“Incredible rooms!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
“Incredible rooms!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Wished we would have stayed here more than one night! We were on the 2nd level facing the gulf. Rooms were beautiful with walk out balcony. Decor was refreshing and matched the location. Beautiful beach. Only reason for only 4 stars was; Breakfast was ok, the usual stuff, but seemed a little small on selections. Additionally, they had a special event going on there that we were not involved in. Customer service was very lacking if you were not involved with event. Front desk was completely distracted and bartender in "tiki bar" kept leaving to go to event or was busy watching football game on tv. I had to ask for a drink. Would stay here again, but would make sure no special events were going on.

Room Tip: Gulf view a must!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
Tavernier, Florida
Reviewed October 1, 2012

very clean on ocean with balconies. Nice pool are not the normal Hampton Inn but a upgrade all the way around. Beautiful beach and has a tiki hut bar on back deck. Hotel is very tastefully decorated. Manager has a reception in the evening with free drinks and finger food which was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a upper floor facing the ocean
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Susan A
HamptonOB, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear that you had a good time while you were with us in Orange Beach and that we exceeded your expectations! Our complimentary coffee and cookies in the evening we did just for you to feel at home with us! Please let us know when you are ready to come back to the beach. We would be honored to have you back with us soon. We look forward to your return stay!

Knoxville, TN
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed from Aug. 19 to Aug 25, 2012.

I can't add much more to the already great reviews that you can read here. The biggest complaint we had was the way a hotel-wide issue with the water was handled. There was an issue with the hot water and some kind of valve that controlled supply to the hotel. This necessitated the water to be shut-off during the day. So, one day when we came back from the beach and wanted to wash up before dinner, we found no hot water in our bathroom. We called downstairs to complain and they explained the situation. This was, I believe the third day into our 7 day stay. We had some symptoms of this issue for the first couple of days, but it would come and go so I didn't pay any attention. I know that several people left the hotel and stayed elsewhere because of this. I think that the management handled this situation terribly. They also did not train the staff manning the desk to handle this either because on our way out to dinner that evening I spoke to the gal at the front desk again and the gal was even ruder to me than we when spoke on the phone. We should have been offered some kind of compensation for the terrible inconvenience they put us through. Couldn't they have warned us in advance of the water being shut off so we could plan accordingly? Couldn't they have scheduled this repair in the evening? This thing had been going on for a few days, so why fix it in the middle of the day? Now there is a terrible rush? Am I being reasonable here?

That situation was a blot on an otherwise wonderful stay. If that had not happened they would have gotten a higher rating for service. This Hampton is a fabulous location, fabulous breakfast, they make a great effort to keep the lobby and deck and pool areas clean and presentable. Plenty of parking. Beautiful room, beautiful view from the 9th floor.

I paid over $200 per night and should have gotten some kind of compensation for putting up with the ridiculous plumbing issue poorly scheduled and poorly managed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Knoxville_Knut
HamptonOB, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
I would first like to apologize for just now responding to your review, but most importantly would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach. We indulge into our comments and reviews on a regular basis so that we can stay up to date on ways to improve for our guests.
I hate that you encountered the issue with the water while you were here with us, it was a problem that as you know took over the hotel for several days. I would be more than willing to talk to you further about this if you would like to call me.
We have been in the process of making changes to the staff and have started an extensive training on customer service skills under stressful situations. In the end we want the staff to be what makes your stay, not just the beautiful view from the 9th floor or the delicious breakfast. Again, if you would like to speak further about your stay please feel free to call me, my number and email is listed below.
Thanks for your comments and I hope to hear from you soon.

