“Great Food, Great Specials” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cobalt The Restaurant

Cobalt The Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 135 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come experience contemporary coastal cuisine at its best. Cobalt, The Restaurant, located in Orange Beach, features authentic dishes crafted by renowned chefs in three distinct kitchens. Nestled under the Perdido Bay Bridge, next to Caribe Resort, guests can enjoy a spectacular view of the bay from every table. For those who wish to approach by water, there are numerous boat slips available for small boats as well as medium-sized yachts. However you choose to arrive, Cobalt offers a casual and relaxing atmosphere with waterfront dining, live music and superior service. Open for daily for lunch and dinner.
Foley, Alabama
“Great Food, Great Specials”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

A group of us went to Colbalt on a recent Friday night. The weather was lousy, but the food was great. We all ordered off the Sunset Menu (4-6) which offered considerable savings off the regular menu. I had the grilled Shrimp with grits and it was wonderful. I also added a salad. Other members had the catfish (delicious) and the beef served with fried eggplant (also good). Food presntation was excellent and the server was attentive and efficient. We will go again. The only problem with the restaurant are the acoustics. The room is large and open with high ceilings and the place is just noisy. If the weather is good, opt to eat out on the deck for better conversation.

• Visited February 2012

Mobile, Alabama
“Unbelievable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Since Cobalt's was next to the condo, we started our weekend of fun there. We had a wonderful waitress who remembered everyone's order perfectly. Her recommendations were wonderful. The Tournadoes of Beef with white cheddar, poblano grit cakes and grilled eggplant with crispy oyster topping was to die for. It was too much for one person. The grilled jumbo Gulf shrimp with the white cheddar poblano grits was great. One of the group had the Paneed Gulf Grouper with sweet pea and asparagus risotto with sautéed blue crab. It was so well done! We enjoyed it so much we went back the next night. We had a different waiter but he was just as wonderful as the first. We swapped our food choices up except one of the group get the build-your-own pizza. She said it was too big for one person but it was great. The wines were great, also. We had a New Zeeland wine that was absolutely divine and I know nothing about wine! Cobalt’s will go on my repeat restaurant list. I know during the season it will be packed but if you are anywhere near Orange Beach, AL and are hungry go to Cobalt’s. You will have to be the customer from hell to be unhappy there.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Librarian2007
Humble, Texas, USA
“Unique place, outstanding food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Very friendly and knowledgeable wait staff. Varied selections and excellent food.

Visited January 2012
Pensacola, Florida
“Beautiful view and top notch service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

We have eaten here twice and both times enjoyed the food. The location is great and what a wonderful hidden nugget under the bridge. Enjoyed the theme menu's. I would highly recomend it if you are in the area.

• Visited January 2012
Kansas
“Busy night- just ok food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

I was hear the night before NYE and it was packed. I ate at the bar and was served quickly. However, I was not impressed with the flavor/quality of the food. It wasn't bad, it simply did not meet my expectations. My high expectations were a result of some reviews I had read, local recommendations, the decor of the interior and their prices. I might go back but I would hesitate to recommend.

Visited December 2011