“Good food. Will go back”

Gulf Shores Steamer
Ranked #24 of 150 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Despite the "ok" reviews, we tried this place. Crab cakes, kid shrimp, and boiled shrimp and snow crab legs were awesome. The kids steamed shrimp had so much flavor that I would order it for myself. I have 3 boys that are "okay" eaters and they lived their shrimp. We all ate every bite of food.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband wanted crab legs which I will start by saying that he ordered twice and liked both times. They were served with boiled potatoes and corn. These had no seasoning and were very bland. I am not a fan of steamed seafood. This is what the majority of the menu consist of. I guess the name should be a hint. I ordered a cup of seafood gumbo and a cup of jambalaya. The gumbo was awful, very little seafood, in fact just a couple of tiny "pieces" of shrimp with no other seafood to be found. There was some sort of tomato sauce in it which does not go in gumbo. I am from Louisiana so know gumbo. The jambalaya was a joke. Awful. It looked just like the gumbo and had to be eaten with a spoon. I honestly have never had anything so poor in a restaurant. On the second trip I tried the crab and corn chowder. Once again, a huge disappointment. A cream base with no flavor.a few pieces of corn and non existent crab. If steamed seafood is your thing and you stick to just that, this might be your place. The other items should not be served to anyone.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Every trip to the Ala Gulf Coast MUST include a meal at the Gulf Shores Steamer in SanRoc Cay! Today's meal was excellant as always! The steamed Royal Reds, Crab Legs, Muscles, and Oysters are as good as I've ever eaten :)

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Great steamed seafood. Royal Reds (a type of shrimp) are amazingly good. They have a few different sized sampler plates based on number of people in the group that are a good valued based on the amount of food you receive.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Nothing fried. A change from all the artery clogging fats.
Just seafood at its best. Good food. Good service.
Good place to eat.