“P2-2033”

Phoenix Condominiums
Winnfield, Louisiana
“P2-2033”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Room was not clean. Only 2 burners of the stove worked and the third one was too dirty to use. Dryer did not dry very good at all and made loud shrill sound when in use.

Salt scattered on the table ( had not been wiped off) hair on bathroom floor and dust. It needed to be cleaned and updated. Mirrors on the wall , old wall paper, etc.

1 Thank Kathleen G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Booked a georgeous room at pheonix. Arrived, paid, and went to the room. Not the one I booked, a dumpy condo well used. Brett Robinson advised that the one I booked was taken off the market after I booked. No call, e-mail, etc to see if I wanted to cancell or pick a new condo. That waited till they got my money to tell me of the cancellation. The old bait and switch. But the staff here was nice and very professional. Don't let this stop you from visiting the pheonix series of condos. They are great. I'm just upset over the tactics of Brett Robinson reality. I book 20 to 30 vacations a year through my company for employees. The buck, literally, stops here.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Cajun16
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had the opportunity to book a 1 bedroom condo in Ph. VIII on the 'quick' on the busiest week of all time- week leading Into July 4.
We lucked INTO a super sweet condo on the 9th floor. I loved the fact that we pulled right up curbside, had many carts to choose from (we hit the Publix before arriving) & scuttled our belongings righ tip the elevator. This Phoenix is much smaller than the others -& I really like that its in Orange Beach.
With only 6 units per floor- our stay was quiet even on a crowded week slot. We had views from our master bedroom of the Bay (which was gorgeous) & an incredible ocean view from the moment we opened our unit door throughout the remaining space. Our condo was EXTREMELY well appointed, including a leather recliner & current higher end furnishings. The kitchen was stocked beyond ,my imagination & I'm a culinary queen! (:
The owners even provided puzzles in a drawer as well as a shelf of current reading selections. The balconies are oversized & ours looked directly Down into the pool/hot tub areas.
The staff @ the desk were polite but not intrusive & it was sweet to find an indoor pool/ a sauna I. Each of the lobby shower/Bath facilities.
The walk to the beach was minimal & we had our lovely cabana awaiting us daily right @ the end of the dock (we paid extra for the week).
Did I mention that at dusk/nightfall we enjoyed watching the dolphins play right along the shoreline from our balcony seats?
Relaxing, refreshing...sans kiddos it was a wonderful getaway. The Phoenix does the extra details we appreciate; such as nightly combing the soft, white sand to keep it fresh, even with revelers popping off illegal fireworks.
We will return again to Ph VIII & the terrific unit 8905. It's location is central to everything & it's nice not having to wait for elevators or feeling like you are one of 400 on holiday in one claustrophobic building.

Room Tip: The higher floors are better for noise blocking & dolphin viewing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Khmergirl
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed July 19, 2013

It was our first time to travel to Orange Beach and to stay at the Phoenix 3. We rented a one bedroom p3035 and it was an excellent home away from home stay. The staff at Brett Robinson made our reservation easy and even helped us extend our trip when we asked. The condo was clean and well stocked with everything you could possibly need. The view was outstanding and my kids had a wonderful time. The staff on site was polite and very accommodating. I highly recommend this condo and this company for anyone wanting to stay in the Orange Beach Area.

Room Tip: Recommend P3035
1 Thank Jeanine C
Idalou, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We are just leaving Orange Beach after a four day vacation and it was great! We stayed in Phoenix I and rented a one bed/one bath condo. It was perfect. The condo was comfortable, clean and well kept. Plenty of dishes, cookware, silver ware, etc. Appliances worked well also. The kids spent tons of time at the pool and hot tubs (we always had pool chairs). We enjoyed tennis and racquet ball anytime we desired. The staff is friendly and helpful. In fact, one front desk attendant recommended a particular dolphin cruise and it was excellent!

Lafayette ,LA
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Phoenix VIII is great for families who don't want to jockey for elevators, pool chairs, or beach umbrellas. This complex holds only 6 units per floor, so you feel like you have the whole place to yourself! Like all Phoenix properties, staff is friendly & accommodations are great. We rented a 1-bedroom which had plenty of room for us & our grandchild. Beach was beautiful ,& water was great! Did I also note that you always have a great view of beach from balcony?!

Room Tip: Great thing about Brett- Robinson website is you can pick the complex & individual unit you want...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Memphis
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We just returned from a family vacation to Orange Beach and will definitely not be back to that area. We usually stay along the Beaches of 30A- Seaside, Seagrove, etc but wanted to stay a little closer this time. Next time, I will definitely drive the extra hour for better accommodations.

We booked the Phoenix X Unit 1117 through Brett Robinson. While the unit itself offered a great location with a wrap around balcony, it was filthy dirty. When we checked in there were water bottles all over the unit, the bathrooms were not clean and the carpet was soiled and dirty. We used an entire container of Clorox wipes to clean the layer of filth off the kitchen counter tops and table. The fridge was filthy as were all the pots and pans. Several outside chairs were broken and a huge slab of marble was on the balcony.

The complex itself does offer a lot for kids- tennis, shuffle board and racquetball, but the entire complex is dated and in need of renovations. I expressed my concerns to the front desk manager and asked for at least the marble and broken furniture to be removed as we had small children with us and I did not want them to get hurt. All the manager said was all I can say is I'm sorry.

Sadly, it was the only time I was ready to leave the beach to get back home. For the price you pay to stay here it's worth the extra drive to go to 30-A and rent with ResortQuest.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family