“Great place to stay in Orange Beach”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
Columbia, Maryland
“Great place to stay in Orange Beach”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very comfy clean hotel right on the Gulf. The view is great. The pool and hot tub were refreshing. My only problem was a slow WiFi connection. Several restaurants and a top notch grocery store are right across the street. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a nice view of the Gulf.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HamptonOB, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay at The Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach. We are happy to know that you were pleased with your accomodations and found what you may have been looking for within our local area. We are in a great location for awesome grocery shopping and some delicious eats. Next time you are here with us and finding a slow WIFI connection, give the front desk a call and we will troubleshoot it for you. We do hope that in the future if your travels bring you back to Orange Beach we will remain in the forefront of your mind.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Comfortable Hampton with very accommodating front desk staff. Ideal location on the beach. Restaurants, groceries, and shopping all close by. Would definitely stay at this Hampton again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SanaliA
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. We are thrilled to know that you all enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be helpful and friendly. We do hope that in the future if your lodging needs brings you to Orange Beach you will stay with us again.

Escalon, California
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. Upon arrival, we upgraded from a standard 2 queens, balcony, ocean view to a studio suite with 2 queens with balcony, full ocean view. We were on the ninth floor corner room. This was during the last week of Feb. Sun., Mon., Tues. The room was beautiful and very large as shown on their website. We paid $178.00 a night, and that included tax and fees. We had never been to Alabama or Gulf Shores and had a wonderful time in spite of poor weather. The beds were very comfortable with a variety of pillows to choose from for firm or a softer pillow. The sitting and breakfast area down stairs is large and comfortable and well decorated, nice for hanging out with friends who were there. The indoor outdoor pool was fun as well as the spa. Note: the pool is shallow goes from 1 1/2, to 4 feet being the deepest. The whole hotel is very clean, looks quite new. The staff was always very attentive and kind. The breakfast had many options. The only thing I'd change is the eggs at breakfast. Each morning it was a different variation of eggs, which always included processed cheese and spices of some sort and chunks of ham one morning. Would have been nice to just have plain scrambled eggs each morning.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlmondBlossomCapital
I would like to start off by thanking you for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach for your lodging needs this past week. We are so thrilled that you took the time to review your recent stay. I cannot thank you enough for the kind comments and we are overjoyed that you and your husband enjoyed your stay despite the bad weather. I look forward to passing on your comments to the entire staff, especially breakfast. We will take your comments as well as others from our guests and come up with ways to improve our breakfast and we appreciate you being so descriptive in doing so. Again, thank you for reviewing your stay with us, but most of all for staying with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We really enjoyed our two nights in our beach front, queen study room on the fourth floor. We could not have asked for a more clean, comfortable room. We are not the type that goes back to the same place year after year. However, with our outstanding lodging and dinning we experienced in Orange Beach, we may be back here soon.

I enjoyed the excellent exercise room with its' Gulf view. The only thing I found that this Hampton could improve on is the breakfast. We did not enjoy the breakfast food here as much as other Hamptons we've stayed at. Not everyone likes cheesey eggs for breakfast. There were no hard boiled eggs available, and no breakfast meat that was not part of a cheesey egg dish. The hot oatmeal was waterery both days, and the cold cereal choices left much to be desired. The mixed fruit was good. One thing we did enjoy at breakfast was the view of the Gulf from the breakfast room. On a clear day one could enjoy watching the sunrise while eating breakfast.

Our disappointment with the breakfast choices will not prevent us from staying here again. It is a supurb motel in a great location.

Room Tip: We couldn't see the sunset from our Gulf front balcony because a high rise up the beach blocked...
1 Thank Bob B
HamptonOB, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. We are so happy that you found your room to be comfortable and that you enjoyed our amenities. I am sorry that you found your breakfast to be less than desirable, I have passed your notes onto the Breakfast manager to see what we can do about offering better options and making sure that we are putting out a good quality of products. However, I am very happy to hear that the breakfast would not prevent you from coming back to stay with us. Again, thank you so much for your review and should your travels bring your back to the Orange Beach area, we hope to see you again.

Kind regards,

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed for six nights in mid-February in an ocean-view room. The bedding was extremely comfortable, and we slept well every night. There are not many hotels along Gulf Shores and Orange Beach; as best I could tell, there are mostly condos and condo rentals. I believe this is probably the best hotel along that stretch of beach. The beach was clean, white, and amazing. No sign of the oil spills. The hotel was nicely situated on the beach, and the orange and tan exterior was always brilliant in the sun and could be spotted in the distance. Never had to try to figure which hotel was ours.

