“Great Hotel, Beach Needs Cleaning”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Hotel, Beach Needs Cleaning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I loved the hotel. Clean and new, the pictures are accurate. We stayed in a two queen suite with pullout couch. It was ocean front and it was a huge room with plenty of room for our family of four. Even though this isn't a full service hotel, I felt like I was staying in one. I loved being able to step out on the balcony and look at the ocean at night. Staff was friendly, breakfast was great. (I think they should expand the breakfast hours to cut down on the rush of people every morning but still great free breakfast.) Room and hotel was very clean and we saw the staff constantly cleaning the floors and rooms which made me feel like we were in a sanitary living space. Pool was crowded but large enough to handle the crowd and my kids loved the pool and I liked being able to dip in and out of the shaded indoor pool space to avoid sunburn. The hotel was excellent and should I ever go back to Orange Beach, I will stay at this hotel because it is so clean and it is really truly right on the ocean. My only complaint was the littered beach - I don't recall ever being on such a trash littered beach in my life! Cigarette butts, cans, pieces of paper and plastic, no matter what time of day we went out to the beach, there was trash to be picked up. I realize the hotel cannot control the trash for the entire Orange Beach but they should consider trash collection in the beach section located directly in front of the hotel. Maybe put up signs and place some more trash cans around?? I don't know, but it was gross and I felt like the hotel could be contributing in some capacity. There was only one trash can on the beach and I think it actually belonged to the beach chair rental people. I saw quite a few cups and plates from the Hampton Inn buried in the sand and even though they are all bio-degradable, I don't want to look at them while I play with my kids on the beach. Having to constantly remind my small children not to touch things they find on the beach is frustrating, it should be the one place I don't have to do that. Please Alabama, clean your beach.

Room Tip: High floor ocean front rooms provide a great view and you can hear the waves rolling in from the bal...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank thetravelgirls
HamptonOB, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear that you had a good time and the staff went above and beyond to make your stay the best while you were with us. As for our prestine beaches not being clean, I am sorry to hear this. normally this is not how we present our beaches here in Orange Beach, I will get with our beach service to make sure this is being done each morning and throughout the day. Please let us know when you are ready to come back to the beach. We would be honored to to have you back with us soon.

gabe@innisfree.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

I picked this hotel for its location on the shore, not much competition. I do not usually stay at Hampton Inn chain. The room is spacious and clean. Bed is comfortable. One of the pillows (not the cover) had a big RED STAIN. The bathroom towels are overused and very thin. The door between the connected rooms are not sound proof, you can even see the shadow of people walking in the other room. The breakfast is of poor quality, from the frozen bagles to the tasteless fruits and inedible warm selection (scrambled eggs and sausage).
The best thing for this hotel is the location right on the beach (shore) and it is good option for families with children.
The worst thing of this hotel is the front desk staff: beside the manager, the people are rude, ignorant and hate their job.

2 Thank TOURtheWORLDMexPal
HamptonOB, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
First, I want to say that I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience while stayng with us. Your satisfaction is our life blood, so we take this type of feedback very serisouly. When you have a moment, I would love an opportunity to speak with you. I want to make sure that I can address each and every one of your concerns. Please feel free to call at the office number listed below or send me an email. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

e gabe@innisfree.com
Farmington, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

This hotel is absolutely amazing! The location couldn't be better. You are within walking distance to restaurants, ice cream, pharmacies, and shops. The hotel is at an intersection so there are no problems getting out by car or on foot.

Breakfast was great. So many choices and always well stocked. Staff is friendly. Hotel is very clean. Our suite was spacious. Side view rooms are the best. We were able to check in early so that was nice. If traveling by car, take your own beach chairs. The ones on the beach are for rent only.

If you go to Orange Beach, you HAVE to stay at the Hampton Inn. Well worth it. Your group will not be disappointed!! We will be going back next year for sure!!

Room Tip: Go for a suite to get the wet bar area with mini-fridge and microwave. Side view rooms are the way...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
We are very happy to hear that you had a good time with us and to know we have went above and beyond your expectations. We will make sure to pass this along to our staff to let them know they are doing such a great job! We look forward to seeing you again soon at the beach. Please let us know if we can do anything for you in the mean time. Have a great Week.

Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

This new hotel has everything you need for a fantastic vacation. The room decor is nice, spacious and clean. Nice breakfast and friendly staff. It comes with a fabulous white sand beach and blue ocean. We left yearning to go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear that you had a good time while you were with us. We put all that here just for you, to be able to enjoy our beautiful beach and water! Please let us know when you are ready to come back to the beach. We would be honored to to have you back with us soon.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in a 2 Queen Standard Oceanfront Room. Overall we had a very nice stay and would definitely stay here again in the future. Upon going into the lobby we noticed the spectacular view of the beach and the staff were very friendly. The room was nice but was the typical standard 2 bed hotel room. As a Gold HHonors member I requested an upgrade if available but since the hotel was full we didn't get one and having a suite would have provided us extra space when our son was napping. The size of the balcony was very good and there were 2 chairs and a table on the balcony. The views of the beach and water were excellent. The beds were comfortable and while the A/C unit was loud it worked very effectively. Our only 2 complaints about the room were no fridge or safe. From reading prior reviews we knew there wasn't a fridge but that the hotel is considering adding in the future. Especially for keeping waters and other kid foods, that would have been very convenient over using the cooler. Also this is the first hotel I have been to on the beach which did not provide an in-room safe to keep cash, jewelry, and other valuables. I'd recommend considering to adding these in the future.

The breakfast area was one of the larger ones at all the Hampton's I have stayed at but was still full at breakfast times. It was the typical Hampton breakfast with a couple hot selections each day and the other normal foods (cereals, muffins, fruits, etc). We did notice that almost as soon as people left their table a staff member was there to clean up the table to ready it for the next people. The hotel overall was very clean and well kept.

The beach was exceptionally nice and did not feel crowded at all even with the hotel being full. We did not rent any chairs or umbrellas when we were there as we brought our own but it appeared that there were always some available. The first 2 days the water was pretty calm and on day 3 the waves picked up quite a bit.

The pool was a good size and was a zero entry pool which is nice for those of us with kids. At the walk in part there were various fountains which our son had a great time in. There were also plenty of towels available in the pool area.

Parking was very easy and there was always ample space. Right across the street from the hotel is a larger shopping center which was very convenient when getting meals or other items. There is a large Publix grocery store, CVS pharmacy, sunglass shop, other local shops, as well as various eating establishments (Zen Restaurant (one of the higher end restaurants in town), Rotolos Pizza, Subway, Dairy Queen, etc).

Also when traveling down from I-65 our GPS took us all the way down Gulf Shores Parkway (59)and didn't take us on the small toll road which goes to Orange Beach. I would definitely consider taking the roll road ($3.50 to cross the bridge into Orange Beach) as taking this way definitely saves lots of time and heartache not dealing with all the traffic and stoplights the further south on 59.

Would highly recommend the Hampton for anybody looking for a reasonably priced beach vacation.

5 Thank jzstldc
Thank you very much for your kind words. We appreciate you sharing your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. Our staff will be happy to hear you had a good time while you were with us. With respect to the refrigerators, we are committed to installing them in all of the rooms this year, as to the safes, next time you stay with us, we do offer them for our guests at the front desk and would be happy to assist you with this. I am glad to hear that you had a good time while you were here with us. We look forward to your stay with us again soon! Have a great week!

Thanks

e gabe@innisfree.com
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We made this Reservation on at the last minute. We based our pick on tripadvisor.com reviews and we were not let down!

Positives:
The location is perfect!
The Beach is clean and the water so so beautiful.
The Staff was extremely Helpful and Friendly; I mean everyone!
Our checkout was simple!
The Hot Breakfast was excellent; The staff constantly monitored the buffet and kept it stocked.
Our Studio Ocean Side view on the 8th floor with Balcony was Gorgeous.
Our 2 Queen Beds were very comfortable and the Studio Room was worth every penny.
The Hotel was kept stunningly clean.
The Pool was really nice.

Negative
Only one little small negative; Our Room was not cleaned till around 4 PM. I guess room 803 is the last room cleaned every day. LOL

We had a wonderful 3 days and will definitely return. Thanks for the perfect getaway!

Room Tip: Pick a Room with a Balcony; You will not be disappointed.
1 Thank cocoario
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear that you had a good time while you were with us in Orange Beach. Please let us know when you are ready to come back to the beach. We would be honored to to have you back with us soon.

London,England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in May. The hotel was located right on the beach. We had a side view but we could still sit on the balcony and look out at the sea. The room was quite large, the staff were all very friendly and the breakfast was very nice. The free coffee in the lobby was a nice touch but even better was the free Earl Grey Tea with vanilla milk. Top marks from me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear that you had a good time while you were with us, we will make sure to pass your kind words to our staff. Please let us know when you are ready to come back to the beach. We would be honored to to have you back with us soon.