“Excellent!”

Big Fish Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 147 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Big Fish offers a vast variety of FRESH seafood, premium cut steaks, and a very desirable sushi menu. We have a large wine and cocktail menu. Our open-kitchen concept creates a nice buzz. We have beautiful bar setting for meeting friends and clients. Our courtyard is great for beautiful days and evenings. Let us help you make Big Fish your #1 dining choice!
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Not what you would expect in a strip mall but we went here based on a recommendation from a few locals on our sail boat cruise. It was my best meal of our vacation! Fresh local fish choices prepared in a variety of ways.

TripleLproductions, Owner at Big Fish Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Hi Rhonda R--

I am very happy to hear that we were able to provide you with your best meal on your your vacation. It's also very nice to hear that we were recommended by one of our local businesses. Thank you for your review and I hope that you will be dining with us again soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We ate here last night as our 3rd choice of restaurants because the wait at other places was too long. We only waited about 20 minutes to be seated here, but it was all downhill after that.

Our waitress seemed completely spaced out. We ordered 8 waters and a sprite. It took her several attempts to remember the sprite. It then took our food 45 minutes to be delivered and the gumbo was terrible and the swordfish was undercooked and not seasoned. They took those two things off the bill, apologized, and offered to bring something else, but since it was already after 10pm we really went interested in waiting on more food.

The sushi was good though.

I'm sure there are much better choices in Orange Beach!!

Afs0812--

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. Big Fish isn't for everyone and i'm sure we can't please everyone. I'd like to say that our recipes are for a more sophisticated palate. We want our guests to taste the ingredients and the freshness of the fish--not how much sauce that can be covered on it. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our sushi. I wish we could have done more to make you happy as compared to the majority of our other reviews.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

My family and I had an excellent first experience at Big Fish. We had absolutely amazing service! I really wish I could remember the gentleman's name. He did mention he was a manager. He was very informative about the menu and happy to answer all questions. The food was great! I had the sesame seed seared ahi tuna and it was AMAZING! Others is our group had the holy shrimp, crab cakes, and ribeye steak which were all very good. We got there around 5:30 - 6:00 on a Friday night with a party of six and we were seated immediately. There was a crowd waiting by the time we left, but that is not surprising considering the great service and food. Do yourself a favor and make a visit to Big Fish!

1  Thank MBH136

Hi MBH 136--

First I would like to thank you for such an awesome review. The server's namet ha you mentioned is Jeff. He is definitely the server that is well versed in our menu and knows exactly how to treat each and every guest as if they were his relative. I'm glad you were able to get seated promptly on a Friday night and I am also glad that you enjoyed your evening with us! We hope you will be returning again soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Big Fish is a fresh seafood haven, with a bit of oriental flair, and a trendy-looking interior. It's not a fried seafood joint.

My wife and I ate here while spending the weekend at the beach. She had a caesar salad appetizer which had nice, green, crisp lettuce and fresh parmesan. I had a sashimi sampler as my appetizer. It had about six different types of fish and was as good as any I've had the past many years.

For an entree, my wife had shrimp on a bed of ever-so-slightly spicy Thai noodles. The portion was large, and her bowl was clean at the finish.

I had the daily special - blackened amberjack, with a variety of seafood and vegetable accouterments on a bed of mashed potatoes. It was fantastic.

The menu is extensive. You are not forced into oriental-style dishes if that's not your thing. The wine list is also extensive, which has an unusually large number of wines sold by the glass.

I felt more like I was in a trendy Atlanta restaurant, as opposed to lil' ole' Orange Beach. This is a great place for couples, dates, celebrations, and for urban types who want more than a typical fried seafood joint.

Hi Fairhope Fred--

WOW! Now that's a GREAT review. Thank you so much for those kind words. It really means alot when our guests notice so many details that are put into our efforts in showing our guests a great experience. It's folks like you that make this business all worth it!

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for something a little different than all the places that people say that you've got to go to. We chose Big Fish and it was good. It is in a mini strip building, but don't let that fool you, when you walk in you would not know it. The decor is nice and it feels upscale but feels very casual. My wife had a dirty martini and said that it was very good. Prices felt a bit high to me, but I would say on par with a place like this along a tourist area. Our server was Jason and we all felt that he was great, definitely helped with choosing the five star rating.

1  Thank Kirven1

Hi Kirven1--

Thank you so much for the 5STAR rating! I also thank you for over-looking the strip mall aesthetics. I am very happy that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and hope that you will be dining with us again soon!