“POB II 2413 Heaven on the Bay II”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Orange Beach
Phoenix on the Bay II
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This vacation included many firsts: first time staying in a condo, first vacation with my parents, my family and my brother's family and first "beach" vacation. I enjoyed the property so much I really didn't so much as want to leave for dinner. Between the pools, lazy river and breezy balcony with a great view, this property was like paradise. Even though this property is a short drive to the beach, I wasn't even tempted to visit the beach, lest I miss out on some time at the condo or pool. I foolishly got a very minor sunburn on my first day at the pool, but what I so fabulous about this property is not only is there an indoor pool, but around 4:30 pm the sun went behind the buildings, and the outside pool / lazy river area was in the shade...I couldn't have imagined it any better. The condo itself was likewise fabulous. Well decorated with every amenity I could want, comfortable beds, great showers, easy access to vehicles, garage parking on the same level as you condo, easy unloading with luggage carts, available elevators for easy access to and from the pool area, I could go on and on. I've stayed at hotel properties around the U.S. and I must admit that this condo impressed me. We were already talking about going back on the first evening of our stay. The condo was clean, well organized and just generally felt immediately like home. I can't say enough nice things about the unit or the property.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JB-loyno

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Rented from the owners and had a keyless entry code!! We loved NOT having to keep up with keys. This condo unit is very cute ( just like the photos online) owners are super nice and the price was awesome. Located on second floor with beautiful view of the marina and bay. Definitely will stay here again POB2202 perfect unit for our family.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank OrangeBeach2205
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have stayed at POB I and was very clean, therefore we booked POB 2 room 2103 and the condo was very dirty. The ivory carpet had huge brown stains and the navy blue bedspreads in the kids bedroom had large white stains. The entire condo needs updates and additional kitchen utensils for the price of $1700 for 4 nights. The pool and lazy river are a lot smaller at POBII and we u cannot use POB I facilities. In my opinion, check the ratings on each unit before booking!!!

