“Friendly stafd with a gorgeous view.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Orange Beach
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I am currently staying at the Hampton inn and the location and view are great! The breakfast is also a plus to this hotel. I was not completely satisfied with my stay due to our studio room. The air conditioner is very loud and when we asked the maintenance man about it...he said it was a common complaint and there was nothing they could do about it. The water pressure in the shower was horrible, at some points every time someone showered it would practically turn off. The lady at the front desk also said that was a common complaint. The last thing was they have a handicap seat in our shower and my daughter was knocked in the head when she bumped it with her elbow and it jumped out of the latch. The hotel came and put a zip tie and handed my daughter a goody bag without a single apology.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

I appreciate your willingness to provide us with some feedback. Your satisfaction is our livliehood, so we take this type of feedback very seriously. I believe that our AGM Tana Dishon had been in contact with you that very same day. She was the person that was on the front desk when you came down to voice your concerns. With regard to the incident in the shower, we certainly intend to repair the chair and have. The intention was to avoid the problem for the remainder of your stay as we knew you would not need the chair, and make the permanent repairs after you left. I understand the impression that you may have had with the gift basket, but It was never our intention to just pacify the situation. I believe that was a sincere gesture to offer our apologies. Jessica whom is one of our senior desk agents and Tana whom were at the desk that morning said they offered many apologies to you and your daughter. I am also very sorry that the AC was noisy. I have personally inspected this room, and it has one of our quietest running AC’s. If you don’t mind, can you expand the noise issue? We have had some complaints from rooms with our original AC’s, but we believe that we have addressed the stem of most of these issues. This issue is very sensitive to us, and are we have been very diligent in working to resolve this issue. The only thing that I can think of is that the AC is not central AC. With a through the wall unit, it will always be just a bit more noisy than central air. Lastly, the water pressure was an issue for sure. Unfortunately we had a part fail that is not a stock part and had to order it. The issue has now been resolved, but it does not make up for the fact that you had to experience this while you were with us. Please contact me directly if you feel that we have not addressed all of your concerns completely. We are very sorry for your experience. I look forward to hearing back from you, and I hope have a great day!

T: 251-923-4400
F: 251-923-4401
C: 850-393-0066

Reviewed July 12, 2012

My wife and I headed down to Orange Beach for a long weekend getaway. We decided to take advantage of some of my hotel points and stay at the Hampton Inn. Upon arrival, we noticed this hotel was definitely the most "beachy" decorated hotel on the beachfront. It was festive and fun from the beginning.

Checkin was a breeze and the staff was really friendly. Our room was on the 8th floor so we had a great view up and down the beach. The rooms were very clean, modern and well decorated. As typical for Hampton Inn's, the breakfast was good, but limited. The omelette's were over cooked some days and cool on other days. However, the breakfast staff was VERY attentive and handled any requests immediately (ie. out of juice, out of waffle batter, etc). Fruit was ok, it seemed the leftovers had been frozen/refrigerated and brought back out the next day.

The beach access was awesome. Not even 100 yards from the door and you're right at the water. They had a nice pool area with a partially covered area, but at times it would get crowded and noisy. Only one day was it unbearable when a group of fraternity guys took over the pool with their foul language and public intoxication.

For those who can handle their alcohol more appropriately, there is an awesome bar at the hotel called Longboards. The bartender there, Oscar is great too. We had a blast with him and he definitely takes care of his guests. The management there is lucky to have him. We finished up each day with drinks on the patio. It was nice too because we could bill everything right to the room.

For those who choose not to bring their own chairs and umbrella's there is a beach service right there on the beach that will rent you a pair of chairs and nice umbrella for $25/day. They do all the work - set up the chairs, umbrella, take it down each day, etc. If you are staying for multiple days, ask for a discount.

Also, the location of this hotel is great because you are right across the street from a Publix, as well as 2 great restaurants, Zen and Rotolo's. Also, there is a fair amount of shopping that can be done as well in that same mall area.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone going down to Orange Beach.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BhamJohn
HamptonOB, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for your great comments, and we love Oscar too. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope to see you back again some time in the future.

