“Great Food and location”
Review of Zen - CLOSED

Zen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: hwy 161
Description: Trendy, romantic atmosphere with an up beat tempo and decor. Has banquet room, great for entertaining clients, Kid friendly, Outdoor seating, Both Lunch and Dinner, Reservaions excepted but not required
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Excellent all the way around. The have great high quality food and service. The only draw back is they serve Pepsi products. If they fixed that this would be my go-to place!!!!!

1  Thank Johnny M

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We wanted this place to be good .the ambience was nice ,there was a guy playing jimmy buffet who was decent service was pleasant and good .the menu is a mish mash of sushi,Thai food and American .the wine(vouvray) was good.the first appetizer was crawfish wontons ,this was fair ,couldn't taste the Chinese crawfish.we then had oysters Rockefeller off the sushi menu .this was awful ,it was an over fried small tasteless oyster on stale sushi rice surrounding bacon .we decided tomorderva chicken stir fry with peanut chicken over fried rice and veggies.what came was a glutinous indelible mess of brown rice with frozen vegetables soaked in melted peanut butter with some grilled chicken on top.if this is the 12th best restaurant in perdido key I advise going to public and eating frozen dinners.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I only eat at at a few restaurants in Orange Beach and this is one of them. Great food, great service, great prices. Very good lunch menu which is very affordable. If you are looking for a good place to eat in Orange Beach eat at Zens.

1  Thank debbie h
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I visited Zen with some friends from New Orleans! I had the salmon, my wife had the pan seared rainbow trout. Both were excellent! We eat salmon often, but this was the best ever! The service was excellent. The live music was enjoyable. Overall it was a very pleasant evening.

1  Thank John R
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My wife & I drove over to Orange Beach, AL which is not far from our home in Pensacola to eat dinner at somewhere we had not tried before. We saw Zen & decided to check it out. We are so glad we did! Meredith was our waitress and she was great, she made some recommendations and they were spot on.

We loved the crawfish & chorizo wantons with the sweet chili sauce. I had the ribeye stuffed with goat cheese & spinach special....loved it! My wife had the grilled salmon which she really enjoyed as well.

I'm not much of a dessert person normally, but next time we go (we're already planning to go for my birthday in a few weeks with friends) I'm getting my own slice of the marbled cheesecake. My wife made me try a bite of her's, wonderful!

Really great experience!