Lori Gordon
Front Office Manager
251-923-4400
lori@innisfree.com
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great location right on the beach. Very nice pool and boardwalk to the beach. Great breakfast area. Parking deck with ample parking. We had a vey spacious room with two beds, sofa, chair and ottoman with a central desk area with really nice lighting and drawer space for clothes. The bathroom was separate from the sink. A very nice bar area with a refrigerator and microwave. Was here for a conference and when we arrived our room was not ready. I was not greeted as a silver reward member and the front desk staff seemed young, untrained and not really interested in being in the hospitality business. I went in to my seminar and was unable to log in to the wi-fi because I did not have a room number. The senior front desk clerk asked to see my I-pad so she could but the room number in and would not allow me to do it myself. Did I mention I am a Silver rewards member and was here for a conference. This was the only negative other than breakfast on day two. The first day breakfast was sausage and cheese omelets which were good. Day two they served turkey sausage links that tasted like cardboard (definitely not the turkey sausage served by Cracker Barrel) and scrambled eggs that were too scrambled. Plenty of other food to eat including fruit, muffins and waffles. Good juice selection and plenty of coffee throughout the day. Our room was too hot the first night so before the second night we called the desk to have someone come to adjust our thermostat. We received a very quick response and the room was much cooler. I would rate the front desk a 5 out of 10, the rest of the hotel a 10.

Room Tip: You really want a room with a patio on the beach side. I suggest floors 4-9.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations, I am truly sorry of how you were treated by our front desk staff, please know this will not happen again and this will be addressed! We want to thank you for being a Silver member and being loyal to our brand! Please let us know when you are ready to come back to the beach. We would be honored to have you back with us soon!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is a fairly new hotel and is right on the beach. There is also a pool. No fridge in the room but this was not a problem for is as some fridges do keep you awake at night with the noise. There wasnt any good resteraunts within walking distance so we drove to the Live bait eatery and had one of the best 8oz New York Strip steaks out od the whole 2 week holiday.
Breakfast fantastic with plenty of choice. Coffee in the lobby 24 hgrs, and cookies in the afternoon.
We were awoken at 2am with a frightening thunderstorm and had to be evacuated, as a lightening bolt had struck the 2 nd floor of the car park. This was done very efficiently and we had a very lucky escape, but felt very well looked after.

Room Tip: Try for a sea front room if possible
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear that you had a good time while you were with us in Orange Beach and that we exceeded your expectations! That was some storm that night huh? Scared us too, I am glad to hear that you felt safe with us, you the guest, are our #1 priority! Please let us know when you are ready to come back to the beach. We would be honored to have you back with us soon. We look forward to your return stay!

Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is awesome. We stayed here during the Bike MS event. The staff went out of their way for us, and everyone had a cheerful attitude.

The check in was super fast- even with all the people arriving. The rooms were spotless, and extremely comfortable. I was surprised at how well they kept sound muted!

The breakfast was included and was a real hot breakfast that was delicious.

The pool was perfect for my 15 month old able to play and walk around, plus an area to get out of he hot sun.

My only issue is that they didn't have a fridge. My son was on antibiotics, and is a milkoholic. Props to the staff- they let me store his milk in their fridge!!

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear that you had a good time while you were with us in Orange Beach and that we exceeded your expectations! We wanted to make sure that all the family could enjoy this beautiful area, even the little ones, I am glad to hear they had a good time as well! Please let us know when you are ready to come back to the beach. We would be honored to have you back with us soon. We look forward to your return stay!

Greenfield
Reviewed September 27, 2012

On September 18th, I arrived for another stay of 4 nights. A year ago I stayed here and had a few issues that made my stay less than perfect. This time everything was great. My room was spacious and clean and the view was gorgeous (especially at sunrise). Check in was a breeze and housekkeping took good care of us this time around. Breakfast was clean, plentiful and very fresh with just about all the breakfast foods you might want. I wonder if they had anything to do with the wonderful weather during my stay.

Room Tip: Book early and the east side oceanview rooms have no nearby buildings to block the awesome sunrises.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear that you had a good time with us again and that we exceeded your expectations this time around! We have had such beautiful weather here and glad you could enjoy it with us! We would be honored to have you back with us again soon. We look forward to your return stay!