Room Tip: Look at the ratings if each room before booking!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Heidi T
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I found our unit on VRBO just a few days before we went. I emailed and got a response saying the unit was available but there were several inquiries, so I needed to hurry and sign the rental agreement and send payment info. Which I did. A couple of hours passed without any response so I texted the phone #. By this time it was 5:30pm, the lady said she wasn't at the office and would get to it in the morning...??? As it turns out, this was a small management company. (and the lady I was communicating with was one of the owners of said company) Whatever the reason, I didn't like it. I had to text again the next day to finally get confirmation emailed @ 1:00pm. Ok, so I was unhappy with them, that really doesn't have anything to do with the unit so moving on.
We arrived Sunday @ 4:30pm to check in. This isn't a big deal to me, but may be to some...there wasn't a guard in the guardshack at that time or any other that we came or went. We went inside and found a sign that said the desk clerk would be back in 10 minutes. I hate those kind of signs because...ten minutes from WHEN? 30 seconds ago or 9 minutes ago? She showed up about 5 minutes later with a half hearted greeting. I told her who we were & that we needed to check in. If she was listening, she could tell from our conversation that we had never been there. When she gave us our keys, wristbands and parking pass(an additional $16) she didn't offer any info on unit location. I asked if we should unload out front. She said we could do that, or at the parking deck....no further explanation..no advice as to which would be easier or better...and off she went to do something else. I rather loudly told my family "well, I guess we need to go out and have a look to see which would be best"...no response from her. Incase she is working when you check in...it is easiest to use the parking deck. It is set up kind of strange but turns out to be much easier than going through the lobby if you are staying on a higher floor. It is also nice that it is covered. Not sure who writes the desk clerks paycheck but if it is Brett Robinson, I guess she couldn't be bothered with us since they didn't get any booking fees.
Our unit was #2810. Upon entry we were greeted by black scuff marks all along the white walls. I assume this is from things rubbing against it as guests come and go. Those marks made sense but the ones all over the rest of the condo didn't. All along the wall in the dining area, some in the living area, and the outer wall of the breakfast bar which was also covered in dirty footprints. All of the walls were white so marks really stood out and it was all I could do to keep from cleaning them myself. All of the accessories sitting around had dust on them and most were rather "cheap" looking. I understand this is a rental but given a choice of cheap and dusty vs bare, I would choose bare. The off white carpet in the living area had little stains all over it. The balcony had 6 rather ratty looking chairs, no lounges. The cushions were all worn thin, one was torn all along the seam with stuffing coming out and no table. We used an upside down laundry basket to put our drinks on...classy right? Since we had never been to this property and as is standard, the photos only showed the good parts, I didn't know we had picked probably the worst location possible in the building. The best description of the shape of the building I can think of is a check mark. Unit 2810 is on the top floor in the narrowest part of the building and the units across the way seem like they are SO close. You could easily hold a conversation with someone there using a normal tone of voice. So, if blinds aren't closed, (see sleeping arrangements further down for more on this) you are looking right into each others windows. The worst part is, every sound from the pool area and other balconies carries straight up to this balcony. If you look to the right there is a beautiful view of the bay (Caribe acoss the way) and bridge. If you look to the left, you are looking through the windows to the elevator area. You also get to hear every "BANG" of the squeegee hitting the window frames when they are cleaning the windows on all 8 floors at 8-9 pm. If you look straight down you see the entryway to the pool and a little further on, part of the lazy river and part of the pool. If you plan to keep an eye on your children from the balcony (as I hoped to do) this is NOT the unit for you because you can't see the majority of the pool area from here. The evening of our arrival, the pool was packed. Chairs lined all around the pool not 2 feet apart, leaves one feeling rather cramped. Three women were sitting on the edge of the lazy river where the "tunnel" starts and 3 men were standing in it (with floats, making it hard for people to pass by) talking to them. They had about a case of empties sitting all around them (from our 8th floor balcony) we could hear EVERY word they were saying which included a colorful collection I assure you. At this point let me say, I have no issues with drinking, smoking, or having a good time...UNLESS it infringes on others...ESPECIALLY children, which this clearly did. As the night went on, people returned to their rooms and apparently decided to entertain the rest of us by shouting from balcony to balcony or balcony to pool, and turning their radios up loud enough for all to enjoy (or not). By bedtime my nerves were shot & I told my husband if the next morning was no better we would be leaving, paid in full or not.
The king in the master seemed comfy enough when we first went to bed but as the night wore on I kept having to nudge my husband back to his side. Turns out there is a ...lump? in the middle of the bed and if you wind up on it, you roll to one side. My daughter reported that the queen in the guest room was "fine" but she is a 14 year old skinny minnie sooo...take that for what it is worth. My son slept on the sectional (he didn't open it) in the living area and also said it was "fine" but we couldn't close the blinds because everytime we touched the cord to slide them or close them, the cord fell off. Soooo, he woke up earlier than he would have liked to each day because of the room being flooded with daylight.
The next morning we all went to the pool as soon as it opened so we could secure chairs. The lazy river was very nice except when we got close to the building/shurbbery where it smelled like a bar and the end of the tunnel type area where some sort of fungus? was growing along the wall. The kids had a great time in the pool and on the slide. We did learn that POB I has a larger pool & lazy river but if you are staying at II you aren't permitted to use it. We met the security guard/lifeguard/pool guy who was SUPER nice and the most pleasant encounter during our stay even though we only talked 10-15 minutes.
When we went back to the condo, the temperature inside was 78 degrees. It was 4:20pm and I was worried I wouldn't catch the people we rented from "at the office" and would be without ac until the next day. I texted her at 4:23 and didn't hear anything until 4:55 when she said someone would be there in a while. Thankfully the technician was already onsite working for someone else and showed up @ 5:30. He said the unit had frozen up. He found 2 FILTHY filters and said that contributed to the problem. He defrosted the unit and it worked fine for the remainder of our stay.
There is a true laundry room with full size machines in the unit. I was glad to have them because the ac guy had to use several towels to clean up the mess from defrosting. It took 3 washes and most of my the detergent I brought along to get them clean, but I don't know what we would have done for bath towels otherwise.
That night we decided to cook on the grills provided and eat in. The grilling area is really pretty, surrounded by palm trees and great places to take photos. Either the party crowd had checked out or they were were still recovering from the night before because things were fairly quiet that evening.
The next day we made the quick drive (maybe @ 5 miles?) and spent the day at the Gulf State Park beach area which was very enjoyable because it wasn't crowded. We usually stay somewhere on the beach so this was our first time there. They have chairs and umbrellas for rent but since we didn't know ahead of time, we brought our own and unlike being on private beaches, didn't feel like we were intruding when we set up among the rentals because there was still plenty of room. There is a snack bar but it is only open on the weekends.
That night the pool stayed open until the designated closing time of 10pm. (It closed earlier the 2 previous nights because of weather and though it seemed it could have been re-opened one of them, it never was). The place seemed pretty much empty and the kids had a great time!!
One more thing I didn't like about this unit...there wasn't a phone. I always use my cell for "personal" calls but prefer to use the phone provided for ordering take out etc. Also seems it would be a good idea in case of emergency, with the caller ID feature. I have never stayed anywhere that didn't provide a phone.
This review may seem nit-picky to some but I try to cover all of the things that are important to me in my reviews incase someone else has the same questions/concerns. I also hope to find this sort of detail in other reviews. I often have a hard time making decisions about where to stay based on the info provided on the property website. Just reading here that someone did or didn't like a place, doesn't mean that I will feel the same, so details as to why or why not are SO helpful.
Will my family stay here again? I won't totally rule it out but I will do a couple of things differently if so.... 1. I will not rent from anyone other than Brett Robinson and I will make sure that particular unit has their highest rating. 2. I will make sure I know the EXACT location of the unit I am getting.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Wanderlust724
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Rented a condo through Meyer rentals. What disaster!! First day realized a sink & toilet did not work, stains all over the carpet, trash under the beds/ couch, and a roach found under the linen left for guest to use!!! Also received four keys, but only one worked which we did not realized till we were locked out of our condo in swimsuits for two hours!!!! Waiting on a Meyer representative to arrive which never happened!!! Will never rent through them again!! 2200 dollars down the drain!!