Asst. general Manager

Reviewed July 12, 2012

My family and I loved staying here in their suite. We had an ocean front view and patio. Loved having the small kitchen with frig, microwave and sink. Came in very handy to make lunch for my crew. Breakfast was great and the homeade cookies at 5 everyday were a great treat. The staff were so nice and accommodating. Very nice beach and pool area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your great comments. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay, and the 5pm cookies :) haha. thanks again,

Asst. General Manager

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great value with excellent view. This was our first time to this area and we loved it.The area was laid back which is what we were looking for.We had some excellent seafood at Cobalt's (tamale appetizer is excellent)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your great comments, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Hampton Inn & Suites.
I love the tamale appetizer as well.
We hope to see you again in the future,

Asst. general Manager

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Beautiful white sand, very beautiful hotel and friendly staff. The room was imaculate. The view was magnificent. The water was crystal clear. The children had a wonderful time. The staff was friendly and helpful. Loved parking in deck on the same level as the room. The red flags were out so we couldn't go out into the water but the pool was great. We go back again!

1  Thank 2timesaNannie
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us here on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you had a good time while you were with us here in Orange Beach. We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to lodging, and we appreciate you selecting us. Please let us know when you are ready to come back, and we will do everything we can to make sure your future stay is as wonderful this one.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The breakfast included it is awesome, such a blessing for families with children. Everything was clean. Staff were friendly. Perfect location, Close to restaurants. Love the parking garage and being under roof. The only suggestion I would make is they need to add more shower stations to wash sand off upon return from beach- it's too long of a wait for your turn. Also received no perk as a diamond member. Upgrade was almost rudely rejected & No welcome bag...nothing. Although - still a Lovely new hotel

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank dwjwky
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us here on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you had a good time while you were with us here in Orange Beach. We do have plans to address the shower station on the boardwalk, and thank you for mentioning this. I am also very sorry that we did not have an upgrade available to for you. We value your loyalty to the hilton honors program, and want you to know that we realize you are very important to us. I also appologize for you not getting the amenity in your room. Please let us know when you are ready to come back, and we will do everything we can to make sure we deliver a better experience for you as an honors memeber. Have a great afternoon, and please feel free to contact me at any time if you need anything further.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel June 28th-July 1, 2012. The positives were the beachfront location,clean beach, wonderful beach attendant, mostly friendly other staff (there was one glaring exception which I will explain later), hotel location nearest most of the stores (Wal-Mart and Dollar General) and restaurants (there were no national restaurants, ie MacDonalds, etc), and free parking. On the negative side was the size of the room (it was a typical Hampton Inn room) which had no microwave or frig. Considering this was a vacation location, there was no place to eat in the room except the small computer desk. The pictures of the 2 queen bed room was misleading, as we expected these amenities or some upgrade since one family member was a high level Hilton Honors member (this is a Hilton property....the only comparison was the Hilton type of room price). Housekeeping was spotty. The room a/c was very noisy and cycled on and off frequently day and night. During the time it ran the room temp was very cold.......it was also hard to figure out how to adjust, we finally had to call for help. Considering this was a newerproperty on would expect a more up to date unit. During the time it ran it was also very noisy on the balcony since it was below the window. The beds were comfortable except for the duvet covered bedspread which was very heavy and had to be thrown off in between the a/c cycling. The breakfast was good. As far as the staff was concerned, most were very nice except one at the front desk who refused our upgrade request in a nasty manner stating that they were completely booked....which I doubted because of the attitude she gave me and not looking at me when we talked. I would rate this as a below average hotel as far as room and amenties. There was a coffee pot in the bathroom, but had only one pack of creamer and sweetner the first day, which was not replenished during our time. Beach chairs cost $12 per hour or $25 per day which can become pricey. Bring your own beach chairs and umbrella if possible. The beach was wonderful with nice waves and warm waters. I never expected this gem in Alabama and only ended up there since our original destination was Clearwater Fl.

Room Tip: If you use this property be sure that you are getting a suite or find a room in one of the condos th...