Reviews of this hotel were glowing, when I researched the area...but my experience was both good AND bad.
The facility and the location were perfect - yards from the Gulf, on white, spotless beaches - and the hotel appears to be either very new, or very recently remodeled. Fantastic facility.
The staff was a problem. The hotel has approximately 160 rooms, and I guess I arrived at the peak of the "off season" - there couldn't have been more than 20 guests in the hotel! So it was a surprise when I arrived at the hotel a few hours before check-in time, only to be informed by the front desk staffer that my room wasn't ready. Really? Not very welcoming. It took a supervisor to correct the situation...as she stated that she was SURE a room was prepared. What if that manager had been elsewhere? I likely would have waited four hours for my room.
During breakfast - in the beautiful lobby area - sounds travels quickly, and loudly. On both of the days I ate breakfast there, I couldn't read the paper, or enjoy my breakfast, with the two front desk staffers socializing - complaining about work, actually - for nearly an hour. Seriously - it was as though they were sitting at my table, along with me...complaining about EVERYTHING. It was horrible.
The hotel has a very nice workout facility on the second floor, overlooking the beach, and I visited the gym on the day of my arrival. I was alone, working out, and a hotel employee stopped by...to tell me I was being too loud! My workout included sit-ups, walking lunges and some simple work with the dumb bells in the gym - he claimed that by dropping the dumb bells (from a height of about two inches, onto the matted flooring) that I was disturbing the other guests. He also claimed he could hear the noise in the outdoor parking deck - two floors and several hundred feet away. WHAT?! Impossible. What a downer. Nothing like being told to "be quiet" during a workout, by a staffer half my age. Unacceptable.
Finally...five minutes before my check-out time (11am), a housekeeping staffer pounded on my door - so loudly that it was actually startling...and when I opened the door - not kidding, here - she asked "are you leaving yet?" Wow. Why not just take my luggage and set it out on the curb, for me. And, I must say again - it was not even check-out time yet!!
I loved the facility and the location for this Hampton, but - truth be told - I'll probably look elsewhere on any return visit to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach Hotel, we want to show you what Alabama’s Gulf Coast is all about. When you experience the Southern hospitality and scenic beauty of our everyday life, you’ll get to know the real Alabama. So come on in, y’all, the water’s fine. And you can see it the moment you walk into our open, stylish lobby. You’ll feel at home as soon as you get here, where shades of coral, natural driftwood and ocean-themed artwork lead you right onto our beachfront pool deck and beyond to our white sand shores. Everything about this place bubbles over with happiness, and that’s just how we want you to feel throughout your stay. From a friendly smile at our Front Desk to the whimsical paintings and photographs lining our halls, the color and wonder invite you to make memories you’ll never forget. At our Orange Beach hotel, opportunities for fun stretch as far as the horizon. Whether you’re enjoying the view from your beachfront balcony, soaking up the sunshine on our expansive deck overlooking the Gulf of Mexico or making a splash in our indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub, there’s no better place to turn moments into memories. If you venture off property, there’s lots to see and do in our little piece of paradise. You’ll find superior shopping, delectable dining, and rave-worthy recreation just minutes from our hotel in Orange Beach. Just ask any member of our hospitable team to let you in on our local secrets. We love pointing people toward what makes them happy. We are centrally located near the best restaurants, nightlife and major attractions including The Wharf at Orange Beach, Tanger Outlets and Waterville USA. You can also visit historic Fort Morgan just a short drive away from our free, covered parking lot. Our commitment to extraordinary hospitality makes us mindful of the little things, because we know the little things add up to one big, wonderful experience. Friendly service and exceptional amenities are the foundation of our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach/Gulf Front Hotel Orange Beach
- Hampton Inn And Suites Orange Beach/Gulf Front