“When Work Takes You to the Beach, Stay Here”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
Mississippi
“When Work Takes You to the Beach, Stay Here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

If you look at most of my other reviews, you'll see that my work takes me all around the world--usually to some very interesting places. For a while in September and October, however, this time I would be pretty close to home. I spent about 14 nights overall working here, and I would definitely stay here again if I came back.

As a brief aside, it's very close to the beach, so I would probably choose it for leisure, as well, if the price was right.

Breakfast had a great variety every day. The workout room was modest, but it did have a few cardio machines, all of which have a personal tv mounted on them. The rooms were good like you would expect. One note: if TV quality is important to you, you should go elsewhere. The picture is fuzzy to the point of it being distracting. If you don't care about that, you'll be fine.

The staff were friendly, and I felt comfortable there. For a business traveler who might spend extended periods there, the proximity to nearby grocery stores is a major plus.

I would recommend it, and I will stay here again, but there are probably hotels nearby that are doing as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Lawrence H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We visited the area for a few days and stayed at this hotel due to the great price. The rooms were great as you expect from a Marriott brand. They have a Continental breakfast with the normal items as well as packaged breakfast sandwiches you can heat in the microwave. The entire staff were very nice and helpful especially the lady setting up the breakfast area. I would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Clarksat35
canmore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Glad we made our reservation on line ahead, the hotel was full on the night we stayed. A short walk across the main road to the beach. The hotel even offers a shuttle service by gold cart over there. Nice for families with small children or seniors. By far the best selection on an included breakfast we had on this trip (9 hotels in 12 nights). Comfy bed, nice linens. Rather small pool but it was low season and a little cool for the locals so it wasn't crowded. Check out the turtles in the bay, just don't feed them! Walking distance to strip mall close by.

Room Tip: Don't pay more for the beach view, you'll see more of the parking lot. The backside over lo...
2 Thank canmorebackpacker
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

For the 2nd year my family met in Orange Beach for an all adult, week long vacation. We were impressed that much of the same staff were still at the hotel from the prior year and were as friendly and helpful as last year. We had rooms with small patios and were able to enjoy the view while relaxing. The free breakfast was very good , the staff friendly and accomodating with all requests. We took advantage of the breakfast area every night to play some lively board and card games. The weather was perfect not hot or too cool. We ate great food and enjoyed the restaurants suggested by the staff. Our rooms were clean and well maintained. We are already planning our trip for next year and plan to stay here again.

1 Thank Linda H
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Set back on the other side of the beach road but a short walk (or free ride if you can't or don't want to walk 100 yards) this is a clean and crisp modern hotel. Decent room sizes some with balconies facing the back of the condos on the beach or the lagoon at the back. Although free (as of course it should always be) the wifi is pathetic barely managing 1 mb. We were told I is due an upgrade and I hope so. The pool situated at the back of the hotel is mostly in the shade all day though the seating around it, providing you don't mind playing musical loungers is mostly I'm the sun. The pool is nested to bath temperature so I guess that makes up for it. As with so many hotels (and thus not singled out here) I do wish they would invest in crockery for the breakfast, I have grown very tired of eating off polystyrene and using plastic cutlery - it is really tacky and seems incredibly wasteful. A cheap upgrade would add so much more class. The staff were very friendly and all in all for a chain hotel, of which we have stayed in 10 in the last 6 weeks, it's a cut above most... Just. (one small caveat watch out for room 202, a nice room but right next to, I think, the pool heater fan and go off for ten seconds every minute all through the night and led to me plugging my ears) heavens knows why it need to do this.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony probably facing the lagoon and avoid 202 if you want a peaceful night
1 Thank TonyChevrefeuille
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed overnight. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There were extra pillows in the room as was requested.
The complimentary continental breakfast was wonderful. There wee cold and hot items available. The attendant there was delightful and was eager to assist us.
I love the decor and color palate that is being used. It is very pleasant and comfortable to the eye. A real improvement for Fairfield Inns that are using it. We will definitely stay here again

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Robert G
Clarksdale, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay.. The staff was so nice and it was so clean. It right across from all the restaurants and the beach is right across the street. I will be going back for my family vacation next year. I very good hotel.

• Stayed September 2012