“Unit 3502- YUK”

Seaside Beach & Racquet Club
Reviewed July 22, 2009

The complex is nice and centrally located. However, when we got there the television in the living area didn't work. A person was sent out to look at the t.v. and said he couldn't get it to work. He said he would try to get us a replacement. Never heard from him. We were told that Meyer Real Estate can't guarantee that everything works. So we payed $270 a night for 7 nights for a room with no TV. VERY BORING----- I hope that other's will read this and hopefully the management/owners will replace the t.v and stop advertising that they have one in the unit when they don't. The elevator worked about 1/2 of the time and the shower at the beach couldn't put out enough pressure to wash the sand off anything. Not sure if we would go back to this condo or even use this real estate company. They obviously just want your money and don't care about "repeat" customers. We will look else where when we go back next year.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 29, 2009

The condo was clean, with many more amenities than I've had previously on the Coast. The only complaint that I have is that there were some noisy folks one night, and there were some unrestrained children who needed some parental supervision another time or two. Otherwise, the location was convenient, and we will go back.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank litlady21
Reviewed November 20, 2008

The pictures on the realty company website did not due justice to the condo unit. We stayed at 4910, a top floor with an eastern exposure to the beach with pelicans passing by at 10:00 am each day and a return around 5pm. Our unit was newly furnished, granite counter top in the kitchen and CLEAN! Did not need a key rather had a code which can not be beat with kids. The work out room needs ventilation but we were told of the Orange Beach Rec Center on Canal where for $5. you can work out and take advantage of a great facility. This is perfect for a quiet vacation, away from party people and noise makers. We have stayed at many locations but the unit was unbelievable for the price. I think it was Bender Realty we booked through and they have specials like many other small companies.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ewmakz
Reviewed May 21, 2008

I stayed in the SeaSide Beach Resort on April 25th and 26th. The condo was supposed to have a gulf view which it did not, there was a terrible odor in the kitchen, and the bathroom door actually broke while I was in it making me late for my roommate's wedding which was the only reason I was down there in the first place. I was going to let all of this go because I hate to complain and the condo was livable for the 2 nights. But when I look at my credit card bill there is a debt for $161 more than it was supposed to be! I booked the room through Orbitz, and they gave me a rate of $105. And when I called to tell them that I had be over charged, they informed me that there was a cleaning fee of &161. There was no indication anywhere that there was a $161 cleaning fee, and what makes it even worse is I could have stayed in a hotel right on the beach, with a view, had a maid come clean everyday I was there, and still paid less.
I am beyond upset and I feel completely cheated and lied to.
This is probably a 2 or 3 star condo, and if that's want you want then go for it, but do not book through Orbitz because of the unlisted fees!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tallkidkat
Reviewed April 8, 2008

This is an older complex so it has more ROOM around it. There is a yard area and multiple pools!! the condos are spacious and we esp. like the corner ones. SOMETIMES some units are not as pretty as others in decor. GREAT VALUE and one of the best parts of our trip is that all three kids have SPACE TO ROAM in the condo, the beach and the areas around the condos. This is the only place we stay when we go to Orange Beach!!

Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank soccermom1973
Reviewed July 9, 2007

We just got back from a week long stay at Seaside Beach and Raquet Club. This was my first stay at this condo and compared to others I've stayed in, I just wasn't satisified. I've listed some of the problems we had or noticed during our stay.

1. You had to have to key to lock the condo from the inside. This
may have just been our unit.
2. One of the elevators broke down an entire day and they were
almost always very hot.
3. No bathroom at the pool area, you had to go back to the room
for that.
4. The showers as you exit the beach were hard to operate and
took some effort to get the sand off.
5. Air conditioning, dishwasher, disposal and plumbing
problems in our room. (Again....could have been isolated to
our unit).
6 Very small balcony.

