“Gulf Coast Rainy Weekend :(” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach

Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Gulf Coast Rainy Weekend :(”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Well our trip was planned six months ahead of time we were so excited to go to the Hamptom Inn on the Gulf Coast at Orange Beach since seeing the commercials advertising the beautiful Gulf Coast since the Oil Spill clean-up. We actually flew from Washington D.C. which actually had better weather temps at 90 degrees and sunshine than the Gulf Coast. The Hampton Inn is beautiful and modern and extremely clean and I think it's the newest property on the beach just over a year old. We had a suite oceanfront room with patio. Excellent room Flat screen TV, Mini Fridge and Microwave and granite countertops. Thank God because it rained from the time we landed until checkout Monday with all of two hours of sunshine:(. Our room was fantastic for a backup plan to just rest and relax. The free breakfast was good especially the awesome machines set-up to make your own belgian waffles, no chef needed ,not to mention the great taste of the waffles. I never saw this anywhere in a hotel we have stayed in. They had two waffle makers that took only two minutes to make waffles. Food was continually refilled and cleaniness was above standard with the continous monitoring of servers. The Gym was nice with a beautiful oceanfront view but the equipment was not extremly sturdy like top of the line commercial equipment but sufficed for a good workout. The outside area was nice on the patio with lounge chairs and umbrellas. Also the white sands are pristine in back of the hotel on the beach. The pool and whirpool were nice too but we could not partake becaue of the rainy weekend it was always crowded. I wish we could have been offered discount vouchers for a return trip but I realize we were not the only first time Gulf Coast Visitors. I recommend the Hotel highly, another perk there is a grocery store Publix directly across the streeet from the hotel along with other etablishments DQ,Pizza place etc. One thing I would say is that maybe the A/C units can be looked at because of the loud noise they make while using them:)

2 Thank Happy2day28970
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear that you had a good time while you were, and that the only downfall was the rainy weather on the Gulf Coast. That was some crazy weather huh? It has not been that bad in a very long time and are so very sorry you were not able to enjoy our beautiful beaches and get your toes in that sugar white sand. Please let us know when you are ready to come back to the beach. We would be honored to to have you back with us soon.

gabe@innisfree.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
guntersville,AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

My husband had a conference scheduled at the Hampton Inn. We had no problem finding a parking place to start with. The lobby was very spacious and decorated in what I'd call " classy beach" style. I loved the mix of orange, turquoise, browns and white. Everyone at the check in desk were helpful and happy. There were even cookies out at the coffee bar area. Nice touch. Our room was gulf front and presented a gorgeous view of the beach. The room was clean and very tastefully decorated. I loved the bathroom counter/sink area, granite counter and dark woods. Lots of extra towels too. The beds were very comfortable as well. Breakfast is included and offered many choices including waffles, pastries, yogurt, juices, etc. The pool area looked very nice and had a section that was under cover. All in all, it was a great stay and we would definetly stay again!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank mmjtr
HamptonOB, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear that you had a good time while you were with us for your conference in Orange Beach. We will make sure to pass your good words down to our staff! Please let us know when you are ready to come back to the beach. We would be honored to to have you back with us soon.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed at Hampton Inn Orange beach the weekend of 6/3/12. It is truly a beautiful property. The lobby was outstanding and the front desk staff was quick and efficient. Check-in was easy, took about 3-5 mins. I absolutely loved the fact that this hotel was extremely modern. To say this isn't a luxury hotel it was very high in quality. Beautiful Decor in the lobby and elevator areas. The elevators were a little warm along with the hallways, but that was the only drawback.
My boyfriend and I stayed in room 606. We had a 2 queen balcony room facing the gulf. We would've gotten a king but when we booked they were sold out. The room was very clean, no stains or smells. The balcony view was BEAUTIFUL, chairs a bit uncomfortable. Pictures are exactly like the room. Nothing really special about the room we didn't spend much time there.

The beach was right behind the hotel. Chairs available for rent early am. Rental guy let us lounge for free after 5pm. This was out first trip to Orange Beach I expected the water to be a little bluer and less smelly, was nervous about that so we didn't get into the water. Pool and Jacuzzi facilities were small but clean and comfortable. BEST THING THE BEACH DOES NOT CLOSE!!!! WE WERE ABLE TO GO OUT AROUND 11PM AND SIT ON THE BEACH WITH OUT IPOD DOCK AND SOME WINE AND ENJOY THE SOUNDS OF THE GULF.

We dined at Cosmo's, Rotolo's nearby and Calypso Joe's. All very good, no complaints. Didn't try any of the hotel drinks as we packed out own wine. Ran out around 10PM, very happy to find a 24-hour dollar general where we were able to purchase wine glasses. There is also a Walmart supermarket.

Checkout was just as smooth as check-in. Overall we absolutely loved this hotel. Definitely will stay again if we ever visit Orange Beach again in the future!

