“Great Stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
“Great Stay”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Was in Orange Beach for a little R & R. I've never heard of Orange Beach until recently. It's clearly a "snowbird" location. There are a lot of elderly people driving and walking so you must becareful because there aren't sidewalks for their safety. Fairfield Inn is a very clean hotel but getting there was a little confusing because it didn't show up on my GPS. Michael at the front desk was so gracious. Perdido Beach Blvd is a main strip, Loop Rd is a small side street. Once you see Hazel's Buffet make that turn. It's a small strip mall with Cafe Beignets. Great location, Good Time Tours leaves from behind Hazel's for a day trip to Bilouxi, MS (Hard Rock Cafe) for $10 and a $15 credit, not bad. Tanger Outlets in Foley, AL (about 20 minutes away) had pretty good deals. We had Valentine's dinner at Shipp's Harbor Grill but I will save that for another review. Great food. Yes, I will return and more than likely, I will stay at Fairfields.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stay away - Around 3:30 AM awaken by a loud noise coming from AC unit. Called the front desk received a "Thanks for bring this to our attention!" No offer of room change... Nothing!

Brought it up at check out... Only to be told... You're the guy! Thanks for bring this to our attention!

Employees don't care - Management no where to be found!

Stay-a-way!

Room Tip: Stay the the Hampton Inn across the street... A little bit more money but satisfaction guaranteed.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank 503jwt
Southport, NC
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This was my first stay at a Fairfield Inn, but if they are all like this one, I'll be back. All the staff were exceptionally friendly, and helpful. We loved how beautiful the design of the furnishings in guest rooms, lobby, and the breakfast area were. Speaking of breakfast, the selection of breakfast items were much better than any other hotel I have stayed at. There were too many items to list here. The breakfast lady, Wynee, was exceptional and made us feel welcome.
This hotel is not on the beach, but I was told that if you ask they will use a golf cart from the hotel to get you close. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were in room 109 which was smaller than the rooms on either side of us because there we A/C units...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Impalajohn
GA
Reviewed January 22, 2012

This hotel is a block off the gulf but with a gulf view from our fifth floor room. We were very happy staying here for 2 nights. This property is very, very clean and while the color scheme isn't what I'd choose, it is a very contemporary beach decor. The fridge and micro were just right for our tea and other beverages. We are collecting points and this was the closest Marriott to the beach. We'd stay there again. A nice breakfast is included and every member of the staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view. Also, eat dinner at Papa Roccos. It's delicious and...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We have stayed in many Marriott properties and we rank this among the best. The hotel looks new, is extremely clean and the hotel staff were helpful, friendly and accommodating. Upon arrival Josh was very welcoming and made us feel right at home. Extra towels and pillows were in our room (which we had requested when making the reservation). The room was pristine and inviting. My husband appreciated the fresh coffee in the lobby. The breakfast was nice and fresh and the dining area was cheerful and very clean as was the entire property. We were there the day after Christmas and while we did not use the outdoor pool and hot tub, those that did enjoyed the heated pool. I would give this a 10 star rating if I could. Thanks, Josh, and the rest of the staff for making our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Jane3614
Gadsden
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I spent New Years Eve here and simply had a really great trip. I liked it so much that I stayed an additional night! The proximity to the beach is one block away, but I could see the Gulf of Mexico from my room. This provided beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

I should say that the service is quite impeccable too. They are friendly and definitely went out of their way for me. My boyfriend is currently deployed and he had a bottle of champagne arranged to be left for me in the room (complete with a sweet card)! I never found out exactly which employees helped in this endeavor, but I will say that it touched my heart fondly.

The shopping centers close by provide easy access to any meals or snacks that you might want quickly. There are also plentiful bike/walking paths in the area.

This is an affordable option that provides cute beach charm within a cozy and safe atmosphere.

I fell in love with Orange Beach and Gulf Shores during this trip and will definitely stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites again in the future.

Room Tip: For a view: 5th floor facing the gulf For privacy: facing the pool
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Taryn B
Dadeville, Alabama
Reviewed November 19, 2011

My husband and I were delighted with our accomodations and the service was outstanding. The entire staff was extremely helpful and so friendly. The atmosphere and attitude of the staff was noticeably above and beyond the "norm". We highly recommend staying at this facility. Although it is not directly on the beach, it is just across the road and convenient to the Gulf State Park. There are several restaurants close by as well as shopping. We shall return!

Room Tip: Rooms on north side have a balcony overlooking water.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple