“Perfect Choice!”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Orange Beach
Georgia
“Perfect Choice!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were here a week before Christmas and it was great.

We stayed here for one night on our way back home from a short trip to New Orleans and Biloxi. I found the room to be beautiful and comfy. I was surprised to find an inviting balconey just for my viewing pleasure.. I hadn't booked inadvance and had read so many reviews on tripadvisor before, I couldn't remember which was which, so we just pulled up to one and asked about rates/availablity. Once I saw this room, I knew this one was perfect.

Breakfast was very good, and again a surprise with how much they had to offer. My family loved the cookies in the evening, and I liked the fact that a Publix and CVS was right across the street. Will be returning sometime in early spring to really enjoy the beautiful beach!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HamptonOB, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hi Ken3193, thank you so much for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach. We are so happy that you stopped by on your way home. You mentioned our breakfast, it is definitely one of those amenities that keeps our guests coming back. We definitely look forward to seeing you again in the future. The balcony view awaits you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
Counce, Tennessee
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I checked in after Christmas for some relaxation. The check in was smooth as usual. When we arrived in the room we noticed the a/c unit was operating but making a rather loud noise. I called the front desk at 4:40 p.m. and at 4:45 p.m a nice gentleman by the name of Andrew showed up to assess the problem. He called in another gentleman by the name of Rick. They both agreed that the unit fan motor was going out. They told me it would take a couple of hours to fix but didn't want to put us out. They pulled the entire unit and replaces it by 5:10 p.m!!! We were amazed at how professional and efficient they both were at getting this replacement done. We called the front desk and commended those 'two' for such a great job. This is just another example of why we stay at the Hampton in Orange Beach every time we visit. Oh yeah, my wife my pleased that the front desk found her a hair dresser on short notice as well.

Room Tip: always ask for an ocean view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your nice comments and for simply taking the time to review the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach. We have passed on your comments to the maintenance department and also posted your kind comments for all the staff to see. We are so thrilled that you come to our property every time you visit Orange Beach and look forward to your next stay. Again, thank you so much for reviewing our property.
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a very nice Hotel with great check in and check out. Parking is excellent. The complimentary breakfast was a great plus for our stay. Unfortunately I was sick for the three days I was there. I was able to rest and recover while my husband took care of appointments he had. The staff was very caring and helpful

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonOB, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hi there,
I hate that you were sick while you were here with us, but that is all the more reason for you to come back and see us so that you can make up for the time that you missed. We are happy however that you had an opportunity to enjoy breakfast and rest and relax while you were here. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Edwardsville, Illinois
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel over Thanksgiving. Walking in to the hotel we were very impressed. Parking garage is a great amenity. Room was on the 9th floor and gulf front with a spectacular view. Breakfast was good. Pool and hot tub were clean and well maintained. Only slight negative was other guests smoking on their balconies when we were trying to enjoy the outdoors. Beach was uncrowded and scenic. We will return as soon as we can. Orange Beach and the Hampton Inn was just what we needed for a short vacation.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Brijleff
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL . The view from the 9th floor is absolutely remarkable, although I am sure the smoke was distracting. We are actually a non smoking property and this includes smoking on the balcony. I will look into ways to try and combat this. Thank you for making us aware that this was going on.
We are excited that you will be coming back in the future to see us. The weather here is so unpredictable, but the view of the beach makes up for any bad weather. We look forward to seeing you again.
Take care!
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed here one night before presenting to a group at the hotel. Very easy to find location off the Foley Beach Express. Check-in was a breeze. Lobby/breakfast area is all one open area with plenty of room to spread out, have a conversation, or just relax. Room is well-appointed, with a nice (if small) balcony. Slight maintenance problem in that the A/C had been worked on and the cover was still off, but not a big deal. Heated pool and hot tub were nice on a cool evening. Breakfast was solid, if run-of-the-mill. However, the star is the beach. It was so nice to walk out and watch the sun rise while standing in the surf with a cup of coffee just steps out the back door. I can imagine that in the summer the pool deck and bar would be a great touch. With a vacant lot on the side, it shouldn't be too crowded, even at peak times. I plan to return at some point during beach season, which is the best compliment I can pay.

Room Tip: If you're in a "partial" beach view room, request a room on the east side. Sunrise is...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ClintDEsq
HamptonOB, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your room, breakfast and most of all the beach. We agree that it is really nice to walk out the back door and get right to the beach. We look forward to you returning in the Summer, it is a great time. I want to apologize that the AC cover was off, even though you said it was not a problem we strive to make sure that your room is perfect. I have brought this to the attention of our maintenance team and they assured me that they will be triple checking these rooms to make sure that it does not happen in the future. Meanwhile, we wish you a Happy Holiday season and look forward to your future visit.

Lori M. Gordon
Assistant General Manager
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

This was our second visit to this hotel. The first one was very good which is why we came back. I can say that this will be our last stay here. A few of the positives are location, location, location. Now the rest...the hotel was very rowdy and loud, ALL NIGHT. I felt like i was at a party hotel. People were drinking even at the pool with large coolers, not very family friendly. There were also loud parties going on all over the hotel with people yelling at all hours of the night, running up and down the hallways and screaming off the balconies. We called the front desk several times but it didnt get any better. One night the language was so bad i had to have my daughter put on headphones at 1:00 am. The staff didn't seem to care and never followed up. Not very good for children and i was embarassed my daughter had to experience this as opposed to a relaxing beach vacation. On a side note, the beach was littered with beer bottles which the hotel never picked up. Seeing that they definitely came from guests at their hotel, i think they should have made the effort. Like i said, we won't be back!!!

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank nhconants
HamptonOB, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. You are right when you said that we are supposed to be a family friendly vacation spot and that is why I would love it if you would take the time to contact me so that I can get more details from you. I apologize that you had a negative experience with us and we are saddened that you said this would be your last stay with us. This is something that will be addressed with our staff, I just need a few details from you. Again, thank you so much for commenting and I hope to hear from you soon.

Kindest Regards,

Lori Gordon
Front Office Manager
251-923-4400
lori@innisfree.com
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This place is awesome. Very impressed. The view from the lobby is probably the best of anywhere we've stayed in Orange Beach. Super nice deck / pool patio area, which in my opinion, looks more like a Westin than a Hampton Inn. Awesome breakfast and eating area, and we loved the tiki bar, although it's now closed for winter. The staff is super helpful and nice, and the covered parking is convenient. Rooms are clean and spacious. Everything is fresh and new. Overall, we loved it. Would definitely recommend to anyone traveling to the Orange Beach / Gulf Shores area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HamptonOB, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We are so happy that you chose to come visit the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach. Thank you for the positive comments. We try really hard to make sure that we do our best for our guests. In the future we hope that our travels will bring you back to us.

Kindest Regards,