“Laid back with good atmosphere”
Review of Calypso Joe's Caribbean Grille - CLOSED

Calypso Joe's Caribbean Grille
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Water front dining, live music nightly, great new menu with 9 new items. Superior food quality with many tasty choices. Kids rides, ring toss and crab races nightly. Fresh seafood, steaks, burgers, poboys, salads & kids meals.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Located in a marina with a menu trying to be "islandy". Food overall was good as was service. Handled our large group fairly well, only screwed up one order!

There are newer reviews for Calypso Joe's Caribbean Grille

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We came in on a Sun evening around 6p. Our party consisted of 4 adults and 5 kids. We were greeted and seated promptly. The chef personally came out and greeted us as well. He told us we'd love everything they had, especially the jerk chicken. Well, my wife ordered the jerk chicken salad. She said it was OK, just pretty good. In all fairness, we are jerk chicken freaks! I had the crawfish poboy with a black beans and rice side. The crawfish weren't really seasoned spicy like I enjoy them, but the bb&r were excellent. My kids had a burger and fries, and fried fish with fries-they ate it all. Perhaps Calypso Joe's has to cater to the Northern/Midwestern palate and spicyness/seasoning when it comes to dishes that are suppose to have some kick to them.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Awful awful awful. I will never eat hear again!!!!!! The management was so rude. When I told the man my food was cold and the service was awful he told just don't come back.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Beautiful elegant setting right on the water at the marina. We had the tuna steak, which was literally the thickness of a piece of beef and perfectly cooked. The Cuban nachos were amazing, and the Cancun Grille was the best piece of fish I think I've ever had. It is served up with a side of plantains, black beans and rice. A full bar with a variety of vacation style cocktails rounded out a beautiful evening under the lights of the marina complete with the sound of water lapping at the pier. The staff was friendly and in mid-October you can pick the best spot in the place. Our tab for 3 people with drinks ran about a hundred bucks but it was a memorable meal with great ambiance for our last night of a fall break vacation.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Like a previous review, I too was fooled by the advertisement and the look of the atmosphere. Thought we would try something different since it is advertised as a "Carribean Grille". Restaurant was hard to find at night. We ordered the conch fritters for an appetizer and it was good. Only had 5 fritters that were the size of a hush puppy (overpriced), which would be enough for maybe 2 people. We ordered the fish in a tin, fresh catch of the day (Mahi Mahi), and kids ordered fried shrimp, fish, and a cheeseburger. I have to say everyone's meals were average except mine, the fish in a tin. It was no more than a fish wrapped in aluminum foil with a few seasoning and a couple of chunks of pineapple. The fish tasted very average...nothing special. The sides were absolutely terrible. My yellow rice was cold and hard and the vegetables had no taste except for the peppers, which tasted like left over burnt grease. My husband described my rice as tasting like cold rice-a-roni. My meal had to be one of the worst meals I have ever had and overpaid. Just average overpriced "caribbean food".