“Brett Robinson Vacations SB U353”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sugar Beach

Sugar Beach
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
Birmingham, Alabama
“Brett Robinson Vacations SB U353”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just got back from staying 3-17 to 3-22-13 Spring Break. Took advantage of 4 nights get one free and was very pleased. This was perfect for me and my daughter. There are only 3 floors that make it easy to get to and from the beach and pools.

The Cabana "Sugar Shack" is very convenient for food and beverages. We made lifelong friends at Sugar Beach and appreciate how the guards take care of the premises.
Location is convenient for Gulf Shores and Orange V

We are already planning our next stay at Sugar Beach and will definitely book thru Brett Robinson Vacations. We have used them for years.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank June H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Great experience. A very nice place for a family vacation. Multiple pools and direct beach access. Great seafood right across the street. The sugar shack is convenient and the drinks are perfect. WiFi was barely available in the room we had (East Side) and my cell hardly got service, but its a vacation so.... Will be staying here again, most likely annually.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank playr101
Hammond, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Let me just be upfront about the worst of it, there is no Wifi here…BUT that is the worst thing I can say about this place. I rented a unit through Brett Robinson Realty; I highly recommend them as well. I am really into feeling safe and the people, the location the environment felt so family friendly and was indeed so amiable that I would absolutely return! I traveled with my husband and children, we truly had a great time. The one bedroom condo was super clean and had an upstairs bedroom loft. The only property concerns that I ran into was were a few low grade maintenance issues in the unit and Brett Robinson had that taken care of rather promptly while we were out enjoying the beach. For a stay right on the beach, there is not a better value in Orange Beach. We were absolutely pleased with Sugar Beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank CarolinaTravelGal
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I booked this facilty on line & everything was a breeze. 2 girlfriends & mself shared unit #351 & would book it again!!! We felt like we were @ home and very safe! The pools & beach are very accessable! Great amenities, great price.Cant wait to go back! My family booked different condos further down the beach & ours was by far the nicer, easiest to get around, and more affordable!!! Highly recomend!!! A +++

Room Tip: I did call the property to ask specifics needs about the room that were important to us & they w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Gulf Coast
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We got this 2 bedroom condo for next to nothing from a friend of a friend so I won't put the condo # here. But, I could see why it was available for a busy weekend in the middle of July the minute we drove into the parking garage. It was scary trying to squeeze around in the cramped garage! This may vary from condo to condo, but the walls are paper thin. We could hear actual conversations from neighboring condos! The grounds were outdated and didn't offer a fraction of the amenities nearby condos did. But, I guess you get what you pay for!
It is right on the beach but some units don't have a water view...so be careful when booking! The beach is perfect and there are chairs/umbrellas available to rent for a minimal $20/day. There are 2 small pools on the beach but unfortunately there isn't a beach view from the pool due to the grass...I suppose the grass and dunes provide protection, but it would be nice to sit by the pool watch the waves!
So, if you can get a unit for $100 or less per night, it's worth it....otherwise look around a little more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank tropicaldreamn

Travelers are raving about these Orange Beach hotels

Berry, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I had never been on vacation until this time. We didn't really know what we were looking for since we hadn't ever been to Orange beach before so we were pretty much going by what we though would be perfect for us. We found Sugar Beach 242 to be a Studio Condo. It was perfect for the 2 of us. As we entered the Condo it was just as pictured online so there was no surprises there. Although we didn't cook, the kitchen was stocked with pots and pans, plates, silverware...ETC. With this facility having 4 pools they were never to full for you to jump right in. :))

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. We are staying again in room 243, another stuido condo just next door, in just 23 days. :))

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katie T
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

There is no wifi, the electrical outlets in our room were hanging out of the wall, the blinds were broken so everyone could see in, upstairs has horribly stained curtains, must wash your own towels or pay for more, must wash every dish or pay extra, empty all trash or pay extra, no extra blankets, reserved ocean view room and you have to looks around the corner of the balcony to see the ocean. Will not ever stay there again

• Stayed August 2012