“Mixed experiences”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed February 28, 2013

While staying in Gulf Shore we stopped by Live Bait three times. Our party of four had a great experience with an attentive waiter and great food. We were impressed! Enough so that a few days later we stopped by again in the afternoon with a party of 8 and had different experience with a different waiter. Although the place was not busy the waiter was slow in getting the food to us and did not bring salad for one person who should have had it with his meal. Not good not bad. Last night we again stopped by and this time the service was horrible. The waiter didn't bring the salads until asked to bring them and when he did he was short one and appeared surprised by that.......apparently he didn't know what comes with each menu item. He mentioned that it would be 20 minutes to get the food and something about being so short handed. That's when the members of our group had to then ask for their salads.......so he went and got them. Lo and behold right after he brings them he comes back with a tray with our dinners on it. The food was lukewarm to cool. We asked for doggie bags as the taste of the food was good although the temperature was not and he was informed of this and just left the table with no comment. When it came to paying the bill one person was charged for an extra salad and when this was pointed out to him he argued we were left to convinced him that although she asked for ranch dressing for some chicken tenders she should not have been charged for a salad. Guess one should be sure to check your ticket for extra charges. I'm not sure we will be going back as there are so many great places to eat in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We ate at Live Bait after the Mardi Gras parade. I have wanted to try a shrimp po' boy forever and finally had it tonight on our first trip to Orange Beach. The shrimp was very good. I did not eat the bread, just not my thing, so I might as well have ordered a shrimp plate. Mr. Had fried cod and he said it was very good. His plate came with slaw. He doesn't care for slaw, but I do. I ate it and it was some of the best that I have ever had. Yummy stuff, sweet and creamy. The service was fast, our drinks were refilled. It's not fancy, but neither are we. It appeared clean and friendly and it hit the spot. I would go back again and I just might this week before going back home. The daily lunch specials sound good and the prices are reasonable.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Pricey for the food you get & forget decor & atmosphere. It's beach as a bar & grill for the under 30 crowd. Live music on weekends.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had a couple of drinks and the Greek nachos that included fried wontons, crawfish, shrimp and crab. Staff was very friendly including the bar staff and the manager who sat and talked with us for quite a while. People could not have been friendlier and for me, that makes all the difference!

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice time there last night. Service was great and the food was solid to good. Convienient to Phoenix v.