had no problem finishing off all of his and the few shrimp left on mine. Kudos to the staff for great taste and service.

• Visited October 2013

Southaven
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little secret!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband was looking for raw oysters and we had actually gone somewhere else only to be told they were out of oysters. When I asked the server there if she knew of anywhere that had oysters, she suggested Shrimp Shack. Sure enough, Shrimp Shack had raw oysters and my husband loved them! He also had a bowl of gumbo, which he thought was really good even if it didn't have rice in it. I had fried crab claws, which were the best I have had in the area in years. The french fries were crisp and well-seasoned. All the portions were extremely generous. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu, and was very helpful and attentive. We'll definitely return here, and highly recommend.

• Visited September 2013
“Delightful!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The fried shrimp was delicious and so fresh. The cole slaw was perfect. Service was excellent. Will definitely go back! Great deal for the price!

• Visited August 2013
“Great service, okay food, no atmosphere”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a great waiter, he was super friendly and helped us with our menu selections. Sadly out of eight of us, no one loved their food. I will say the blackened shrimp were really good. But everything we ordered that was fried, was over-fried, the kids corn dogs included. My daughter wouldn't even eat her fish sticks because there were so over-done. Don't think I'd go back, there are better restaurants to try!

Hermitage, Tennessee
“VERY good shrimp”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had tried several restaurants on Orange Beach and were a little disappointed. The folks at Shrimp Shack deliver on fresh and tasty. Great fried shrimp. Don't miss the Gouda cheese grits. Very friendly service.