“The Hotel it self was good.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Orange Beach

Fairfield Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
Alabama
“The Hotel it self was good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2009

Was not please with the cleaning service we got in our room. Did not change the sheets and pillow cases. Only left few towels should have left four,no shampoo and soap just for one day. When we pay the amount they want for a night I feel like we should have got better service in our room. We told the people at the desk the day we notice the sheet were the same sheets we,ve been sleeping on and the said the would take care of it.They never did.I am a Marriot Card holder but will not go back to that one. Foe 179.00 a night I will go somewhere else that will help me when I report somthing. When we check out I told the girl at the desk that they never change our sheet or brought us towels and she said sorry. I have stayed in many Fairfield Inn. but this one was not my favorite.
Thank.You. The Allison

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Albany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2009

My husband and I spent a week at the Fairfield Inn at Orange Beach and were very pleased with our visit.

It is a new hotel beautifully appointed with a very friendly, professional staff. It is conveniently located in the heart of Orange Beach.

The hotel lived up to it's reputation - the bed, linens and towels were all plush and extremely comfortable. The pool and spa area was very relaxing and inviting with eye appealing landscaping. The temperature of the pool water was perfect - not too hot or cold! The fitness area had top of the line equipment. A simple walk across the street and down a boardwalk took us directly to the beach, which was exquisite. Restaurants, a deli and stores are within walking distance, so some days we never had to drive the car! We had a wonderful vacation and look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BeachGal46
Baton Rouge, La
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

I have the responsibility of putting on a golf tournament for my company every year that hosts about 100 participants. We always stay in Gulf Shores or Orange Beach but since this hotel is so new we have never stayed here before. I must say out of all the hotels we have stayed at over the last 22 years of putting this event on, I have NEVER had a nicer hotel host my event. We were blown away with the accommodations and exemplary service. I have already booked my event at this hotel again for next year because everything was so incredible. I was so impressed by the room accommodations I thought I was staying in a 5 star hotel, in fact I just got back from the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta on a business trip and these rooms were nicer and more comfortable than the Hyatt's at half the cost! The actual rooms were so new and clean it felt like I was the 1st person to ever stay in it. The beds were awesome and the NEW Flat Screen TV was a fantastic and unexpected perk. The pool area was fantastic, highlighted by an awesome sound system! But with the Beach so close and complementary shuttle service waiting for you at the front desk, the pool wasn't top priority for us! After the trip I have never received so many calls and e-mails from participants at this year's event complementing me on the hotel choice. That speaks volumes to how enjoyable of an experience we had at this brand new hotel in the heart of Orange Beach. We can't wait to get back to the Fairfield when they host us again for next years tournament and Mullet Toss!!! It was the best experience we have had in 22 years of putting this event on. THANK YOU!!

• Stayed April 2009
Tuscaloosa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2009

I recently traveled to Orange Beach for a mini-vacation. I found that the Fairfield Inn & Suites was the perfect spot for a relaxing vacation. The staff were all amazing they were so nice and positive. The breakfast was outstanding for a limited service property. You can make your own waffle!!! The rooms are so colorful and fits in perfectly with the atmosphere of being at the beach unlike other places that have boring pastel decor. The hotel is located across the street from the beach but they provide a complimentary golf cart shuttle that transports you to the boardwalk. The pool and jacuzzi were very nice and you have a few of the bay! It is super convenient to everything (shopping, dining, the Wharf, beach, groceries) Overall my stay was wonderful I would definitely recommend the Fairfield Inn and Suites to everyone!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beachloverTuscaloosa
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

I guess on the beach means across the street behind a supermarket. Who would build a hotel in this location?

Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank AngryHands
st. louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2009

We're Marriott points people so we had an added incentive to stay at this new Fairfield Inn & Suites which we found to be first rate: everything is brand new, smells brand new and looks brand new. It's also the first Marriott hotel in Orange Beach which the front desk staff was proud of stating. Our room had a balcony view of the big lake (we didn't know it was back there) on the rear side of the hotel which is where the outdoor heated pool/jacuzzi is located-Big pool deck too, very roomy. Also, the location was perfect for us as we were able to walk to several of our favorite restaurants like Hazel's and Franco's and to Winn Dixie for groceries. We drove to the Wharf two times but otherwise sort of stayed at the hotel. The price was right too. In the past we have spent over $200/ night to stay at one of the other limited service hotels at the beach like the older Holiday Inn Express but grew tired of the hotel smell, dated rooms and cramped conditions. Spending a vacation at a brand new facility is always nice and this was true here. The free breakfast included waffles which made our kids happy. The rooms were big and the A/C was cold. They have access to the beach via a boardwalk (and a golf cart shuttle they said would be operational in April) located across from Hazel's Restaurant which we used but found it so windy at the ocean that we stayed up at the hotel pool most of the week which was protected from the wind. My wife walked on the treadmill every morning in the fitness center and said it was fine with the new equipment and t.v's but the green carpet was sort of bright. The staff was very nice-Overall a great experience. BTW: On the last night there we found out they had laundry washer & dryer on each floor which helped enormously.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Nashville, Tn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2009

Arrived at Hotel.Representative on phone assured me hotel was on beach, which was not. Disappointment #1. Hotel also ranked of undetermined odor. Had booked hotel with with debit card, had explained that we would be paying full balance in cash. Hotel employee serving as reservations manager acted "clueless", informed me that entire balance must be paid on card upon arrival. I offered to pay additional funds to cover any additional expenses that might incur. Hotel employee would not accept. Left hotel and spent one glorious week at the Holiday Inn Express across the street in a Gulf Front room.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
BEST WESTERN on the Beach
BEST WESTERN on the Beach
#3 of 24 in Gulf Shores
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,078 reviews

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Orange Beach? Share your experiences!