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank ccarlily
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Me, my 14 yr old son, and my older son's girlfriend stayed at Phoenix on the Bay II. I love it there....so relaxing...very family friendly. The lazy river is always so much fun!! Everyone is so nice...we just loved the security guard..he was so nice!!! Brett/Robinson always offers great rates and free nights!!! In the past we have stayed at many different Brett/Robinson properties and our favorite is POB II. We stayed in Condo #2608...very nicely decorated and the beds are very comfortable!! Cant wait until our next vacation!! We highly recommend Brett/Robinson!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2012

we rented a very nice 2 bedroom 2 bath condo style property with a full kitchen, living room, and bay view balcony through Brett/Robinson Vacations. the rooms are very quiet. we could not hear our neighbors nor any outdoor noise while in our room.

renting the property was easy. the website has pictures of every room and they match the properties to a tee.

the property has a lazy river, swimming pool, water slide, kid pool, bbq area with charcoal grills, indoor pool, indoor hot tubs, workout facility, parking garage, and tennis courts. everything was nice. being somewhat early in the season and having cool, windy, overcast weather during our stay, the outdoor swimming pools were somewhat chilly. our room was on the second floor and at that elevation it was hard to get a room with a good views of both the bay and the swimming pools due to the palm trees that are growing in front of the balconies. otherwise, all was well.

the hotel is located on the bay and just a few short miles from the white sand beach. there are plenty of nice restaurants in a very short proximity.

we would definitely stay at the Phoenix on the Bay II again through Brett/Robinson Vacations..

Room Tip: we stayed in room 2204. the room was clean and in good condition with a nice view of the bay.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family