“Excellant food, great atmosphere, slow kitchen.....”

Cobalt The Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 146 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come experience contemporary coastal cuisine at its best. Cobalt, The Restaurant, located in Orange Beach, features authentic dishes crafted by renowned chefs in three distinct kitchens. Nestled under the Perdido Bay Bridge, next to Caribe Resort, guests can enjoy a spectacular view of the bay from every table. For those who wish to approach by water, there are numerous boat slips available for small boats as well as medium-sized yachts. However you choose to arrive, Cobalt offers a casual and relaxing atmosphere with waterfront dining, live music and superior service. Open for daily for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Our family recently vacationed on the Gulf Coast as we do every summer. On the recommendation of a friend, we had dinner at Cobalt with another couple. I ordered the Grouper over risotto with a Caesar Salad and an addition of fried shrimp. The food was excellent, and the sun was setting in the background for a relaxing view. My only complaint is the restaurant was clearly understaffed - kitchen and servers. It took over 45 minutes to get our food. The server was aware of this fact and kept us updated on its progress. The kitchen was overwhelmed. As we left, other customers were kept waiting although there were plenty of open tables. Management needs to aggressively hire to meet the demands of the restaurant. We weren't in a hurry so I otherwise enjoyed the dining experience. The quality of the food more than made up for the wait. I would add that the restaurant is family friend and beach casual.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We visit Cobalt several times each year for what traditionally is a very good meal. However, we visited Thursday night and the meal all around was subpar. Naturally the view of the bay is great and did not disappoint. We'll visit again this summer though and hope for what has traditionally been a great meal.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife and I and my business partner and his wife had dinner here last night for the first time. The wait was a little over an hour, which is normal on a weekend at a nice restaurant at the beach. We had the Firecracker shrimp and the crab dip for appetizers. I recommend both, but the Firecracker shrimp were a party favorite period. In fact they were probably the best thing we had all night. We all had caesar salad. I had the paneed grouper with blue crab topping, over mashed potatoes mixed with english peas, as well as the bacon grits and greens (The only bad choice was the greens. I personally love all greens being a southern boy, but this is not the place to get them.). My wife had the shrimp fra diavolo. My business partner had the filet and his wife had the gulf grilled shrimp. We were all happy with our meals and the service was amazing. I would recommend sitting outside if you go at night, the view is amazing, and the breeze coming through the pass off of the gulf makes you feel like you should while dining at the beach.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is the very best place to eat in Orange Beach, Al and view the beautiful island sunsets. The location and views are beautiful! The food is very good, you can eat indoors or out on the beautiful patio,and the have live music most nights. What is not to love?

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

went for dinner and had an hour wait on a Wednesday evening but plenty of waiting areas that were amply staffed. beautiful Resturant decor and amazing view of Robinson island! Food selections were nice and price was not too bad..kids meals about $6, Husband had special (trigger fish-$26) that was outstanding, son had grilled chicken Caesar salad ($10 and very big), I opted for the marguerita pizza ($12 was ok but lacking a lot of flavor). Service was outstanding and kids even had virgin daquaris $4 each and very big) which made them feel special. Crab and shrimp dip was outstanding. overall great experience and can understand why the place was packed :)

1  Thank Familyfunforfive