“Not Happy with Bluewater”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Orange Beach
Bluewater Condominiums
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed July 6, 2006

Our family of 7, including four children under the age of 6 stayed at Bluewater over the 4th of July week. The floor of the room we stayed in was filthy. There were not enough cooking utensils to cook our meals. The sheets on the pull-out couch were dirty. Most of the appliances were old and worn. Televisions in 2 of the bedrooms did not work. We were most disappointed with this condo. Only positive thing we could find was the security and the beautiful balcony. We will not come back to Bluewater.

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed December 21, 2005

We stayed at the Bluewater for 6 years straight and I loved every year.The indoor pool and outdoor pool was great and their hot tub also. Friendly check-in people. The condo was close to everything. I would recommend your stay.

• Stayed: July 2004
2  Thank TNrebel92
Birmingham
Reviewed July 18, 2005

The first floor of the condo was an active constructio site, not safe for kids. Power cords, open construction fences, heavy equipment, elevators broke down twice. Would not stay at Bluewater until the place is finished, but I would not ever rent from Meyer Real Estate. We feel like Meyer was very misleading in what they told us before we rented and how they dealt with us after.

Stayed: July 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Birmingham
Reviewed July 18, 2005

First floor was a full blown construction site, heavy equipement, extension cords, jack hammering and trash every where.

Would not bring kids until construction was finished.

Meyer Real Estate was very misleading in what they told us and even worse when we got to the proeprty.

WOULD NOT RENT FROM MEYER.

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 13, 2004

My family (7 of us) stayed here last year in a 3 br, 2 ba, and had a terrific time. The room was clean and nicely decorated and fully equipped with more than enough supplies. The pools were great ,especially the heated indoor pool and the view from our balcony was very nice. Would definitely stay again.

3  Thank micdar
Prairieville, Louisiana
Reviewed July 27, 2004

My family - Mom, 2 sisters, 2 nephews, and one niece stayed for three nights at Bluewater. The room we stayed in was filthy! My niece picked up a used Q-tip in the livingroom, there were potato chips under the cushions of both couches, the balcony table and floor was littered with food crumbs and cigarette ashes. The broom that I used had a hair ball the size of a softball attached to it. The wires for the tv and vcr were exposed. The storage area beneath bathroom sinks were littered with trash. The vacuum cleaner did not work. After returning to the condo from visiting the waterpark, there were no parking spots available - we were told to park behind the rental company across the street. This area was dark and we had to cross the 5 lane highway at 11:30 at night to get to the condo. Security at the gate said this was a nightly occurance. There are too many nicer places to stay - go to Perdido!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tuscaloosa, AL
Reviewed June 28, 2004

My family of 2 sons and my brother's family 4 , 7 in all, enjoyed a lovey place to stay. We actually researched everything we could find on the web in order to find the best condo for us. We were not happy with the realtor - High Tide, they changed the room size from 8 to 6 and lowered the price. We were not given the discount and the room pictures were not what was actually the bed layout. Everytime I called I was given wrong information from what we actually had. The manager said the web pictures have not been changed in 2 years! Thanks for tellling us! We were expecting, 1) Queen master, 2) Double-Double, 3) Twin -Twin. One of the doubles was removed and we had to use the couch. I wont use High Tide again but I will stay at Blue Water! Meyer Realty is much..much better!

The condo is a great location between Summer House and White Caps. The condo was clean, elevators very ...slow though. The decor for our condo was very nice and well kept. GREAT walking distance to the Gulf!!!! Rental chairs no more than 10 steps from broadwalk. We would stay at Blue Water again. Also less than 1 mile from Food World and Winn Dixie. Very nice family condo setting! Tons of kids there. Let me know if you have any questions!

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member