“Spacious & Great Views”

Bella Luna Condominiums
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in a 3600 square foot Penthouse on the top floor overlooking the river and bay.
Four large bedrooms each with a private bath make for a a great stay. Gourmet kitchen with complete set up allows for family meals in an at home setting. Flat screen tv's and wifi provides convenience. The covered seventy foot balcony is a great place to spend time and enjoy watching the boats in the bay. Four swimming pools 3 outside and one heated indoor. Reserved parking in the garage near the elevator, The unit could use a deep cleaning to bring it up to standard.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank TWB2006SSR

Reviewed June 20, 2013

A little background is that we're both professionals and we have 4 children ranging from 5 -12 yoa. My wife and I have been blessed to travel extensively and are experienced travellers. Each year involves a beach trip with the kids and we've stayed in some very nice places along the panhandle. This year, we knew someone who gave us a great deal on renting their 2 br condo at Bella Luna. We stayed for 1 week.

First, the positives. The outside of the building is gated and is very nice looking from the street. Each unit has one assigned, covered parking space and all parking spaces are conveniently located close to the elevators. The units are spacious and easily sleep 6-8 people. There are full kitchens which make it great for making breakfast, lunch and those mid day snacks. However, the positive review ends here.

First, the halls and common areas are filfthy. The halls are covered in large dark stains and it appears the carpets have not been cleaned in some time. We did not like walking barefooted in the building

Second, this is NOT a place to go with kids for MULTIPLE reasons but I will start with its proximity to the beach and the limited beach access. The condos are all located in the same building actress the street from the beach. In order to get to the beach you must cross a VERY congested and wide 5 lane highway. If we were here with no kids, it would not be as bad but it is DANGEROUS crossing the highway with kids and rolling a beach cart.

Once you get to the beach entrance across the street, it is nasty and is littered with vans, broken glass and trash. The boardwalk to the beach is very narrow and once you reach the beach, its another 50 yards to the water. All in all, its about a 200 yard walk from the elevators to the water. It is NOT convenient...at all..

A few other pet peeves is that there are no gas grills allowed at the units. We like to grill seafood, etc.. 2-3 times each week and the only grill(s) are located at the edge of the property. Also, the staff has a "care less" attitude about everything.

All in all, this place is NOT worth what is being charged for rentals and I would discourage anyone with kids from staying here. We won't be back. There are several other places along this part of the panhandle that are a MUCH better deal.

• Stayed: June 2013
8  Thank 754JJ754
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were told to leave a 120.00 check for cleaning lady upon our check out, but when we arrived there we found condo was not cleaned for us upon our arrival. Pillow cases had hair, and makeup on them from previous tenant, ceiling fans dusty, refrigerator filthy, ice machine has mold all in it. When we left, we wiped down all the counters, appliances, and even washed all the dishes, and took out the trash. When we took key to manager, she made the statement "she didnt know any one was staying in that condo". The owner of the condo did not tell cleaning lady we were going to be there for the week, so nothing was cleaned for us. Also the cleaning lady lied to owner of condo, telling her we left condo filthy. We took pictures of the mold, dust and filth upon our arrival. We will never stay here again. Very disappointed in the cleaning lady, lieing on us, and the owner treating us like we dont exist. I would rather stay in a hotel before i stayed in bella luna again.

Room Tip: Make sure condo is registered with condo association, not a private owner
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank camille1919
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Arrived at 12 midnight with wife and four exhausted children to find our 2 parking passes on counter. I told my wife I would put them on rear view mirror in am when woke up. Well I woke up around 11 and walked down to find a boot on my wheel. I walked to counter and the lady behind the desk was on her cell phone with her Bluetooth talking away(definitely not work related) finally she acknowledged me and I ask her if she knew who I needed to talk to about getting boot off. She laughed and said she was the one i needed to talk to and that I had to pay her $100 cash or check. Well I didn't have cash or check on me so she said I could walk down the road to atm. Not what I wanted to hear on my first day there especially at a place I just dropped $1500. Also let me add at no point was I contacted by anyone before the boot went on nor was there any type of warning sign. After calling the Realtor company I went through several times and several heated discussions with the staff and 3hrs later the boot came off. By this time I wasted the majority of my first day and obviously not happy. Before we left i did notice that they did put signs on doors about the boots. I think a boot on your vehicle is ridiculous especially when you have to have a code to even get on the property. Also the code to the beach gate didn't work, not good when you have to put 4 kids over fence. I will not stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012
7  Thank sacul6
Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

The condo is beautiful but the staff has so many stupid rules you can't have any fun! If you wanna have fun I def wouldn't stay here!

• Stayed: May 2012
6  Thank luisa22181
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Great vacation. Indoor pool great for the couple days it rained. Plenty Of pools to keep kids entertained while not at beach.
3br condo was plenty space with a balcony overlooking from one bedroom to the entire condo to the last bedroom.
3.5 bathrooms. Master had a huge bathroom w whirlpool tub and glass shower w 4 shower heads.
Wet bar w wine fridge, ice maker and wine storage.
The only negative factor was crossing the 5 lane hwy to cross to beach which really wasn't that big of an issue. There was traffic but not interstate speeding.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank shellie227
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Our family stayed for 4 nights in the Bella Luna 403. We coudn't have asked for anything better. There were 4 adults, and 4 kids (13, 8, 3, & 1 year olds) and we stayed very comfortably in a 2 bedroom. The kids enjoyed all 3 pools, especially the kiddie pool. They even had music playing over outside speakers at the pool! We had to walk across Perdido Blvd to the beach, but I would guess it was only about 100 yards. And it was a great beach! The view from our balcony was into the lagoon, so we had fun watching the boats, and the jetskis. And the sunset was AMAZING. Everything about this condo was amazing. We all agreed that we would book it again. The only drawback we could even think of was that there wasn't an onsite restaurant or bar.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
#6 of 42 in Orange Beach
Phoenix X
Phoenix X
#7 of 42 in Orange Beach

Been to Bella Luna Condominiums? Share your experiences!