“Great location, but I probably won't stay again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sugar Beach

Sugar Beach
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
“Great location, but I probably won't stay again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Before I give you the pros and cons, let me first tell you that I booked through price line.com. Do not book through them if you can avoid it. Try to book it through Brett Robinson realty. They own the updated condos. Sugar Sands ( the company that price line has you use) owns the rest. The condos owned by Sugar Sands are kind of a pain.

Pros: great location. Staff was super nice, and it is right on the beach. The sugar shack was great. Its next to the pools. You can order food, candy, drinks, and even alcoholic beverages. The condos are away from the heavy tourism. Price was decent since it was on the beach.

Cons: very out dated condo. I was charged a $167 cleaning fee prior to my arrival, but had to empty all of my own trash and take it to the dumpster, clean up the bathroom, wash dishes and wash sheets. This was extremely ridiculous to me. If you don't clean it up you are charged a fee on top of the $167 cleaning fee. you get one roll of toilet paper, no extra trash bags, no soap, and 3 towels. If you want a new one you are charged a fee (I think it was $35). We made a trip to target to buy everything we needed since the condo didn't come with the bare necessities.

Like I said, great location, great staff, but I'm not staying again unless I book through Brett Robinson realty next time. The cleaning fee is ridiculous to charge when the guest has to clean everything up anyway.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Julierunnergirl

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed at Sugar Beach with a group of family & friends and had a wonderful experience. The unit we rented (through Brett Robinson) was clean and very nice. It is also in a great location. We would certainly stay at Sugar Beach again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 215JacquelineT
home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed at Sugar Beach 348 Easter weekend. It is beautiful. Had to have been remodeled during the winter as I have not seem a 1 bedroom at Sugar Beach look this good. Walls have been moved and rebuilt. Everything is new. The bathroom downstairs has been enlarged and the bathroom upstairs has been divided in two. Shower and sink on one side and toilet and another sink on the other. Beautiful granite counter tops in the kitchen.
I do not believe that anyone could find a fault with this unit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank mikieHome
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just got back from staying 3-17 to 3-22-13 Spring Break. Took advantage of 4 nights get one free and was very pleased. This was perfect for me and my daughter. There are only 3 floors that make it easy to get to and from the beach and pools.

The Cabana "Sugar Shack" is very convenient for food and beverages. We made lifelong friends at Sugar Beach and appreciate how the guards take care of the premises.
Location is convenient for Gulf Shores and Orange V

We are already planning our next stay at Sugar Beach and will definitely book thru Brett Robinson Vacations. We have used them for years.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank June H
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Great experience. A very nice place for a family vacation. Multiple pools and direct beach access. Great seafood right across the street. The sugar shack is convenient and the drinks are perfect. WiFi was barely available in the room we had (East Side) and my cell hardly got service, but its a vacation so.... Will be staying here again, most likely annually.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank playr101
Hammond, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Let me just be upfront about the worst of it, there is no Wifi here…BUT that is the worst thing I can say about this place. I rented a unit through Brett Robinson Realty; I highly recommend them as well. I am really into feeling safe and the people, the location the environment felt so family friendly and was indeed so amiable that I would absolutely return! I traveled with my husband and children, we truly had a great time. The one bedroom condo was super clean and had an upstairs bedroom loft. The only property concerns that I ran into was were a few low grade maintenance issues in the unit and Brett Robinson had that taken care of rather promptly while we were out enjoying the beach. For a stay right on the beach, there is not a better value in Orange Beach. We were absolutely pleased with Sugar Beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank CarolinaTravelGal
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I booked this facilty on line & everything was a breeze. 2 girlfriends & mself shared unit #351 & would book it again!!! We felt like we were @ home and very safe! The pools & beach are very accessable! Great amenities, great price.Cant wait to go back! My family booked different condos further down the beach & ours was by far the nicer, easiest to get around, and more affordable!!! Highly recomend!!! A +++

Room Tip: I did call the property to ask specifics needs about the room that were important to us & they w...