“Loved it and can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
Jackson, MS
“Loved it and can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel is lovely. We were there in August and was told that the hotel had been built in April, 2011. The staff was very accommodating. The room was excellent. They have a laundry and exercise room. The best part is that the hotel is on the beach. I was able to use my hilton hotel points too and that was lovely.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonOB, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear Jeffrey1107,
First, I want to say thank you very much for being a Hilton Hhonors member. We value your loyalty to our brand, and really appreciate your business at our hotel. I am so pleased to know that you had a good time while you were here in Orange Beach. It is pretty awesome to be able to walk out the back door and put your toes in the sand. Thank you so much for your kind words. Please let us know when you are ready to come back to the beach and we'll make sure you are treated like royalty. Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

We just returned from a stay at the Hampton Inn in Orange Beach. If you are planning a trip to Orange Beach (or even Gulf Shores for that matter) and are looking for a hotel, rather than a condo - The Hampton Inn Orange Beach is definitely the best place to stay! The hotel is beautifully decorated and has an urban-beachy-contemporary feel to it. The staff are friendly, the hotel is scrupulously clean, and the location couldn't be better; its literally steps from the beach!

We stayed on Hilton points and were not upgraded to a suite, since the hotel was nearly full. The regular rooms were indeed smaller than a typical Hampton Inn room. I found the room to be acceptable, but my husband (who stays in Hampton Inns weekly) was less than impressed. If we were to go back and pay out of pocket, I would definitely spring for the Ocean Front Suite. The a/c is indeed loud, like a previous poster mentioned, but we didn't find it too bothersome. One recommendation I have for the hotel (if they are listening!) is to add mini refrigerators to the regular rooms. This extra touch would be much appreciated, especially since this is a beach hotel.

One of the perks for staying at a Hampton Inn is the free breakfast. There was plenty of food: fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, instant grits, cereal, muffins, toast, bagels, danishes, 2 waffle irons, biscuits, eggs, sausage, gravy, milk, juice, coffee, and tea. This is such a nice touch! The pool is small, but nice w/ a zero-depth entry that has a couple of water sprinklers that my 4 year old liked. There is also a hot tub and a pool-side bar. You can get cocktails, beer, and an assortment of frozen drinks (with or w/out alcohol). The Island Oasis "smoothies" were $5 each, but were a nice treat for the beach. The cushy blue loungers with umbrellas are owned by a 3rd party and are rented for $25 for the day or $5 per hour. We thought it was worth every penny! The attendant was super nice, as well. There is a "Suite Shop" off the lobby that sells snacks and candy. Another suggestion I have for the management is to stock some AA batteries. =)

Directly across the street from the hotel is a shopping center w/ a Publix. There is a Winn-Dixie close by, as well. There are several pizza delivery places that will deliver to the hotel. We also heard good reviews for the yellow BBQ restaurant across the way. There are 3 ice cream places (Dairy Queen, Brusters, and one by the Winn-Dixie) that are close too. We had a nice meal at Calypso Joe's at a nearby marina. The kids had fun feeding the fish and the service was quick and friendly.

We'll be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HamptonOB, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Lactamom,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a good time while you were staying with us. I will be sure to share your kind words with the staff. Also, we are definately listening on the mini-fridge and microwave suggestion. We are looking into making that improvement for the coming year. We'll also have your AA batteries the next time you are here:) We truly appreciate your feedback, and are so happy that you chose to stay with us. Please let us know when you are ready to come back to Orange Beach.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

I travel all over the world..hotels every week of my life. This hotel has lots going for it, great location, great beach, new property, clean..BUT. EVERY ROOM HAS A JET ENGINE for an air conditioner. HOW CAN ANYONE SLEEP HERE? The noise from the air conditioner is incredible. I asked several other guests if they had the same problem...and all of them said yes. How can I recommend this place to others if I could not sleep a wink here...My daughter and wife could not sleep....and you wont either unless you live on an aircraft carrier.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank T2much
Dear t2much,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I want you to know that this issue is definately on our radar. We are diligently looking for a solution to this issue. I am happy to hear that everything else was acceptable. If you are ever in the Orange Beach area again, please let us know. Have a great afternoon, and we hope to see you back soon.
Benton, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

Staff were very friendly, quiet area and great for a family vacation. Rooms were clean and very nice. Pool was great along with the hot tub.

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to reveiw our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is always good to hear that the staff's hard work is paying off. We would be honored to see you back at our hotel, so please let us know when you are ready for another trip to Orange Beach.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

My stay at Hampton was WONDERFUL!!! I am disabled and needed help in the lobby. The front desk clerk Jessica and another staff member went out of their way to help me!!!! That made my day and stay. Every where we went in the hotel we were always greeted with a smiling face and a Hello. My family and I will be back . They made it feel like home. :) Great JOB!!!!!! Wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Sara0519,
Thank you very much for taking the time to reveiw our hotel. I am very pleased to know that your stay was a positive experience. We can't wait to see you back in Orange Beach. Let us know when your ready, and we'll be sure to roll out the red carpet for you!
Pilot Point, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

This was our first trip to Orange Beach and the Hampton Inn and Suites made us want to return. A delightful, clean hotel right on the beach. We were only overnighters on our way to Florida, but would like to return for a longer stay. Nice break in a long trip.

Room Tip: Next time we will pay the difference to be Gulfside.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear mlbobo,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am so delighted to hear that you enoyed your stay with us, even though it was a short one. The gulf view rooms are definitely worth the few extra dollars. We can't wait to see you back in Orange Beach, so please let us know when you are ready to come back for that long Alabama beach getaway and we will roll out the red carpet. Have a great evening.
Birmingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

We just back Wednesday from our first trip to the new Hampton Inn Orange Beach. Overall the hotel property was gorgeous and the beach was great! However, for the hotel to be 4 months old and the price, I would think that A/C units would have been designed to be much quieter. The unit was so loud that it was difficult for my fiance and I to get a good night's sleep and on top of that we killed two roaches in our room the last night and morning of our trip. Ewww!! Told the clerk at the front desk and she seemed distracted and sick and frankly didn't say too much of anything. May not go back unless the place is definitely exterminated!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pianoeight
HamptonOB, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, August 27, 2011
Dear Pianoeight,
My name is Gabe DiCianni, and I am the General Manager. Thank you for taking the time to reveiw us on Trip Advisor. I want to extend a sincere appology for your experience. It is always our goal to make sure that your stay is as flawless and enoyable as possible. I can assure you that we are addressing your concerns. If you are ever in the Orange Beach area again, please let me know. I would love to have another opportunity to change your mind about our hotel. Have a great afternoon!