Room Tip: Higher floor for better views.
2 Thank BRITTGOESFAR
HamptonOB, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Dear Missbcarroll,
Wow, we are very falttered by your comments. We are very happy to hear that you had a good time with us in Orange Beach. We look forward to hosting your next stay at the beach. Please let us know if we can do anything for you in the mean time. Have a great Sunday.

Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed three nights at this Hampton in Orange Beach (first time at this hotel). We had a great experience from the time we got there until we left. The staff were all courteous, the breakfast was great, the rooms (and pillows!) were great, and you can't beat the convenience of being on the beach. We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Side rooms are nice because they're not as expensive as beach front, but still have an ocean vie...
1 Thank dtses
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear that you had a good time while you were with us in Orange Beach. Please let us know when you are ready to come back to the beach. We would be honored to to have you back with us soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I loved the hotel. Clean and new, the pictures are accurate. We stayed in a two queen suite with pullout couch. It was ocean front and it was a huge room with plenty of room for our family of four. Even though this isn't a full service hotel, I felt like I was staying in one. I loved being able to step out on the balcony and look at the ocean at night. Staff was friendly, breakfast was great. (I think they should expand the breakfast hours to cut down on the rush of people every morning but still great free breakfast.) Room and hotel was very clean and we saw the staff constantly cleaning the floors and rooms which made me feel like we were in a sanitary living space. Pool was crowded but large enough to handle the crowd and my kids loved the pool and I liked being able to dip in and out of the shaded indoor pool space to avoid sunburn. The hotel was excellent and should I ever go back to Orange Beach, I will stay at this hotel because it is so clean and it is really truly right on the ocean. My only complaint was the littered beach - I don't recall ever being on such a trash littered beach in my life! Cigarette butts, cans, pieces of paper and plastic, no matter what time of day we went out to the beach, there was trash to be picked up. I realize the hotel cannot control the trash for the entire Orange Beach but they should consider trash collection in the beach section located directly in front of the hotel. Maybe put up signs and place some more trash cans around?? I don't know, but it was gross and I felt like the hotel could be contributing in some capacity. There was only one trash can on the beach and I think it actually belonged to the beach chair rental people. I saw quite a few cups and plates from the Hampton Inn buried in the sand and even though they are all bio-degradable, I don't want to look at them while I play with my kids on the beach. Having to constantly remind my small children not to touch things they find on the beach is frustrating, it should be the one place I don't have to do that. Please Alabama, clean your beach.

Room Tip: High floor ocean front rooms provide a great view and you can hear the waves rolling in from the bal...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank thetravelgirls
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear that you had a good time and the staff went above and beyond to make your stay the best while you were with us. As for our prestine beaches not being clean, I am sorry to hear this. normally this is not how we present our beaches here in Orange Beach, I will get with our beach service to make sure this is being done each morning and throughout the day. Please let us know when you are ready to come back to the beach. We would be honored to to have you back with us soon.

SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

I picked this hotel for its location on the shore, not much competition. I do not usually stay at Hampton Inn chain. The room is spacious and clean. Bed is comfortable. One of the pillows (not the cover) had a big RED STAIN. The bathroom towels are overused and very thin. The door between the connected rooms are not sound proof, you can even see the shadow of people walking in the other room. The breakfast is of poor quality, from the frozen bagles to the tasteless fruits and inedible warm selection (scrambled eggs and sausage).
The best thing for this hotel is the location right on the beach (shore) and it is good option for families with children.
The worst thing of this hotel is the front desk staff: beside the manager, the people are rude, ignorant and hate their job.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TOURtheWORLDMexPal
First, I want to say that I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience while stayng with us. Your satisfaction is our life blood, so we take this type of feedback very serisouly. When you have a moment, I would love an opportunity to speak with you. I want to make sure that I can address each and every one of your concerns. Please feel free to call at the office number listed below or send me an email. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

e gabe@innisfree.com
Farmington, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

This hotel is absolutely amazing! The location couldn't be better. You are within walking distance to restaurants, ice cream, pharmacies, and shops. The hotel is at an intersection so there are no problems getting out by car or on foot.

Breakfast was great. So many choices and always well stocked. Staff is friendly. Hotel is very clean. Our suite was spacious. Side view rooms are the best. We were able to check in early so that was nice. If traveling by car, take your own beach chairs. The ones on the beach are for rent only.

If you go to Orange Beach, you HAVE to stay at the Hampton Inn. Well worth it. Your group will not be disappointed!! We will be going back next year for sure!!

Room Tip: Go for a suite to get the wet bar area with mini-fridge and microwave. Side view rooms are the way...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are very happy to hear that you had a good time with us and to know we have went above and beyond your expectations. We will make sure to pass this along to our staff to let them know they are doing such a great job! We look forward to seeing you again soon at the beach. Please let us know if we can do anything for you in the mean time. Have a great Week.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,078 reviews
Sugar Beach
Sugar Beach
#15 of 20 in Orange Beach

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach? Share your experiences!