The staff did seem friendly and the grounds were nicely landscaped and open, but this will be my last stay at this condo. You can easily find something better.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank DSCMAX19
Reviewed June 23, 2007

Stayed in unit 4507 (3BR) at Seaside Beach and Racquet Club June 16-23, 2007. Our family had 4 different units rented and all were nice, although some were decorated more tastefully than others. Ours was very peach! The furnishings were very "beachy" but very comfortable and the master bed, while we had some misgivings when we first sat down on it (seemed a bit over-firm), actually was very comfortable and we slept great. This unit was a corner unit with a wrap around balcony. It overlooked both the large pool and the gulf and the view was spectacular. If you're looking for the best view tho, my opinion is to pick a unit in building 3. These are direct gulf front units, although there is a small pool they overlook as well. A corner unit in Bldg. 3 would probably be the way to go, and if we return, that's what I'll try to book.

The actual property was quite nice, although older, and the units really depended on how the owners had decorated them. There are 5 buildings to this property: 1 and 2 are the tennis villas, no ocean view at all. Building 5 is the furthest back from the gulf so it is a bit further to walk down to the beach, but the property manager told me the units in that building are a bit larger and they certainly looked quite nice on line. They all have a gulf view, but they also have the least private balconies, as they are set back from buildings 3 and 4.

As for beach access, the best units are any of the corner units in building 3 or the units at the south corner of building 4. The north corner of bldg 4 is further from the beach, right next to building 5. That said, there is no elevator at the south corner of bldg 4, so we took the stairs to and from the beach each day (we were on the 5th floor). There is an elevator at the west corner of building 3 and the north corner of building 4, so if you don't like stairs, keep that in mind; you can just take the elevator in bldg 3 up walk over to any unit - buildings 3, 4, and 5 are all connected to each other via walkways so it actually wasn't all that inconvenient.

This property also has an indoor pool near the front entrance, a small gym, but with a new weight machine that was pretty nice - you could do overhead presses, chest presses, lat pull downs, seated rows, hamstring and quad work with the leg extensions, and biceps and triceps as well. There were 2 bikes but I couldn't get them to turn on to adjust resistance. There was one eliptical and 2 treadmills, and there was also a steam room and a sauna that were a nice perk.

The beach was fantastic - white, powder-soft sand and plenty of beach chairs. The beach chairs have thick cushions and rent for $100 a week for 2 connected chairs with umbrella. There's a beach guy who walks around taking care of that - cash or check only. The water was fantastic and there weren't any jellyfish, just some little pieces of some jellyfish one day after a storm; they stung just a bit and subsided very quickly. Buy or bring boogie boards if you have kids; they loved 'em. Tried going sand crabbing on the beach at night, not many crabs in this area of the beach.

The unit had a great kitchen, fully equipped, and there are about 4 or 5 grills on the property in a grassy area off the parking lot. Grocery stores right across the street (Bruno's, Wynn Dixie) with typical tourist prices. We did eat out some - expect to wait at any seafood place, no lines at Subway. Bubba's Seafood was right across the street and actually had pretty good food for the money. A good, fun place to go was Lulu's, and while we waited an hour and 20 minutes to eat (place was packed; belongs to Lucy Buffet, Jimmy's sister), the food was awesome and the wait was fun. They have a big sand pit (really, really big) for the kids to play in while you wait and a great band playing just off the waiting area. It was a bit farther, back up Hwy 59 just over the bridge, but worth it. Also a full bar with plenty of appetizers to choose from in the same area. Zeke's was good too.

Plenty of shopping, Surf Style and Souvenier City for beach stuff, but I got talked into going back into Foley to the Tanger Outlet Mall and was amazed at the prices in some, not all, of the stores. If you like Coach, DO NOT miss the Coach Factory Outlet store at this mall. Coach stuff does not go on sale at regular stores, but I got a $299 purse for $135 at this store. Made my week! They also had good prices at the Old Navy outlet, Ann Taylor, and several others. If you have daughters, skip Limited Too; not much less than regular price.

All in all, we love the gulf coast in this area of Alabama/Florida. I'd stay at Seaside again, but would try for Bldg 3. Smaller balconies, but a more dedicated gulf view without seeing all the other buildings. Also, we rented from Four Seasons Rental Company and were very impressed. We had some hot water issues, and they responded right away and fixed the problem, also replacing several light bulbs that were out.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family