“Just what we expected”

Perdido Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Orange Beach
Reviewed March 22, 2007

The Perdido Beach Resort was everything that we expected. The lobby was nice and had a beautiful view of the ocean. Our room was basic and no-frills, but was clean and provided everything that we needed. The pool area was very nice and had a large deck surrounding it. The breakfast buffet was great and I would reccomend eating there at least one of the days. The hotel offers the only convention center in Orange Beach, but two more are currently under construction.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank drinkwn
Write a ReviewReviews (1,618)

Reviewed March 15, 2007

You definitaly DON:T get your money's worth with this hotel. I travel alot and this was one of the most expensive places I have every stayed and by far the worst room. We went for a convention and I couldn't believe how small the rooms were for the price of over $250. No mini fridge/microwave. When we arrived we had to wait forever for the valet parking. When I went to pick up my car from valet there was no one there and the staff gave me my keys and said I could just walk to pick it up. So we have another convention this June and I will be staying right next door in the Phoenix II which has 2 bedrooms, ocean front, a kitchen and for half the price.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank StephanDothan
Reviewed February 27, 2007

Cigarette smoke in the lobby was a problem. There was no way to avoid it. The front desk area was smokey. It was necessary to walk through cigarette smoke to get from the towers to the conference rooms. The problem was a bar in the lobby where patrons smoked and a WiFi area in the lobby that was also set up for smoking (no WiFi in rooms and I needed the access for business). Thus in essence the entire lobby was smokey. Some front desk personnel explained that they also did not appreciate having to work in a second hand smoke environment but that it was management's policy and was not going to be changed. As a result, the stay was unpleasant and I will not stay there again. I do not accept such exposure to second hand smoke.

• Stayed: February 2007
4  Thank pbweight
Reviewed October 9, 2006

We really enjoyed our stay..We were Right on the beach...The pool was terrific, the rooms were very nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Lots of things to do around you...Very nice bar and eatery around the pool... ..I loved the valet parking. So conveinent when you have kids..you are not having to fight them to the vehicle..quick and easy. The staff was GREAT. We will definitely stay here again!

Thanks so Much...

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank AnnSteve1971
Reviewed October 8, 2006

Do not book a room here. We needed to cancel our visit and did so one week prior. I neglected to write down the cancellation number. When I called back a couple of days later to get it, I was told that I had not called and cancelled. I was told it was to late and that I was not telling the truth. They even asked if I called the wrong hotel. The operator was rude, accused me of lying and told me there was no manager to talk to. I made the mistake of asking for her name twice. She said:"for the 4th time it is---. I called back anyway and asked for the Manager. There was A manager there. Again, she was rude and I was told that the staff was "highly trained and could not make a mistake in cancelling the room." Where I come from mistakes can happen. NOT HERE! I then talked with the General Manager, who instead of calling me back had the same RUDE Manager call me again. So beware they want your money whether you stay or not. Not only will we not re-book this trip, we will never go there again. Take my advise stay somewhere else!!!!!!!

Stayed: October 2006
3  Thank swimmom9210
Reviewed August 13, 2006

My husband, son, granddaughter and I stayed at the Perdido for 3 nights and just loved it! We had a room overlooking the pool and gulf which was a whole lot better than the just the oceanfront view room we received at check-in. The oceanfront rooms are at the very front of the resort with no view of the pool. With the pool AND ocean view you get the best of both!!! It was wonderful looking out at the beautiful SUGARY WHITE SAND BEACH and the WONDERFUL POOL area. The pool is an indoor AND outdoor where you can swim from outside to inside. Inside there are also TWO HOT TUBS-not too hot or too cool-JUST RIGHT! The entertainment at the pool was AWESOME! STEVE sings BEACH TUNES which makes it so relaxing when drinking your mai-tais from the poolside bar or during swimming or just laying out. We also loved the HALF SHELL where you can get lunch or snacks right there at the pool! We had dinner one night at LULU'S in GULF SHORES which we all , especially my granddaughter, loved! The LULU's Restaurant is owned by JIMMY BUFFETS sister LUCY. The food is AWESOME--a MUST TRY ARE THE CRAB CLAWS. The kids love LULU's because there is a HUGE SAND PLAY AREA where they can play in the sand and build sandcastles. There is also live entertainment! ALL in all we loved out trip to Perdido and would like to go again someday!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank roadkinggranny
Reviewed August 10, 2006

Man, it doesn't get any better than this. If you are looking for a place to relax and have some fun this is it. My wife and I have been going here for over 20 years and still look forward to coming back. We love the pool area and the pool bar. Steve Taylor plays beach music that really gets you going. He is extreemly friendly and interacts with the crowd. He makes this place. Ask him to play any song and he knows it, even American Pie. John and Greg are the pool bartenders and they are very nice and eaisly laugh. Be sure to have one of their Bushwackers. My only wish is that the pool area didn't close down so early (around 6 p.m.).

Stayed: July 2006