“Best fried shrimp sandwich”

Doc's Seafood Shack and Oyster Bar
Ranked #8 of 146 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Tantalize your taste buds with a taste of the Gulf Coast from Doc's Seafood Shack & Oyster Bar - Seafood Menu. Try one of our two locations in either Orange Beach or Gulf Shores featuring fresh seafood, and generous seafood platter portions. Offering tasty entrees, including, freshly cooked seafood, Doc's world famous fried shrimp, seafood platters, fried fish, seafood gumbo, raw oysters, chicken fingers, onion rings, cold draft beer and big ol' deep water royal red shrimp, plus more.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stopped in for lunch and were not disappointed. The shrimp loafs were great. More than what we could eat. The servers were friendly and attentive. There were several "locals" in there at the time, but as tourists we fit right in. Nothing fancy, but plenty of good food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,455)

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Wife I stopped here on our way to the culture center for lunch ! By far the best food we had the on our week here. While my wife and I both had the shimp we found them large and cooked to perfection . The fries were also cook nicley with a nice flavor. The wait staff were very friendly and treated everyone like family. Prices very reasonable. Make it a point to try it on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

They say by the front door, best shrimp around. They are correct. The fried shrimp are to die for and they are large shrimp.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We went to Docs seafood 2 weeks ago for lunch, the food was great and cheap, I had the gumbo and it was the best I ever had , my wife had the shrimp and she said it was very good, and of course we both had the raw oysters and they were very good also , we highly recommend this place.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

the oysters were the best I have ever had and plenty of them . My friend had the crab claws. we shared and they too were great. Prices compare to other seafood restaurants. They had a lunch special which my other friend had . An abundant amount of food. Waitress very friendly