“Awful!!!”
Review of Calypso Joe's Caribbean Grille - CLOSED

Calypso Joe's Caribbean Grille
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Water front dining, live music nightly, great new menu with 9 new items. Superior food quality with many tasty choices. Kids rides, ring toss and crab races nightly. Fresh seafood, steaks, burgers, poboys, salads & kids meals.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Awful awful awful. I will never eat hear again!!!!!! The management was so rude. When I told the man my food was cold and the service was awful he told just don't come back.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Beautiful elegant setting right on the water at the marina. We had the tuna steak, which was literally the thickness of a piece of beef and perfectly cooked. The Cuban nachos were amazing, and the Cancun Grille was the best piece of fish I think I've ever had. It is served up with a side of plantains, black beans and rice. A full bar with a variety of vacation style cocktails rounded out a beautiful evening under the lights of the marina complete with the sound of water lapping at the pier. The staff was friendly and in mid-October you can pick the best spot in the place. Our tab for 3 people with drinks ran about a hundred bucks but it was a memorable meal with great ambiance for our last night of a fall break vacation.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Like a previous review, I too was fooled by the advertisement and the look of the atmosphere. Thought we would try something different since it is advertised as a "Carribean Grille". Restaurant was hard to find at night. We ordered the conch fritters for an appetizer and it was good. Only had 5 fritters that were the size of a hush puppy (overpriced), which would be enough for maybe 2 people. We ordered the fish in a tin, fresh catch of the day (Mahi Mahi), and kids ordered fried shrimp, fish, and a cheeseburger. I have to say everyone's meals were average except mine, the fish in a tin. It was no more than a fish wrapped in aluminum foil with a few seasoning and a couple of chunks of pineapple. The fish tasted very average...nothing special. The sides were absolutely terrible. My yellow rice was cold and hard and the vegetables had no taste except for the peppers, which tasted like left over burnt grease. My husband described my rice as tasting like cold rice-a-roni. My meal had to be one of the worst meals I have ever had and overpaid. Just average overpriced "caribbean food".

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Good food (shrimp and grits for me), very good service, excellent atmosphere. Highly recommend Calypso Joe's.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Among the best places we ate on a recent week long vacation. Service was terrific and our server was extremely knowledgable and helpful.