“Can't beat this place for oysters and gumbo”

Doc's Seafood Shack and Oyster Bar
Ranked #9 of 146 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: Tantalize your taste buds with a taste of the Gulf Coast from Doc's Seafood Shack & Oyster Bar - Seafood Menu. Try one of our two locations in either Orange Beach or Gulf Shores featuring fresh seafood, and generous seafood platter portions. Offering tasty entrees, including, freshly cooked seafood, Doc's world famous fried shrimp, seafood platters, fried fish, seafood gumbo, raw oysters, chicken fingers, onion rings, cold draft beer and big ol' deep water royal red shrimp, plus more.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Oysters on the half shell were large and tasty. The seafood gumbo was very good with more gumbo than rice. Fried chicken on the lunch was also very good. Will be back often.

There are newer reviews for Doc's Seafood Shack and Oyster Bar

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Had dinner at Doc's seafood one night and ordered soft shelled crab that was overbattered and overcooked. When I told the manager Cindy she offered me a free meal on my next visit to make up for it. Went back 2 days later and she did indeed comp my meal. I ordered the broiled seafood platter with the gumbo and everything was quite good. I got the red potato and corn for sides instead of the fries & fried stuff, since that might not be their strong suit. I'm very impressed with the manager who was willing to make good on a situation and left me with a good feeling about this place. Would visit again next time I'm in O.B.

1  Thank Ladyoni
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Family of five. $100 for dinner, including 4 desserts and drinks. Our very first dinner stop and I was very disappointed. I ordered the Seafood Platter, touted as an item over-flowing with food. Average to below average portions, fried okra way overdone and red potatoes looked a fright. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it because my husband, not a seafood aficionado, was enjoying his food and our teens were enjoying their burgers, chicken tenders and chicken wings. I did see them serve another gentleman a heaping plate of food. I asked the waitress what he had ordered, the same thing I had. HUGE huge difference in our plates. The freshest item on my plate was the oysters. The shrimp was fair to good and the fish was over cooked. Would not go back. The key lime pie is very very good though.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Would not go back. Food was just decent. You don't get much for the price. I ate better for cheaper at other places. The waitress was very cranky and gave bad service. She was very rude.

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I ate here with my wife and two small boys while on vacation. I had the exact same experience as the reviewer from Rome, GA. I ordered the Big'un plate of 12 fried shrimp for $17. I got a huge plate of fries and about 6 decent shrimp and the rest were the size of my fingernail.

My 6 year old ordered popcorn shrimp kids meal and got more food than I did! I complained to the waitress and she said she thought they were too small too. She brought me some some more shrimp that we're not the size of my fingernail.

Overall the service was good and the food came out quick. Just beware of ordering their fried shrimp.