“Great fresh seafood, great service”

Gulf Shores Steamer
Ranked #18 of 146 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We had great service at this restaurant. I ordered the 1/2# reds and 2 crab clusters. I was very happy with the way everything was cooked and it all tasted delicious. I enjoyed the Bloody Mary I drank and thought the prices were reasonable for vacation.

The restaurant was clean and they had salt scrub in the ladies bathroom. There are places to sit outside and enjoy the water.

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

This was seriously the best seafood I have ever had. We ordered a combo steam pot with royal reds and crab legs. I can usually either take or leave most seafood but this was absolutely delicious very reasonably priced and service was awesome too. Highly recommend

1  Thank emstravels84
Reviewed August 14, 2014

The service was quick and professional. I ordered the Royal Reds which came with a half ear of corn and two new potatoes. My wife had shrimp salad. The table had several types of hot sauce and a squirt bottle filled with cocktail sauce. The Royal Reds were far too salty. After the meal, a finger bowl was brought to the table so you could clean up after the peel and eat.

Because of the crowd we were seated in the bar where a couple of guys were over the line.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We decided to grab a bite there since they advertised Royal Reds, which we had never had before. When we got there we were told all the Royals went to Japan and were to expensive to buy locally. We were disappointed, but we ordered gulf shrimp, one pound each. The shrimp were good for my son who enjoyed most of mine as well as his. Unfortunately they were cooked in Old Bay, and not advertised that way. I don't like Old Bay, and a s a result did not enjoy my dinner much. A little more information would have been helpful when ordering. The high point of our visit was the friendliness of our server.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Our group ordered the Ocean Steamer for 6. It includes snow crab, shrimp, muscles, oysters, corn, amd new potatoes for 6.

The quality was great and I felt $85 for the platter was a good value for fresh seafood. We had 7, but the 6 person platter stuffed everyone.

Our service was great, but I noticed the hostess ignored a group and they left the restaurant before being seated.