“Like going to eat with family”
Review of Duck's Diner

Duck's Diner
Ranked #37 of 142 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
South Union, Kentucky
“Like going to eat with family”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Eating at Ducks was like going to eat with family! When walked in we were greeted very warmly. Our server was very kind and patient. The menu was good. Lots of southern goodies! Everything we ordered was delicious!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TravelingOsbornes

Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brunching in Orange”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We got in late the night before and had not had a chance to get breakfast stuff so we decided to go out for breakfast and it turned out to be a good move. Looking at reviews we decided to give Duck's a try even though it was likely it would be crowded. When we got there people were lined up outside waiting. The hostess told us 25 minutes which was more like 40 by the time we were seated. Another downside was the time it took to get the meal. It was extreme but it certainly took at least 20-30 minutes. The final negative comment was that our bill was 40 bucks for 3 people which included a child. This is too much for breakfast.

The food was good two of us had pancakes (blueberry and chocolate chip). The texture was almost perfect and they had good flavor. We easily could have easily made do with one or two (which they did offer as an option so lesson learned). They also do not offer a platter with sides with the specialty pancakes which is wrong. The last little picky note is they offer prepacked syrups with the pancakes. A restaurant of this caliber should give some thought to their syrups (the devil is in the details). My wife had the omlette with spinach tomatoes and feta she raved about it. The texture looked perfect and she was very happy with it. I am not sure she liked it as much a she said since she offered me a bite. Truly great food is rarely shared. Overall I am glad we went. The food was good and the restaurant itself is pretty neat. With the price and the time it took we might look at alternatives for our next breakfast though.

• Visited August 2013
Spanish Fort, Alabama
“Very good breakfast in Orange Beach”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We tried Duck's for breakfast on our way out of town. I wish we had discovered it sooner. The breakfast selection was excellent and everything that we had was very good. This is absolutely my new go to place for breakfast when we are in the area.

Visited July 2013
Waynesboro, MS
“Great Surprise!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were leaving the Sportsplex which is nearby after sitting in the hot sun all morning, and wanted something similar to a Cracker Barrel lunch but the closest cracker barrel was in Foley, so we saw the Duck's Diner and decided to stop. It was a wonderful surprise. The food was good, the staff was attentive, and there was not a long wait even though it was noon. I was told they had an excellent breakfast but we never made it back for the breakfast. If you are looking for a home cooked meal, try Duck's Diner-we will definitely go back.

• Visited July 2013
Eagle Lake, Texas, United States
“Great Reuben”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

On our way to the Wharf at Orange Beach my car load was hungry. Drove by many eating spots and crowd in the car got louder. We saw Duck's Diner with a parking lot full of cars. I made a u turn in the middle of the highway and went back. Found a parking spot close to the front door. A family of 5 was leaving as we arrived. I asked them how it was. "it's great" was their reply. The place was packed but my party of 5 had a short wait. The staff was friendly, knowledgable and Reuben sandwich was one of the best I have ever eaten. The other food that was consumed at the table was Chicken Dumplings, baked chicken, and hamburger steak. Every person had very high praise for their meal.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Stan W

Been to Duck's Diner? Share your experiences!