“Doc's-Wonderful Seafood/Outstanding Staff”

Doc's Seafood Shack and Oyster Bar
Ranked #9 of 144 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Tantalize your taste buds with a taste of the Gulf Coast from Doc's Seafood Shack & Oyster Bar - Seafood Menu. Try one of our two locations in either Orange Beach or Gulf Shores featuring fresh seafood, and generous seafood platter portions. Offering tasty entrees, including, freshly cooked seafood, Doc's world famous fried shrimp, seafood platters, fried fish, seafood gumbo, raw oysters, chicken fingers, onion rings, cold draft beer and big ol' deep water royal red shrimp, plus more.
Huntsville, Alabama
“Doc's-Wonderful Seafood/Outstanding Staff”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We tried to eat here here last year, but we're dismayed by the crowd. This year was different. We arrived about 7:00pm and found quick parking spot, walked in and were seated immediately. Our waitress took our drink orders. She was very pleasant. When she came back with our drinks, I asked how the half shell oysters were. She replied very good at the moment. So I ordered a half dozen. She pointed out the best deal really was the full dozen, so I bit and went with the full order. I was not disappointed. She was so very correct.

The oysters were really great. Just right size, meaty and clean tasting. Great start! My wife went with the shrimp combo, grilled and fried. This was again another recommendation by our server. I went with the fried fish plate, all you can eat for $12.95. Lord I wish I had two stomachs. Perfectly fried fish, with creamy cole slaw,fries and hush puppies. All prepared perfectly with just blend of flavors. Not heavily fried. I just could not order more fish. The original portion more than satisfied all my hunger.

My wife really loved her dinner. Again, the fried shrimp was done lightly and with a superb blend of flavors. The grilled was such a perfect compliment.

Our 10yo simply had fries and was delighted when our server, Renee, suggested he put a straw in the pitcher of his drink. She became his favorite person!

Each of the staff we had contact with was just super pleasant. They left no doubt that they were eager to give us the best dinner experience possible. Renee was obviously very knowledgeable and intuitive regarding the menu and making great suggestions. Could not have been taken care of any better. Quick, responsive, and charming.

We highly recommend Doc's. We WILL return before our visit is over.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Hands down good fish & chicken ”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I have to say that we figured it would be good but we really enjoyed their fried chicken, which is worth the wait and fried fish! Very cost effective and we will be stopping again before we return back home.

Whitinsville, Massachusetts, United States
“Good food..ugly atmosphere”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The food at Doc's is good...especially the fried shrimp!
The people who work there are all very friendly. You have to look past the windows, tables and floors to get to the good food. Parking can be a problem too, but if you love shrimp, it's all worth it!

• Visited October 2013
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“Late Lunch”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Very casual, comfortable place, with good gumbo, and great
Shrimp (both boiled and fried). They bring pitchers of water, or tea, to your table so you don't have to wait for refills.

Visited October 2013
Brazil, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“2013”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Smelled musty when we walked in but was clean. Great food. Onion rings were awesome. We will go back on next business.

• Visited September 2013