“Awesome boat ride!”
Review of Sailaway Charters

Sailaway Charters
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Captain Skip educates and shares his love of the AL water creatures. By the end of your pontoon cruise w/ him, you'll have dolphins and pelicans and all birds coming to you for scraps. Wolf Bay is a lovely,quiet space when needing a break from the busy beaches.I didn't know such pretty boating areas were so close. Highly recommend this adventure!

CaptainSkipofOB, Owner at Sailaway Charters, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's an important way to know how your guests really feel about the cruise. I try very hard to make sure all my guests have an exceptional cruise.
Thanks.

in 11 reviews
"dolphins"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife, 8 year old son, 4 year old daughter, mother-in-law, and I went on the 2 hour nature cruise. It was great! Captain Skip was very informative and the trip was a lot of fun. Very laid back. We saw an abundance of wildlife. He also gave my son a tour of his sailboat. Good times! Thanks, Captain Skip! It was truly a pleasure!

CaptainSkipofOB, Owner at Sailaway Charters, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

I'm so glad your family had a good time on my nature cruise. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I and our 6 and 8 year old took the 1 hour shrimping trip with Skip and had a great time. Although Janet didn't go with us, we got to meet her and she was as nice as she could be, showing the children some baby birds in their yard before we headed out to sea. Skip was friendly also, and very knowledgeable about the sea life we saw. He gave the kids a list of birds and fish with pictures that they could look for during the trip and was good about making them feel very involved. When he pulled in the catch, he poured the fish into a 20 gallon aquarium onboard and gave the kids rulers so that they could scrape the fish back into the ocean that we released. We caught about 6 pounds of shrimp that we took back to the beach house and boiled to make one heck of a shrimp dip to enjoy by the ocean. We will definitely be looking Skip up again when we come back to the area. I highly recommend his trips.

CaptainSkipofOB, Owner at Sailaway Charters, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your nature cruise with Sailaway Charters. I'm so glad your family had a great time and would consider cruising with me again !

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our family took the 2 hour nature cruise with Captain Skip over Easter Break in 2011 and it was wonderful, a nice break on a cool morning from all the beach activities. Captain Skip was very informative and nice, the kids really enjoyed it. He showed us how to harvest oysters, pulled up his crab traps and we were able to look at the blue crabs, and then the best part was putting in the shrimp net. We were able to examine some of the catch, not all are shrimp, before tossing it back. And of course, we saw some dolphins, which was also a highlight. Thank you for a memorable outing!

CaptainSkipofOB, Owner at Sailaway Charters, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

I'm so glad your family had a great trip. I appreciate you taking the time to review my cruise.
Thanks,

See more reviews
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We went on the 2 hour nature tour w/ Captain Skip. We learned a lot about birds, mammals, fish, etc. Our boys, ages 9 and 3 1/2, both really enjoyed it, and so did we! There were dolphins right next to our boat when we went shrimping--so fascinating to watch. Captain Skip was very knowledgable about everything we saw. Within 10 minutes of the trip, our 9 year old let out an unsolicited "this is cool"-- enough said. :)

CaptainSkipofOB, Owner at Sailaway Charters, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

I'm so glad your family had a great cruise and took the time to write a review. I appreciate your business and hope you had a great vacation.
Thanks,