“One of the nicer venues on the waterfront”

Cobalt The Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 150 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come experience contemporary coastal cuisine at its best. Cobalt, The Restaurant, located in Orange Beach, features authentic dishes crafted by renowned chefs in three distinct kitchens. Nestled under the Perdido Bay Bridge, next to Caribe Resort, guests can enjoy a spectacular view of the bay from every table. For those who wish to approach by water, there are numerous boat slips available for small boats as well as medium-sized yachts. However you choose to arrive, Cobalt offers a casual and relaxing atmosphere with waterfront dining, live music and superior service. Open for daily for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have stopped here twice for lunch and been very happy. So happy this last time, that we over-ordered and had to take one entire meal home with us. The firecracker shrimp are a meal unto themselves. Unless you have good self-control or more than 2 diners, take care not to fill up on them before your entree arrives. Easy to say...hard to do!

The bison and blue cheese burger is my favorite, although the grilled cheese is a close second. We will definitely be back and will recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,114)

Reviewed September 30, 2012

From the gigantic flat saltwater aquarium to the jazz duo providing live music, to the soaring modern architecture, Cosmos makes a great impression. Even more importantly the food knocks a home run.

I enjoyed a dozen baked oysters and my wife had the grouper. The oysters were fresh, tastefully prepared, and very good. My wife's grouper was fantastic. The wait staff was attentive and the drink selections were plentiful . Parking is a challenge in the small lot next to the restaurant...but rest assured there is plenty of parking across the street under the bridge.

This is one restaurant that has mooring so that you can take a boat to the restaurant.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is one of our go to places in Orange Beach. Not only is it next door to our condo, its always good. We have always had great service and the food has always been worth the wait. Go early or late if you dont want to wait and hour for a table. The wait is always worth it though.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This restaurant is very nice however the night I went I seemed to have a problem with the menu. There didn't seem to be anything "speicial" that really make my stomach say...."hey I want that ." Plus alot of the choices didn't even have a price listed...it says MARKET PRICE...Excuse me ...but when I eat I would like to know the price before I get the check.

I'm not really a red meat eater but decided on the Pepercorn Filet. First bite I was like "oh, my god, burn my mouth"....second bite same thing...then I realized it was the pepercorn...after attempting to scrape the peppercorns off found it was actually a tasty cut of meat. There were 3 others in my group that felt the same way...So maybe the message to the restaurant would be great filet....don't mess if up with all those peppercorns!!!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The service and management was horrible. 45- 1hr waits on Saturdays, that turned into 1-2hr waits, management excuse was were under staffed. Well, it's the weekend man don't you know you are going to need extra staff. Waiter basically ignored our table and the tables around us, and waited on tables on younger girls drinking and partying, no problem but at least take our order. After complaining , the sent us another waiter who told us to our face that this is not his usual section and it might take another half hour to take our order, Really, got up and walked out, as many other behind us, manager just shrugged his shoulders at us. Went to Grazies, good service, minimal wait.

1  Thank fishboy66