“The Wharf is PERFCT!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wharf

The Wharf
“The Wharf is PERFCT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Loved staying at The Wharf! The condo (PH 2209) was the most beautifully decorated place we have ever stayed in. Top floor. Views were great. Condo amenities were outstanding. Location of the Wharf is great. Yea, we had to drive three miles to the ocean, but to have the dining, pool movie theater, and shopping all within an elevator ride was wonderful. Highly recommend the destination, the people at The Wharf Vacation Rentals and especially this condo.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Thar757

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Denham Springs, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have stayed at The Wharf for the last three years and fall more in love with it each year. Everything is in walking distance once you get there. The pool area is wonderful!! It is so nice to be on vacation, park you car, and not have to leave again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jackie R
Canton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

We loved how quiet it was and our condo was extremely clean and well maintained. Liked the amenities but was unable to use them because we had bad rain storms but the pool area looked pretty cool. We will go back. Stayed in unit 912 and we recommend it.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Let me begin by saying we had a great time recently at The Wharf. Tropical Storm Debby left the beaches with double red flags (no swimming) so the onsite water park was fabulous. Some good restaurants in the resort, too. The condo was nice, with a great view of the intercoastal waterway. Security was excellent, too. You couldn't get to the condo floors (three and above) within a punch code. All in all, lots going for it.

My one con would be the cleanliness of the bathroom. Lots of mildew around the bathtub faucets and shower curtain. Kind of "ew". Not sure we'll stay here again, but it was still a good time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Julie S
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

This may be a great place to stay, but my recent experience will keep me from ever staying at this place. I had made a reservation for a couple nights in July and due to a change in travel plans, I had to cancel about 40 days outside of the reservation. They charged me $85 to cancel this! When I made the resevation, the girl typed in my incorrect email address, so I never even got a confirmation with the terms of the reservation. She never informed me of any non-refundable booking and reservation fees. Yet, I am out $85. When I called, they did agree to take $30 off of it and admitted they were sorry, but this was not handled right. The money is not that much so not a huge deal. But the principle of how this happened and how they handled it is not acceptable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Thomas S
Piedmont, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

The best place to go period! You wont regret choosing the WHARF! Clean,Beautiful, WoW! BEST PLACE EVER!!!

Room Tip: Any room at the wharf is the BEST!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shea S
Ft. Lauderdale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Listen, I don't know what some of these folks who wrote negative feedback experienced, but me and my husband absolutely loved the Wharf. We were there October 2010 and have not stopped talking about it yet. As a matter of fact, the only reason why I stopped by this site was to see if I could find something similar to The Wharf only because we don't want to go back to a place we've already been before experiencing more options!

The Wharf is an entertainment complex consisting with its own upscale, "first run" movie theater, Ferris wheel, Lazer Tag Center, bars, restaurants (From pizza to seafood and everything in between), unique boutique shops and services (Nail shop, hair salons etc). Truth is once you check in, you really don't have to leave the complex for anything.

The Pool area, while yes separated from the condos is truly an "Oasis" of its own. Resort style pool with a magnificent lazy river, hammocks and quite little nooks you can make your own relaxation spot. Food and beverages are sold on location and its really a nice fun day activity in its own. This was my favorite part of the resort.

Our room was spacious, privately owned condo that exhibited ownership pride. We enjoyed a marvelous balcony overlooking the intercostal waterway with an amazing gas grill. It was fully stocked and very comfortable with upscale furnishings and amenities. Check-in was seem less on a very busy graduation weekend (I was receiving my degree from CSU).

We live in Fort Lauderdale, Fl, but the beaches in Orange Beach, Alabama was the best ever. The sand is like powder, piled high and amazingly soft. There was a free Bon Jovi (I think that was the rock group) concert on the beach that night, so it was a bit crowded....but that was to be expected.

Our overall experience was amazing and we will return most likely with our entire family. It exceeded our expectations and as a "germaphobic" (drives my hubby crazy), I am very hard to please!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple