“Genuine people, great value!”

Blue Dolphin Cruises
Ranked #7 of 94 Tours in Orange Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Genuine people, great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

There are a million dolphin cruises to choose from in the area. I can't speak for the others, but this one was great. Very nice people, lots of local flavor and knowledge and we saw many dolphins! This is the first time I felt compelled to post a review on tripadvisor. Highly recommended.

Gulf Shores, Alabama, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful afternoon! Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I highly recommend booking a cruise on Blue Dolphin Cruises! Captain Bubba and his mate were very accommodating and professional. We found dolphins within ten minutes of leaving the dock and Captain Bubba was very informative about dolphins and their habits. We don't have kids but we found a "treasure chest" from a pirate ship that had run aground. The kids aboard really enjoyed that. This was a great way to spend a couple of hours!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank John R
Melbourne, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Granny and the bottle noses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

The crew was very accommodating for my 85 year old mother. Capt. Bubba was very informative. Never knew that dolphins had two brains.....and much more. Saw dolphins swimming and ogled the beautiful gulf side mansions.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Amy L
Theodore, Alabama, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Sunset Cruise, very fun experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We chose this cruise for the pirate adventure for my 7 year old grandson and we were not disappointed. We went on the sunset cruise which was a beautiful time of day on the water. I liked the pontoon style boat because we were close to the water and had a great view of the dolphins. It was a very pleasant boat ride and Captain Bubba was very informative, making various comments throughout the cruise. Towards the end of the cruise we found pirate treasure in the water. I think my grandson thought it was real pirate treasure because he carried his little bag of treasure around the rest of our vacation. I would reccomend this cruise to anyone but especially those with small children.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank VCST
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Sunday evening cruise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

My first word of advise is to not expect a lot. We booked a 3pm cruise and was told to be there by 2:30. So we arrived at 2:15. Be aware this business does not have any type building beside a small 5x10 trailer that has had its axle taken off and placed on the ground. You are permitted to board the boat around 15 minutes before departure. Other that that you can wait in you vehicle or stand around in a gravel parking lot. The boat ride was ok. We did see about 4 dolphins but not leaping out of the water but only surfacing in murky water at a distance of 20 yards or better. They do have a pirate theme for the kids but little interaction. They don't give out the pirate hats as shown on their website but instead a pirate handkerchief and eye patch. Drinks are available on board. Can drinks are a dollar and small bags of chips are a dollar. Last of all be aware alcohol is served on board. This trip wasn't what we expected and in my opinion it's not really a family oriented business.

2 Thank Broncobait