WINNER WONDERLAND

The Wharf
Canton, Georgia
“Loved It.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

We loved how quiet it was and our condo was extremely clean and well maintained. Liked the amenities but was unable to use them because we had bad rain storms but the pool area looked pretty cool. We will go back. Stayed in unit 912 and we recommend it.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Let me begin by saying we had a great time recently at The Wharf. Tropical Storm Debby left the beaches with double red flags (no swimming) so the onsite water park was fabulous. Some good restaurants in the resort, too. The condo was nice, with a great view of the intercoastal waterway. Security was excellent, too. You couldn't get to the condo floors (three and above) within a punch code. All in all, lots going for it.

My one con would be the cleanliness of the bathroom. Lots of mildew around the bathtub faucets and shower curtain. Kind of "ew". Not sure we'll stay here again, but it was still a good time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie S
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

This may be a great place to stay, but my recent experience will keep me from ever staying at this place. I had made a reservation for a couple nights in July and due to a change in travel plans, I had to cancel about 40 days outside of the reservation. They charged me $85 to cancel this! When I made the resevation, the girl typed in my incorrect email address, so I never even got a confirmation with the terms of the reservation. She never informed me of any non-refundable booking and reservation fees. Yet, I am out $85. When I called, they did agree to take $30 off of it and admitted they were sorry, but this was not handled right. The money is not that much so not a huge deal. But the principle of how this happened and how they handled it is not acceptable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Thomas S
Piedmont, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

The best place to go period! You wont regret choosing the WHARF! Clean,Beautiful, WoW! BEST PLACE EVER!!!

Room Tip: Any room at the wharf is the BEST!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shea S
Ft. Lauderdale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Listen, I don't know what some of these folks who wrote negative feedback experienced, but me and my husband absolutely loved the Wharf. We were there October 2010 and have not stopped talking about it yet. As a matter of fact, the only reason why I stopped by this site was to see if I could find something similar to The Wharf only because we don't want to go back to a place we've already been before experiencing more options!

The Wharf is an entertainment complex consisting with its own upscale, "first run" movie theater, Ferris wheel, Lazer Tag Center, bars, restaurants (From pizza to seafood and everything in between), unique boutique shops and services (Nail shop, hair salons etc). Truth is once you check in, you really don't have to leave the complex for anything.

The Pool area, while yes separated from the condos is truly an "Oasis" of its own. Resort style pool with a magnificent lazy river, hammocks and quite little nooks you can make your own relaxation spot. Food and beverages are sold on location and its really a nice fun day activity in its own. This was my favorite part of the resort.

Our room was spacious, privately owned condo that exhibited ownership pride. We enjoyed a marvelous balcony overlooking the intercostal waterway with an amazing gas grill. It was fully stocked and very comfortable with upscale furnishings and amenities. Check-in was seem less on a very busy graduation weekend (I was receiving my degree from CSU).

We live in Fort Lauderdale, Fl, but the beaches in Orange Beach, Alabama was the best ever. The sand is like powder, piled high and amazingly soft. There was a free Bon Jovi (I think that was the rock group) concert on the beach that night, so it was a bit crowded....but that was to be expected.

Our overall experience was amazing and we will return most likely with our entire family. It exceeded our expectations and as a "germaphobic" (drives my hubby crazy), I am very hard to please!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lawanda H
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed in one of their boat slips for an overnight stay while coastal cruising. Very nice facility and an absolutely fantastic oyster bar right next to the rental office. Originally planned to dine out somewhere else, but after spotting this oyster bar I just planted my but on a bar stool for a cold draft beer and two dozen raw oysters. As a matter of fact, I so enjoyed the oysters here I came back the next day for another dozen. The dock amenities are in very good shape and as usual the fellow transients were very friendly. The marina/dock staff are very helpful not only with refueling, they are great at helping you re-ice your boat and almost insist upon letting you sit back while they do all the work. They are safety oriented and just down right good at their job. Good place for a stopover after coming out of Mobile Bay or back from Pensacola Beach.

Room Tip: Did not stay in a room. Stayed in a Marina Boat Slip.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Rome, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

The property is very nice with a variety of shops, restaurants, and even a movie theatre. The pool area is unbelievable, but the downside is that you have to ride a golf cart shuttle or drive to get to the pool area from the condos. Also bringing your own cooler with outside food or drinks (even water) isn't allowed so it can get pretty pricey on a really hot day! There isn't a lot of shade in the pool area.
The reasons I rated The Wharf as average are when we arrived to check in the agent at the desk was on the phone on a personal phone call and let me stand there and wait for a few minutes. Every time I went back to ask a question or check out she was still on a personal phone call. Upon arrival, our paperwork said to do an inspection of the condo to make sure everything was in good condition otherwise you're responsible. I had to call and then go back and report that a closet door had come off the track at the bunkbeds and was lying against the wall and our balcony door wouldn't open. When I went and reported in person, someone did come to fix these issues. I've dealt with this rental company in the past and had good experiences but I might check elsewhere first next time. The condo seemed a little hastily cleaned. There was mildew in the grout in the shower. Things seemed a little dingy in the room. I know this is the experience in just one condo, so others may be totally different.
I use TA all the time and wish I had been able to get more info on this property so that's why I wanted to be sure to leave a detailed review of the condo.
This property is better suited to those who like to be active with shopping and other activities during their vacation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family