“Taste of New Orleans in Orange Beach”

Cafe Beignets of Alabama
Ranked #29 of 135 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Monahans, Texas
“Taste of New Orleans in Orange Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

My wife and I were skeptical when we read the other reviews. No way the beignets could be good as New Orleans bur we were pleasantly surprised. The beignets were large and delicious! The owner/manager was very pleasant. Our only regret is that they close at noon but that's the benefit of being an owner and living in a beautiful place like Orange Beach that you want to enjoy!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Charles I

Lubbock, Texas
“An Adequate Place for Breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Cafe Beignets is a an adequate place for breakfast in Orange Beach. It is in a convenient location near the beach front highway. The beignets are okay and quite large. An order of three will be enough for two if they are not really hungry. There is not much atmosphere, and you need to have cash. I don't think they take credit cards.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank WestTexastraveller17
“Rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Called at about 1140 am and tried to place an order. A man answered
Conversation went as follows
Me: I'd like to place an order
Man: we are already closed
Me: thought you closed at noon
Man: noon-ish sorry your out of luck
*click*
So I called back to ask for manager name and was told by young lady who answered phone "that was the manager"

Evidently she knew he was rude to me because I never mentioned I just called.

There is no reason to be rude. I work in the hospitality industry and would have been apologetic if we were closed or had even ran out of product but this guy just told me I was out of luck and hung up on me. Totally unacceptable by anyone in the service industry let alone a manager.

Someone should teach this guy some manners. I hate to see how rude the staff is if the manager sets an example like that in front of them.

On another note I called the one down in gulf shores and spoke to their manager and he was very courteous and apologetic about the whole situation. Explained they may have run out of product but tgere was no excuse for them to be rude about it. If the other manager would have explained it like that I would have had no problem but he was rude for no reason.

Michigan
“Wonderful - Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Perfect - Hot and Yummy!
I like them filled and covered with Chocolate and Powered Sugar.....

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank TravelerGe3
“Tasty and fresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

Very good. Beignets were hot and fresh. Best to get them to go and eat them outside- the inside is pretty plain and boring. Coffee was good- nothing too exciting. Got charged 2$ for a can of coke which was a rip off but overall a fun treat.