We arrived in our room around 7:00 p.m., and at first I thought it was a bit dark. My husband said not to judge it until the morning, but I felt that it should have had more evening light. The ceilings are high, so there is no overhead lighting.

I did adjust to the light and began to appreciate the room more. The room had a window (not floor to ceiling) and a windowed door to the balcony with two chairs and a table. I think there may be some rooms with even better views (we did have a straight view out to the ocean but our balcony had walls on both sides). In viewing the hotel from the outside, it looked as if there may be some balconies that also have an open side view.

I believe the bathroom was granite - had the typical hairdryer and adjustable shower head. No make-up mirror,but it did have a mirrored closet around the corner which I used all the time to do my make-up when I needed to see close. Shelf underneath to place toiletries.

Our room had turquoise drapes with white sheers, white bedding, and lime green chair and ottoman. The walls were lime green and white. Attractive pictures on the walls. Dark headboards attached to the walls. For me the room could have had more color or decor (particularly the long, white entrance hall), but for some I'm sure this was enough.

The lobby and public areas were very nicely decorated in turquoise and orange with light-wood ceilings and lots of driftwood and beach-type decor. Very lovely, inviting public areas. Round the clock complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate - cookies in the evening if you catch them at the right time.

The hotel had a nice exercise room overlooking the ocean - now that was a nice, big view - many windows wide! The indoor pool was adjacent to the outdoor pool and from there you could view the ocean. We did not use the pools, but they looked very clean.

Personnel throughout the hotel were very friendly - always spoke whenever they saw us. While I thought the front-desk was friendly, they were not as welcoming as other hotels we stayed at on this trip. I was a little disappointed at the push to have us comment on Facebook. When we were checked in Bridget at the front desk told us we could have a free gift if we liked them on Facebook, but she didn't even give me the password information to get onto the internet. She spent more time making that request than in giving me the appropriate information that we needed at check in. They also have people during the day who pass out postcards and mints and a card for Trip Advisor. I always post on Trip Advisor to assist other travellers as I use it as a good source of travel info myself. To me this is a great hotel - they don't need to entice you to give them a good "grade" and doing so feels a bit like infringement on your time.

We appreciated the complimentary "On the House" breakfast each morning. The first day it was nice and hot. The balance of the days I found my hot entrees to be lukewarm. After six days of eating the same food, we could have used a little more variety. There was a pre-cooked omelet every day - either with cheese or Western. There was no meat or biscuits and gravy while we were there. On the way home we stayed at a Hampton in Brownsburg, IN that had bagels topped with a light amount of scrambed egg, bacon, and cheese - boy were those good. Would have liked to have a little more excitement at the Gulf Shores location.

All in all a great stay for a reasonable price - clean, friendly, everything at your service.

3 Thank TravelOften2222
WOW! Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave such descriptive details about your recent stay at The Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. We are so happy that you enjoyed our amenities and the decor of our hotel. The beachfront room in which you stayed in does have a teriffic view, however as you mentioned in your comments, we do actually have some other rooms that offer you a panoramic view where you can still see the beach as well as the city. Next time you are in the area we hope that you will come back to visit us.

Thanks again,

Hixson
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Exceptionally clean. Cheerful, helpful staff. Have stayed there twice and had a great experience both times. First stay was over the New Year's holiday and the service was terrific. The second stay was at a time when the entire hotel was booked and there was no degrdation of service. The second stay was just as pleasant as the first.

Room Tip: Book early. Beach side rooms fill quickly.
1 Thank Sam P
I would like to start off by thanking you for staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites on more than one occasion. I am pleased to know that your service was the same as the first time. We are thrilled that you took the time to review your most recent stay and appreciate your kind words. I have passed them along for our staff to read and they are very proud to be a part of making your stay a good one. We do hope that you will continue to come back and visit us, we aim to provide the same great service time and time again.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Very pleased, the staff was very courteous, the hotel is in a great location. The complimentary breakfast was good. We stayed an extra day. Highly recommend. Only recommended improvement: adding a mini fridge in the room. That would have been helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HamptonOB, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our breakfast to be desirable. We appreciate your comment in regards to the mini fridge and that is actually something that we are looking into. Next time you stay with us, try a beachfront suite, they are equipped with a mini fridge and microwave. I once again want to thank you for your comments and hope to see you again in the future.