“Phoenix II /Brett Robinson Vacations”
Review of Phoenix II

Phoenix II
Russellville, Alabama
“Phoenix II /Brett Robinson Vacations”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I just returned from a girls beach trip. We rented through Brett Robinson Vacation and stayed in Phoenix II unit P2-2114. The one bedroom unit was tastefully decorated and well equipped. The view from the 11th floor was beautiful. The booking and check in procedures were quick and easy.
When ever any issues have come up over the years they have always taken care of it quick and efficiently. Thanks Brett Robinson for another great vacation. I'll see you again in a few weeks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Laurel, Mississippi
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was actually a condo, 2 BR/2 Bath. We have been renting through Brett/Robinson for the past 5-6 years and we LOVE them. We usually stay in one of their hotels, but we needed more space so we stayed in a condo. We again had a great trip, the condo had everything we needed and the reservation specialists made booking our trip extremely easy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed August 19, 2013

If you want the very basics in a condo, like a working toilet, clean sheets, and lights with working light bulbs, this is NOT the condo for you. I walked in after checking in to the Phoenix II and flushed the toilet to see if it worked. (I've had problems two other times in different Phoenix condos.) The toilet would not flush. Not even a little. I called immediately to report it. Was told, "We'll send someone up to fix it." An hour and a half later, nothing. I called back. was told that they did not have a work order on it but they would put it in and someone would be "right up to fix it." An hour and a half later, nothing again. I called for a third time and insisted that the order be placed in and I get a call back to confirm when maintenance would be up to fix the problem. I got a call back that said it would be about 11:00 pm. (8 hours after check in time.) I informed the lady that I had plans that did not include sitting in my condo while waiting on a repair. She told me to go ahead with my plans that the maintenance man would have a key. I did. I returned to my condo at 1:00 am to find the toilet had not been fixed. I went to the front desk and complained. The girl working the front desk told me that everyone left at 10:30pm and she did not know anything about it. She then told me no one could help me until the next morning, When I needed to use the restroom, I had to go across the street to Live Bait. I told her to make sure a manager called me at 8:00 am the next morning. I called the main officer and asked to speak to a manager. I got a weekend supervisor and explained the situation. I refused to get off the phone until she placed the work order to have my toilet fixed. It was fixed at 9:00 am. (17 hours AFTER check in time. ALSO, I got in my bed the first night and pulled the covers up, I felt sand all in the bed on the sheets in the lower half of the bed. I had not been near sand. The sheets had obviously not been washed. I had to sleep on the sofa both nights I was there because the bed was filthy. I repeatedly asked to speak to a manager or have a manager call me. I was never able to get a manager on the phone. At check out the man working the desk said he had talked with a manager and they told him to refund $50.00 on my stay. I paid $602 for two nights. So for $552 I got a condo with dirty bedding and no toilet. I have been a loyal Brett/Robinson customer for years. I have stayed with them 7 to 12 times a year for almost a decade. Nobody that a spoke to cared at all about these problems. I will never use Brett/Robinson properties again.

Room Tip: When you see the label, "Brett/Robinson", go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Terry R
Thomasville, Alabama
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We have rented through BRETT/ROBINSON VACATIONS for the past 5+ years and we have never been disappointed with our condo!!! This year we chose to stay in Phoenix II, room P2-2097. As soon as the four of us walked in, we knew we had made the right choice! The colors chosen for the décor was very warm and inviting! The view from our balcony rendered a dolphin show in the ocean every morning. We also enjoyed the convenience of having grocery stores, Great restaurants, and local boutique shopping close enough that it didn't take a 20-30min drive...it only took 5+ minutes. Thank you again to Brett/Robinson Vacations for helping us find the condo rental perfect for the relaxing beach trip we needed! I HIGHLY recommend this condo for your vacation!

Room Tip: The room on the 9th floor enables you to enjoy the dolphins in the ocean!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We absolutely love comin to orange beach, we look forward the trip every year. we have turned into quite the beach bums. We have rented from Brett Robinson the last years and have not been disappointed. Always pleasant and easy. The beaches and restaurants are amazing. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
Illinois
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We rented through Brett/Robinson Vacations at the Phoenix II, room 2117 - the booking experience itself was great, the staff was very friendly - we got down a little earlier than the check-in time and they sent us a text when the room was ready :) When we walked into the condo, it was very nice, very clean and the view was absolutely beautiful!!! We walked onto the balcony and there was the beach!! We enjoyed every minute of our stay, the beach was great, when the kids got done swimming in the gulf, they would swim in the pool. It was all clean and a very nice place to stay. I would absolutely recommend this place to family and friends and everyone! We will be going back again!! Again, thanks to Brett/Robinson Vacations and the staff at the Phoenix II for making our trip hassle free and we could enjoy it!! :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our trip began with a plus from interaction with Brett/Robinson Vacations with whom we booked. First a potential family emergency impacting our reservation was addressed in a very understanding and accomodating manner by Mary in reservations; upon arrival we had a couple of issues with the condo and each was handled in a plesant way by the first morning! We chose a two bedroom unit, the layout provided "space" for grandson and his electronics and "space" for adults as well. We used the kitchen a lot and found it very adequate for our morning full breakfast each day and the opportunity to prepare the wonderful fresh local seafood as well. One of our biggest priorities for vacation is beach/Gulf view. Our condo was 2105 (10th floor) which gave us an excellent panoramic view from both the master bedroom and living room; the sun up and sun down are beautiful. Grandson enjoyed the pool, parking was actually very good and the elevators worked surprisingly well. These are mentioned in part because of the improvement we enjoyed here as compared to prior year stays in Destin. The furnishings and bath room were a little dated but quite adequate. The bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed the local entertainment/fresh seafood and dining! We do plan to return next year for our third visit.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiter and provide the best view! Review the room photos on line; questions on a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family