“Very, very good bread pudding”
Review of Compleat Angler - CLOSED

Compleat Angler
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Compleat Angler Seafood and Grille is undergoing a transition where it will be incorporated as an extension of Bimini Bob's as the "Compleat Angler Room". This conversion will take approximately two weeks. We would love to serve you at Bimini Bob's during this time and hope that you enjoy our new direction and interior area. The Bimini Bob's entrance is two doors down towards Marlin Circle.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Located at The Wharf. The food & service was great. They serve sweet bread instead of rolls - it was nice & hot. They also use this bread to make their bread pudding. A piece is big enough for several people.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Decided to try some new restaurants during this Easter Weekend trip to the beach. So glad we did. We really enjoyed Compleat Angler. I had the Mahi mahi Stevie Nicks style. Veg of the day was squash and zuchinni and it was tasty. It also came with rice and black beans. I skipped the beans and just had the rice, which was tasty, but a very small serving of it. My husband had the Tuna, rare, also Stevie Nicks style and he also really enjoyed his meal. Gumbo at the beginning was very tasty. The house made bread was great, so I decided to give the bread pudding a try. It was the least enjoyable part of the meal, but my husband and I are pretty fussy when it comes to bread pudding. (It was a huge serving though) We didn't have to wait for a table (It was Easter Sunday and there weren't too many people around), but we ended up spending some time in the "game room" with the kids when we were finished with our meal- It was especially fun to see our kids play Pacman for the first time! Glad to know they can appreciate an oldie but a goody. There really is a lot to do at this restaurant if you have to wait for a table (as I am sure you would have to do for a long time in peak season), and I think the wait would be worth it.

1  Thank Paula B
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Always enjoy my visits to the Compleat Angler when in Orange Beach. Delicious food, excellent service and beautiful waterfront view - perfect to watch the sunset over the bridge and all the lovely boats at the marina. Hats off to Nick - the manager for always remembering to stop by to say hello and check on our satisfaction (these little things make a difference). Crab claws naked with the Stevie Nicks sauce are amazing!!! Love the shrimp, trigger fish, um....well just everything I've tried!!! The atmosphere is very comfortable and fun - TVs inside for the sports enthusiasts (big screens outside during the big games), and live music at night. Love the boat bar too - way cool.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is not on the beach however it is on an inlet/marina and well worth a trip to the Wharf for lunch or dinner. Service was top notch, friendly and efficient. All of our lunch entrees were wonderful and the most reasonable of our trip. Recommend the shrimp, shrimp and grits and Po-boys. Happy hour looks amazing with $2 piña coladas. We plan to return again this week.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very nice menu. My wife had Tuna a la Stevie Nicks, and portion was huge. My fried shrimp had a light batter that did not hide the shrimp flavor. We split a rum cake desert which was very, very good. Quick friendly service and reasonable prices too.