“Sunset Cruise- The Best Money Spent On Our Vacation!”
Review of Sail The Daedalus

Sail The Daedalus
Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Sunset Cruise- The Best Money Spent On Our Vacation!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I did a sunset cruise and we both agreed that it was well worth the $50 per person. The level of intimacy on this cruise is something that you can't get on other cruises that pack in so many passengers that you can't move. They exist! We saw other yachts filled with people in the same marina, and it wasn't something I was interested in. There were only 14 people on our sail boat cruise. Included in the price was wine, soft drinks, water and snacks. You can bring your own cooler of any beverages you would like as well. We sailed for 3 hours. Captain BJ LOVES taking pictures, so you better have your camera ready. He won't just take 1 or 2. He will take as many as you like. I don't think I even asked him to take our pictures. He just offered.
Captain BJ is very personable. He will educate you on the history of the boat, the area, and the wildlife. He knows so much about the dolphins that surround the area as well. We saw many of them. My husband and I are already talking about doing the snorkeling cruise that the Daedalus offers when we go back to the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Way to End Our Vacation”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We usually take a sunset sail on the last night of our vacation and this was one of the best ever. First, it was great to find a boat that would carry our whole party (15). Then Captain BJ and first mate Kevin were both excellent. We had 8 kids with us and BJ and Kevin were great about explaining the boat and safety to them and making sure they had fun. Truly a great experience.

Visited July 2013
“Laid back sail in the bay”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Capt BJ and his first mate Ryan were very accommodating and the boat was clean. They took us on a sunset cruise around the bay and we did a little shrimping while watching the sun go down.

Poteau
“Barefootin fun”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We took a swimming sail on the Daedalus while in Orange Beach this time, loved it. We did the sunset cruise on the 4th of July two years ago, which was the first time I got my wife on a sail boat. We simply love sailing on the Daedalus with Capt. BJ. On this trip he even let this novice sailor take the helm and bring it back to the Harbor. Captain BJ told me he just picked up a new shrimp net from Bayou La Batre to do some shrimp trawling for his guest aboard the boat. If you get a chance take a cruise with The Daedalus crew you won't be disappointed, plus it's a bargain for the price.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing Sunset sailing cruise”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a party of 6 for the sunset trip. We had fun getting dressed nicely for photos. The cruise was perfect! Nice breeze, gorgeous sights and peaceful sailing! They provided beverages and light snacks. We found the captain of the vessel to be very interesting with his stories, and he was happy to help with the photo taking :) We had a few other couples on board as well, and we enjoyed their company too. Three hours flew by, I, we would do it again tomorrow if we were near by! I would highly recommend the Daedalus, it was a perfect sunset sail !! Thank you so very much!