“Not the cleanest of condos on the beach” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sugar Beach

Sugar Beach
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
“Not the cleanest of condos on the beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Me and the wife stayed here this last weekend. , in room 343 beach front. , room is outdated , tile floor needs replaced and had a odor in the room, we normally stay at one of the Phoenix condos which are a lot nicer than this place. But we went here for the cheaper price , so you get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jkdean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Point
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had the best time ever. Everyone was so very nice...very good beach access...can't
wait to go back. The sugar shak was amazing food at a reasonable price. The kitchen was very nice. We were able to cook on the grill by the pool.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I loved the staff at Sugar Beach. I actually stayed in 2 different unit. The 1st was average, but the the 2nd unit (359) was so warm and welcoming. I did not like, that there was really anything close, walking distance. This is a family place, Unfortunately, I went by myself. I will difinitely stay here again, but with company...

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Tammy F
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed in #347. One bedroom with a pullout for our 2 kids. It was clean with a view of the beach from the balcony. We loved it! It's small, but we weren't in it most of the time anyway, and the location is perfect. Full kitchen and easy access to the 3 charcoal grills at the complex. 4 pools at Sugar Beach, including a kids pool. And we met lots of nice people. Very cool place! The only down part was the parking garage. Lots of poles and small spaces. If you drive a big SUV, be prepared to navigate carefully!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Toby M
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Sugar Beach Condos in Unit 320 from 6/29-7/4. Overall, a fantastic stay. The room was clean and the location was perfect if you're in to beach access. The room was perfect for our situation. Nice kitchen, good balcony and an upstairs/loft area with a queen and a full sized bed. Service at the Sugar Shack was great for both kids and adults. Mixed drinks at a good price. Tremendous value here!! Will be back.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We've stayed here last two years and we love the location and price! We've rented on VRBO both times and have had great luck with a good property. This year we stayed in a two bedroom on the west side and we were very pleased.we have a decent view of the beach. For an entire week we only paid $1280 including taxes and cleaning fee.
I agree with the reviews about wifi not working but I could get a signal on the IPad but not iPhone 4.
There's a little on site place called Sugar Shack for hamburgers and hotdogs etc and even mixed drinks

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Before I give you the pros and cons, let me first tell you that I booked through price line.com. Do not book through them if you can avoid it. Try to book it through Brett Robinson realty. They own the updated condos. Sugar Sands ( the company that price line has you use) owns the rest. The condos owned by Sugar Sands are kind of a pain.

Pros: great location. Staff was super nice, and it is right on the beach. The sugar shack was great. Its next to the pools. You can order food, candy, drinks, and even alcoholic beverages. The condos are away from the heavy tourism. Price was decent since it was on the beach.

Cons: very out dated condo. I was charged a $167 cleaning fee prior to my arrival, but had to empty all of my own trash and take it to the dumpster, clean up the bathroom, wash dishes and wash sheets. This was extremely ridiculous to me. If you don't clean it up you are charged a fee on top of the $167 cleaning fee. you get one roll of toilet paper, no extra trash bags, no soap, and 3 towels. If you want a new one you are charged a fee (I think it was $35). We made a trip to target to buy everything we needed since the condo didn't come with the bare necessities.

Like I said, great location, great staff, but I'm not staying again unless I book through Brett Robinson realty next time. The cleaning fee is ridiculous to charge when the guest has to clean everything up anyway.

• Stayed May 2013