“LOVED PHOENIX III........LIKE ALWAYS!”

Phoenix Condominiums
Reviewed April 14, 2007

First off....one review stated not to stay at the Phoenix I, II, or III if you wanted a clean room. Not so. Phoenix I & II possibly.
For the past 5 years I have stayed at Phoenix III with my daughter and my husband. I thought I would try a newer Phoenix to see if it was nicer. It wasn't. Just cost more. We went back to III. The condo is nice, it's always clean and the staff if always friendly. The pool is wonderful too. I recommend staying at III. We are going back again this year. Highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2006
3  Thank burnsfamilytravel
There are newer reviews for Phoenix Condominiums

Reviewed March 7, 2007

We stay at the Pheonix V every year in May for a Womens Trip, and we love it. We have never had any trouble. It also has one of the most beautiful lobbies of them all. It is vey close to the beach, great for kids.

We also stay at the Pheonix IV in the summer. We loved the ground floor condo and we did have one problem. A water line burst in our room flooding the whole condo but they quickly fixed it and gave us a few nights free so all was well. We will returning again this year.

Stayed: May 2006
Reviewed October 7, 2006

My mom, my 2 sisters, my daughter, my grandson and I have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Phoenix ll. We were really impressed with the unit we were in. It was clean, nicely decorated and spacious. I would definately stay there again. The only negative thing I found was the spacing between the balcony rails. It would be very easy for a small child to fall through them.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank janda005
Reviewed September 3, 2006

we loved the phoenix east. it was so nice!!! we will be back next year.

Stayed: May 2006
Reviewed August 14, 2006

First of all I will start by giving you a little background on our family and our stay...
My husband (31), Children (Ages 4 & 6), and I went down from Wed - Sunday with my parents for a quick trip before school started.
I must tell you before I start my ranting that I have heard great things about the Pheonix. The room/facility that I am talking about is the Pheonix II & room# 2113 (their are 1-10 with an East & West Location).
Upon entering the room (we were the first to arrive) we were greated with the most horrific smell. It was a stinch of some sort but undescribable -
We looked down and notice that the carpet was nasty.
Now don't get me wrong - I would expect that it is very difficult to keep the carpet clean in a beach side condo - however, these carpets weren't just dirty - they were Nasty!!!
Already with a huge dissappointment for the room - My husband and I go to lay down on the bed for a quick rest before heading to the beach...
The bed is Broken......the box springs were broken, the railing was broken...and as you sat down, you would sink to the middle of the bed.
After one extemely uncomfortable night of sleeping we called the front desk the next day to complain. We asked to be moved & they said that they didn't have anything available.
Now here is what gets me....
Brett Robinson owns all the Pheonix hotels...(Pheonix 1 - Pheonix 10)....You can not tell me that there was not another room in all of Orange Beach they could have given us.
It was almost like our complaint was not taken seriously.
At this point - looking back we should have just packed our bags and left...However, we didn't b/c of the kids and the trouble it would be to switch hotels.
Other than the complaints above - everything else was nice.
The pools for each hotel are very nice and very convient to the beach.
We did have problems with groups staying out at the pool and partying all night. There was not a front desk @ the P2 so their wasn't any security to ask them to quite down.
This particular group had their music blasting till about 1am or later.

Let me just leave each of you with this...
If you are looking for a beach front condo for a reasonable price - but don't care too much about the acutal inside of the room - Pheonix 1 - 3 could be for you...
However, if you are like me and enjoy having a clean & nice room, you might opt to stay in some the newer condos (Pheonix 5-10).

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
8  Thank Luckymomof2
Reviewed June 17, 2006

Just got back from Phoenix 5. I had been on this website to figure out where to go. So here is my review. First, there are a million Phoenix sites. I was leaning towards the All-Suites, but now I'm glad I didn't. it looked very small from the outside and its right next to a public beach. We chose #5. 1-5 are all in a row in orange beach, 5 minutes from gulf shores. They are all high rise towers. I was impressed with check in, and the safe and secure parking. Each person is given a spot. we were located in the underdeck to which you have to have a code to get in.
Condo- Our condo was just like a regular condo, bed, bath, den, kitchen, dining area, patio. we stayed in a 1 bed. nothing fancy about it. no maid service. they have a washer/dryer, ironing board, dishwasher, fridge, micro, stove/oven. it was just like home. they had plates and cups and cooking stuff. ** side note ** we stopped in foley (25 min before GS at walmart to get food, winn dixie in GS has upped the prices.

Cleaninless- this is where i was dissappointed. When we arrived, the previous guests info was still on the counter under the phone. and there were cigarette butts in the sink. i know the maid only comes after each guest but i'm not quite sure how she missed that!! unelss she didn't do a good job cleaning. we called the front desk to have them clean it and they replied promptly so that was good. i'm sure it was a rare incident, but it wasn't welcoming!

Stuff at the condo- a pool, a kiddie pool with a fountain, indoor pool, several hot tubs, tennis courts, raquet ball, grills, THE BEACH!!, no bar or food place by the pool, they do set up a sno cone place ($3) by the pool. at the beach there is a volleyball net. they also rent chairs, cushions, and umbrellas for $25 a day. i did that once and one other time i just laid on a towel. its' worth the $25 b/c sand gets everywhere!!

Stuff at GS- went and played putt putt at Adventure Island, its across the street. Ate at LuLu's (very good) at the marina. very fun atmosphere. went on a sunset sail. went to bellingrath gardens in theodore, AL- went to foley for the outlet malls. there is a new shopping center in spanish fort, right outside mobile, that is beautiful and has higher class stores, i beleive it was called eastern shores.

Overall- overall it was a great trip. it was just me and my hubby, it wasn't very romantic though. GS is a famiy place i think. lots of families and kids. Phoenix was very crowded with families and teens. if you want more of a resort this is not your place. no mint on the pillow type place. but for the price i think it was quite nice.

• Stayed: June 2006
22  Thank pokeybear
A TripAdvisor Member
Baton Rouge, La.
Reviewed June 15, 2006

My family has visited the Phoenix Condos in Orange Beach, Alabama every summer for the past 8 years and always have a wonderful time. We just came back from a 4 night stay at Phoenix 3 and would like to warn parents with young children of a potentially dangerous situation. Upon arriving in our room, I always move the balcony furniture away from the balcony to make sure the children do not try and climb on it and accidently fall over (our children are 11,7, and 2 1/2). Last summer when we arrived with our 1 1/2 year old we tried to see if her head could fit through the railing (it could, if turned sideways). This year I thought she would be too big and didn't think to do it. My 11 year old and 2 year old were on the balcony, my husband and I were in the kitchen, when we heard our 11 yr. old scream for help. We ran out to the balcony and our 2 yr. old was completely on the outside of the balcony; she had squeezed her body through the railing and was holding on with her right arm still on the inside of the balcony. I am looking into contacting someone about having a warning placed in each room so that parents with small children can be warned. We were told that the condo was "grandfathered" in and didn't have to adhere to newer, stricter guidelines.

• Stayed: June 2006