“Heavenly veal!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I ate at Franco's last Saturday night for the first time and it will definitely not be the last. We started out ordering wine and I have to say that their wine list is very comprehensive for a casual dining venue. We both ended up ordering veal dishes...I had Veal Portabello and my husband ordered the Veal Piccata. First we started with their unlimited salad bowl and the most warm, tender, and fluffy dinner rolls...so good I ate two which is unheard of for me! The Italian dressing on the salad was light and didn't overwhelm the crisp veggies in the salad. But the star of the show was the Veal Portabello...very tender pieces of veal served on linguine with portabello mushrooms and a rich wine (?) sauce...delicious! The Veal Piccata was also very good...I'm not a big fan of piccata but the veal was tasty. We were both too full to even consider dessert even though the cannoli was calling to me...maybe next time. And there will definitely be a next time because I have my eye on the Seafood Fettucine and my husband lives for lasagna so he wants to try Franco's. Great place...great service!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Great food, great price. 5 of us ate for less than $47. Free bread, great salad. Huge portions, and unlike other places where you need to search for the sea food, the shrimp and scallops were huge. Some of the best pizza I ever had. I really missed the lobster ravioli, had it there once and never forgot about it.

1  Thank Cory W
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was our second time at Franco's. The house salad was very good, well above average. My wife had veal picatta which she said she enjoyed, but she'd rather have my homemade veal picatta. I had a veggie pizza on a thin crust. If you like super thin crusts (like me) then this is the place for you. I thoroughly enjoyed the pizza.

Franco's atmosphere is typical for a family-oriented italian restaurant. Expect families with kids and plenty of tourists.

Service was knowledgeable, helpful and efficient.

2  Thank FairhopeFred
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had read some great reviews of Francos and since it was right across the street from our condo, we walked over for dinner. It was mid-week around 8:00pm and the place was empty. Two other parties came in while we were there. With so few people, you would think the service would have been fantastic. It wasn't....we had to ask for tea and water refills. Then we had to go to the front and ask for our check. The food itself was just average, if that. I went in expecting good Italian food and left feeling really let down. They seem to get really good reviews, so maybe we were just there on an off night but I won't be trying them again.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have eaten here at least once on every trip to the beach. The food has always been good no matter what we have ordered. The majority of the dishes combine seafood with Italian . The atmosphere is pleasing, the service efficient and the prices good. They have a full bar with a wide variety of specialty cocktails . I would include this on your list of places to eat while in the area.